1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infuriating GUILD CHAT bug! (Urgent please)

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by cys, 17 Mar 2019.

?

So how about a quick poll? How do you hate this bug?

1. I HATE it with passion, it drives me nuts! Remove it ASAP please!

83.3%
  2. It is very annoying but if this is so difficult to fix I might to live another day with it...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I do not mind as I am not a guild / social person at all and I do not care to go there anyway.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I like this "feature". This is what defines this game - buggy chat window!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. More bugs like that please! They are so creative!

16.7%
  1. cys

cys New Member

Hey everyone.
    I must say I am a very patient person but after over a year of playing this game, ups and downs of the fixes and improvements I still and still can see this damn infuriating guild chat bug being ignored. I finally decided whats enough is enough and I just created a forum account only to write about it. And I honestly hope it will be finally fixed. Once for all.

What do i mean? That on Guild Chat icon in-game there is some digit displaying how many unread messages are awaiting in guild chat. Well that is a nice feature in fact. Problem is that it does not work well. When I click there, see the messages and go fight, after the battle another digit is let informing me that there are unread messages. So I click there again only to see that there is in fact NOTHING NEW! I read them already!
    I go fight again and what do i see after the battle? Another unread messages in guild window?!

Come on...

To what end does it lead? Well that is obvious. That I no longer care to check guild window. Not often than once a day. And if someone greets everyone in guild or asks about something I simply do not respond. And its not because I am rude but because I no longer care to open this damn window to see that the "new message" is a hoax and in fact there was again nothing new for me to read... You know, how many times can one be "fooled". Shall I now quite the famous Einstein's definition of insanity?
    "Doing the same thing over and over and expect different results"
    Does it mean developers checking whether all the BB players are insane? Or they trying to drive us there?
    Or they will finally fix this damn (and supposedly easy to fix) bug?!

Thank you in advance!
    Chris

TheAntiSnipe, Nikkie! and Cavy like this.
  2. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

I hate leaving alerts on any app lol something inside me snaps and I have to click it just to get rid of it
    So ya could imagine how this one screws with my head lol yes I hate it! But I think I’ve found a way around it?
    I think it has something to do with shared boosts, if youclaim boosts or tokens from completed quests before clicking claim in chat you’ll get this bug, so always click claim in chat before actually claiming them. With quests you only need to select claim in chat once and you can claim all completed quests
    But Ya need to be careful with boosts because if you have donations from multiple people you need to click claim button in chat for each person, if you only click claim on one persons name in chat but actually collect boosts from a second person you’ll get this bug
    I’ve been free of this bug for the most part for months now lol but I would prefer it to be fixed properly so I don’t have to be careful claiming lol
    Some people may think it’s not much of an issue, but a red alert thingy that can’t be cleared does my head in!

Last edited: 17 Mar 2019
    Nikkie! likes this.