1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this fixer Extremely lucky?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by NoTtIaN, 20 Aug 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

That's true that there are more players using BC over EC than before, but giving Jumppanen as an example was a terrible idea, as he used BC even before EC nerf, just saying.

EC is still used a lot more and that's a fact. Make Enforcers capable of using EC, and I assure you, the numbe of EC users would be significantly higher (devs just please don't do so :confused:).
    And comparing EC/BC to Big Torpedo/Swift Torpedo, that's like comparing apples and oranges, but because you did so, you forgot one *little* detail..

... and make EC to be as hard to hit as Big Torp is, plus also make BC do splash damage also as Swift Torp is doing. ;)

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  2. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

You can even better dps, speed and accuracy with standard cannon.
    Dps, speed and accuracy cannot be compared with huge burst.
    Besides if you are saying blast is op, so is sniper. Single slot weapon which has crit damage equal to flare explosive, incredibly range and accuracy. Blast is being seen more due to enforcer meta days. Even before stun nerf sniper was second best weapon used.

3. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Oh, I get that you're not the type of person to allow common sense to get in the way of your opinions .. this is more for everyone else.

What do the numbers say (as opposed to feelings)?
    Top 50 players - 29 blast cannons vs 11 ecannons
    Top 4 speeders: 2 w/ blast cannons, 1 ecannon, 1 dual grenade
    Top 2 defenders: one using dual ecannons, one using rail and snipers
    Shooters: since sniper kills the blast cannon in training, I was surprised to see as many using multiple blast cannons ..otherwise, most shooters weren't using either blast or ecannon.
    Fixers were all over the place with items ..

And, I'm betting the ecannon numbers will continue to drop as people level their blast cannons.

4. xArrogance

Overall? Who knows. Top 50? That's fake news all day.

Did I? ... or did you forget to read....

Nikkie! likes this.
  5. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Ex cannon doesn't deal full damage when it hits a wall. My almost 1k damage t4r does somewhere around 650 when it hits a wall, or 700 when the targets burning and it hits a wall, whereas it usually deals around 900 damage a normal shot (because of defense) and 1k damage for burning targets (not that much more because I can't get burning perks :(). The splash damage is not even close to the actual damage.

6. xArrogance

Again, all I said was how overpowered the blast cannon was compared to the ecannon .. that's pretty much apples to apples.

Other than the blast cannon shooting faster, with a lower cooldown, the range is the same. Yes, the ecannon has splash, but - like I said - you'd have to do an extra 200-some damage per shot to even bring it close to the level of dps as it's 1-slot brother.

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  7. xArrogance

They know .. but they don't want to admit it

8. xArrogance

But, then again, how would I know what the top guys are really using ...?

Screenshot_20180821-084611.png

9. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

20+ top 50 players are enforcers. They are not going to use explosive cannon. Blast cannons being over used is because of enforcer meta. Get them out of meta you won't see much of blast on bay.

10. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Zzz
    Screenshot_2018-08-21-09-42-15.png

11. SeaNavy

Do you realize that that's only nightmare league players, which are the minority of the players? Just because more nightmare players use ex cannon, doesn't mean the trend continues throughout. If it were that way, I could just take data from Challenger league and say that cannon is over used.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  12. Joey who

There are thousands in nightmare. It does represent what the best weapons in the game are if its the top thousands of people in the game lol

13. xArrogance

I'm sure the event had nothing to do with that.. o_O

Scrolling down the top 50 and take a look yourself .. The people that have options are choosing blast. Shooters want to use sniper, they can't use blast. More shooters than any other ship. Etc etc

14. SeaNavy

You're saying "thousands" like it's a lot, but it's only about two thousand (I think) out of a lot. In Google play store there are 10 million downloads, and 2000/10000000 is 0.02% of the players. There are still tons of players other than nightmare players, so that does not prove that the item is ''overused."

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  15. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Are they?

Shooer:
    Screenshot_2018-08-21-18-10-23-931_com.android.chrome.png
    86% Vs 24%

Defender:
    Screenshot_2018-08-21-18-10-31-352_com.android.chrome.png
    116% Vs dunno but less than 16%

Speeder:
    Screenshot_2018-08-21-18-10-36-967_com.android.chrome.png
    48% Vs 20%

Enforcer:
    Screenshot_2018-08-21-18-10-45-369_com.android.chrome.png
    This was obvious..

Fixer:
    Screenshot_2018-08-21-18-10-52-042_com.android.chrome.png
    25% Vs 11%.

Again, are they? In top 50 there is the highest number of Enforcers, that's why there's more blasts than explosives. But if you look at whole NML, you can clearly see yourself, that each ship besides Enforcer has at least double the EC usage. Facts don't lie.

Edit: where's my charger :mad::D

ShipCrusherCz and Shadow Moon! like this.
  16. Joey who

"Database updated 4h ago*

17. Joey who

Yes because the NML players have payed enough or played long enough to develope the items they want and are not limited to using only what they can find like in the lower league. I assure you if you were a new player and you found 4 epic snipers and not 1 epic blast cannons you would start using sniper even if you are a blast cannon player on your main account.

18. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    if you were there i wouldve directly tried making a side 1v1 from the match.

and that was when i was mk5
    now i have an extra tesla shield.
    :)

when i got mk6 i got about 1000 hp increase.

and i wouldve survived you shot and CRiT YOU!!! :eek::p

19. xArrogance

If I'm usually in the top 100, I'd say I probably have more options than most .. but I couldn't switch over to blast cannon - otherwise I would.

So, comparing numbers of people with far fewer options isn't going to help ..

Want to see what the best weapons are in the game? Look no further than the top 50 .. where they have options. Far more blast cannons out there, eh?

Unless you're saying that it's not the blast cannon that's overpowered ... so you think the tesla shield needs a nerf then ...?

20. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

I did that once , and he was on fire , so if i didn't he was gonna die, otherwise we were gonna win anyway so I would wait if he wanna be healed or he wanna Finnish the achievement ;):cool::oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.