1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy tankers and match making

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by HARPO!, 12 Mar 2018.

Tags:
  1. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Heh, I skipped nearly a whole league also. The problem for me anyway was that overall the nature of the combats doesn't change much with infamy. So when I was ready to make a push, it was a big one... bigger than I expected actually. I'm thrilled to say, however, that I'm done with managing my infamy. At this point I'm solidly into the game and if I can't simply play it then I need to find another game. If I get nailed by their ridiculous seal clubbing rule I'm just treating it as a permaban and finding another game.

I am finally deriving a great deal of fun from Battle Bay because I can "play as hard as I can". It's wonderful to not worry about winning too much. Now, if only I didn't need to worry about losing too much I'd be set. That's the part that really annoys me. Without that seal clubbing rule playing some Battle Bay when I was tired, inebriated, or out of sorts wouldn't be a big deal. Sure, I'd shed a bunch of infamy but who cares? I'll just build it back up again when I'm in top form. With the seal clubbing rule in place, I tend not to play unless I can play at or near my peak. There is no climbing back from that abyss.

2. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Its kinda hard to skip 1000 infamy and one legendary isnt as powerful as it sounds. A level 35-40 epic is as good as that.

Last edited: 23 Mar 2018
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply to me! I really like the game. And I want to play as good as I can and win the battles together with others. But as for now a mk1 is just so weak and I don't want to be shot down within 2 heartbeats. It takes ages to upgrade my weapons, because Bhurt is locked from level 12 to 18! So I am stuck with 180 damage Sniper and 145 standard cannon. I don't want to lose 50 battles in a row or keep my Infamy low. I want to try to go as far as possible with my mk1 or 2.

I guess you are right, I just have to give it a try and see where that takes me.

4. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Do they get mad? I have never seen them do that here.

Some think I get mad, because I just say something I think could be improved. I am not mad, but just mention somethings. That is way different. So, maybe that is just the case here? Then again I don't read everything here.

opp likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I'm sorry, can you guys please stop being salty(naming no names)? We all suffer from bad matchmaking from time to time. The devs are constantly trying to make it better... Rovio does not have such a big devteam either, it's not like hundreds of people worked on BB.

Look, I get it. As a player, I've gone down 750+ infamy once. Scared the hell out of me. But just calling out the developers is not gonna get you anywhere; rather, they might ignore you.

I say this as a member, not as an MVP. Try to be constructive here. Forums have been closing shop ever since LoL and VG. This is like our only way to get heard by the devs. Don't spoil it.

I agree you shouldn't "stop whining". You haven't been heard, you have the right to be heard. Just... Be a little more polite about it, if you don't mind me saying.

opp, YerJokinArnYer and tonySTAX like this.
  6. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

That is why I asked, because I hear all sort of rumours about the big bad Devs. I have not spoken to them, but they people of the support team, including Grim Repair have always been very polite to me.

So, I don't have had problems about people getting angry at me. And I can imagine some got a little annoyed with me instead :)

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

They're just rumors. I've had one on one convos with Zeus, and he was nothing if not polite. They listen, they read.

Let me say something more. I don't use FB though I have an account. This forum, it's like my social network. Even so, even if I literally read every single thread every day, I DO NOT REPLY to 90% of what I read.

How can people expect the devs, who have an entire game to maintain and work on updates for, reply to everything?

8. NietonoPanda

NietonoPanda Member

upload_2018-3-26_12-28-51.png
    MK 6 fixer.........

opp and Blueee like this.
  9. GigaBeard

GigaBeard Member

2 cents: I would be fine with waiting a few extra seconds for better matchmaking. Or make it an option in the settings for those who prefer quality matches over fast matching

TheAntiSnipe likes this.