1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy manipulation spoils the fun for most

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by kylek33, 7 Apr 2017.

1. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

Apparently, rather than communication with us peasants, the Devs are either not doing anything about it, or just not bothering telling us. Either way, it's rather disrespectful of the Devs. We are the loyal player base. Give us SOMETHING

D3X and GhostYasuo like this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

According to those guys, they haven't found a feasible solution as of now. I suggest we let them take their time. The admins did respond earlier, so I guess they aren't being intentionally rude. While they are at it, though, I hope they optimize the game for Moto E2, cos even my keyboard glitches

3. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

Assuming the Devs won't be doing anything about the those sandbaggers... my suggestion to you guys is to just grind it out and get to higher leagues as soon as possible... haven't seen anybody intentionally/blatantly drop infamy that way in nightmare league... most players at the higher levels play to win, as far as what i've seen.

4. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

So....

@Miika @Bennunator

Ive spent the last couple of weeks as a mk4 speeder, chilling between 1500 and 2000 infamy. Doing my 75 stars in 90 to 120 mins with fast wins (and losses, hitting X) and earning a ton of gold and sugar.

A few days ago a got my mk5, so ive been climbing the ladder.. last night, i spent 3-4 hours around 2.5k, having awesome battles and hella fun, BUT! In the same time i earnt about 60 stars (less than half) and probably only a third of resources..

My question to the devs, is why should i be penalised for climbing? Sure, there are league rewards, but they are paultry conpared to what you can make in an hour in game,

So, conclusion...

Make climbing worth it (or certainyl dont give us half the rewards for doing so)
    Or
    Significantly increase season rewards
    Or
    Shorten the season

Thank you.

JustinBeaver, D3X and Miathan like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

I ran into this dude at literally 689 infamy. Mk4 shooter on his way down. Screenshot_2017-06-13-12-03-21.png So, he was sitting near a wreck, gone afk. Also, he really expected ro die by getting burned. Screenshot_2017-06-13-12-03-21.png Our team lost. I died in front of him. He was STILL afk.
    Then, when the defeat symbol came up, HE STARTED MOVING!!!
    These are the results(my phone froze during that last shot, so I dont have it. Sorry)
    Screenshot_2017-06-13-12-04-23.png
    So, Rovio, please find out if hes a delibirate loser or if he was simply afk. I sincerely doubt the latter

Attached Files:

6. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    We never ignore any posts, but instead of replying to each and every one we are actually doing something about the problem. Do keep in mind losing games on purpose is a bannable offense.

7. TheAntiSnipe

Zeus! Please tell me if u find the dude/gal I recorded. I risked and lost the match to photograph him/her

8. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    We never disclose any actions we take against any players publicly.

9. TheAntiSnipe

Oh, that...just wanted to see if you noticed

10. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Great. I agree with this entirely. Dropping and maintaining a low infamy gains more resources and stars. That's the honest truth.

To be frank, as a developer you should identify the problem and solve it. Obviously this infamy manipulation exploit is within the confines of the game. It's not a hack nor a cheat, it's a system that you guys developed and there's a loophole. Policing the issue would be a lot of work and there are probably countless of players that are doing this on purpose. Rather, you need to fix the problem by addressing the issues that @monobrow has indicated, rather than banning/removing your clever player base that figured out the system.

Last edited: 14 Jun 2017
  11. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

It does and its not even about dropping to 0 inf or whatever (and the people who do that deserve to be banned, i got one hit by boom!!!!! And his maxed explodo cannon last night, lol, gg)

Solution? I must be incentivised to push

I think the recent changes (to using peak infamy instead of league sunday) helps, but the reality is that unless your build is finished and you are in nightmare farming up legends then this game is a massive grind, and the difference in staying in the top of your league or farming slightly below it will be hundreds, if not thousands of hours over a serious players time in game. Giving up that much time is just not something sensible people will do.

The current system is broke, please fix it,

12. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

Lol no, peak infamy aggrevated the problem. People are climbing at the start of season, then dropping down after hitting a peak. Leagues needs to have drastically better rewards the higher you climb to stop these people.

13. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

In that case, can you take a look at this one? This player was floating at spawn all match, yet clearly not AFK because every once in a while he pressed a button for an ability, which you can see because the heal boxes are his. I can only conclude he's losing games on purpose and the occasional button press is to avoid a potential automated AFK detection.

Attached Files:

14. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

I think an easy solution of infamy dropping manipulation is to make the rewards denend on players current infamy but not on league % reward bonus. Then the higher u climb the bigger rewards u get and there will be no point to drop infamy on purpose. On the contrary it will force people to climb as high as possible and give stronger motivation to do their best all the time but not just at the end of the season when the league and division placement are determined.

JustinBeaver likes this.
  15. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

Exactly!!They dont even bother replying or atleast telling the community that they are actually doing something about it.So many posts about the same damn issues and it just seems like they arent caring about us.It really makes the dedicated player base lose faith.But hey as long as the whales keep spending right?

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  16. dead_insect

dead_insect New Member

Dude chill. Zeus just replied if you scroll up a bit ;)

Miathan likes this.
  17. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

I know he replied but I have seen the same mk5 defender from the past 2 weeks losing intentionally on his mk3 speeder but then switching to his defender and steamrolling his enemies to get easy 3 stars.I dont usually get so frusterated but I dont want such an awesome game getting ruined like this.

NaveFantasma mk5 defender German flag.I know the dude.Has T4 rares,T2 epics.And he drops infamy using an mk3 speeder.

Last edited by a moderator: 17 Jun 2017
    Miathan and Rock'N'Rolla like this.
  18. TheAntiSnipe

Guys, even though Zeus said that they do not comment on this stuff, i believe that these guys are getting Perma banned because of our detailed reports. But I'm an optimist

19. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

My honest opinion is that, these guys shouldn't be banned. Don't get me wrong, I don't think what their doing is right either.They should be temporarily suspended and informed, however, penalizing them isn't the solution. It'll be an endless policing of players, and what if there are hundred or thousands? It's going to get hard to keep up, and then what they could do is make it a lot less noticeable too, where do you draw the line? I just don't think it's a good use of Developer time. Removing these players isn't the solution, the system and how profitability is higher by staying "low" in infamy is the root of the problem.

Last edited: 13 Jun 2017
  20. ThreeFloyd

ThreeFloyd Member

I concur with this. They definitely need to make it more profitable to stay in their current league and strive to keep pushing.

Someone brought up a good point as well in my guild... They need to allow for people to drop as there will always be those who want to switch ships. I'm currently a fixer, but if I decide at some point that I want to switch gears and play this game as a defender, then I would want to drop down low as my ship will not be able to sustain me at a higher level anyways.