1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Is help for BattleBay on the way? New game development exec hired

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by BattleRascal, 27 Nov 2018.

1. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

https://www.pocketgamer.biz/job-news/69457/rovio-hires-new-head-of-games/

We don't know exactly the inner workings of BattleBay, but most of us can all agree that the last few updates given to us have been controversial (agility update) at best, to downright hated by most (post 4.0).
    Personally I would love the game to go back to PRE- agility update. This update seemed to create so many gameplay issues with target lock/unregistered shots/aiming & target jumping issues that I am not a fan. But yet I am still addicted to the game because there is nothing better out there to play.

All of these changes have been undertaken by temporary leadership after the previous Rovio Exec of Gaming had resigned in March 2018.
    Perhaps we can hold out hope that the new Exec of Gaming, Mr. Pelletier-Normand , might try to get BattleBay back to former glory after he gets up and running?

Rogue Blueberry likes this.
  2. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

I hope so. He is moving to Finland, so....should a hype train start moving yet?

3. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I'd hold off for now lol, he isn't starting until next year and it'll probably take some time for him to make changes. Also we don't know where on the list of his priorities BB is, for all we know he might want to focus on Angry Birds first

Rogue Blueberry likes this.
  4. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Yes, the Angry Birds Franchise is Rovio's bread and butter, so obviously that will command most of his attention. But I'm sure at some point, he will want a summary of every project and game Rovio has on it's books. This is the point where, hopefully, he will PLAY Battle Bay and will see the potential the game has and ask "WHY" it's revenues drop every quarter. At the very least, perhaps his hiring will light a fire under the current team in charge of BattleBay to right the ship. I'm sure the developers didn't create this forum just so all the players would come to complain. Somewhere in the game's launch, they planned to have a community between the players and developers and our ideas and suggestions actually made a difference in the way the game was run and gave priorities to what is implemented into updates.

5. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

It's more likely to get dumped than fixed.

What's Up Player likes this.
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Next year may be too late for Battle Bay... but we can always hope.

7. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

There's a chance that he will work develop battle Bay :) and make it flesh again

Djradnad likes this.
  8. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

Again the chances are low :(