1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy manipulation spoils the fun for most

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by kylek33, 7 Apr 2017.

1. Bloodbait

Bloodbait New Member

This is insane ever game lately is my team of regular 300 to 500 Renoun being raped by players with epic sniper or explosive cannon from across the map 3 shotting every boat. Players with 4000 damage and no one else breaks 1500. Until this problem gets fixed I'm out.

2. creplk

creplk New Member

I agree lvl4 shouldnt be rare but having 2 or 3 lvl 4 with mix of shooter fixer against a team of shooter lvl3 only. Come on. Not to mention wut is a lvl5 shooter doing at low 1k infamy?

3. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    Yep, the mk5 has nothing to do on that infamy range, that is the loop hole being discussed here, but as i said before, just play a new game, it is very likely that mk5 won't be on your next match.

4. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

I totally agree with the F2P outlook. When I started two weeks ago I thought it was crazy some people were already in the 40's and 50's. Took me a bit to realize everyone wasn't reset after BETA. So for those of us that just started we will always be behind :/

5. creplk

creplk New Member

It did not, however, other mk5 popped up.. Yes even though knowing the team was in disadvantage, I still went out and did my best. Just sometimes it got frustrated.

6. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    Maybe try basing it on infamy AND battles fought, it would remove this problem wuite easily

7. Gimpdiggity

Gimpdiggity New Member

I signed up just to comment on Infamy.

I don't understand why it's SOLELY based on wins and losses.

If I deal 6,000 damage, sink four opponents, but lose the match I lose 24 Infamy despite having better stats than every other player in the game.

Meanwhile, the guy on the other team that did 112 damage and didn't sink anyone gains 24 Infamy.

I have no friends that play, so I just play on my own...and I try my best to stick with my team mates and play my role...but it's just beyond frustrating to just watch my Infamy go down over and over again despite seeing my name at the top of the list, with better stats than the winning team's best player, repeatedly.

JustinBeaver likes this.
  8. JJBalla3

JJBalla3 New Member

This problem is fixed easily if the league your in changes as you drop in infamy. This will force players to pay price of a smaller bonus for dropping

9. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

nope, especially with the way current leagues work, you can maintain your league while dropping severely in tier.

They drop so they can aim for better rewards while climbing back up the ladder, by virtue of a superior performance.

10. manueliz30

manueliz30 Member

@kylek33 @Miika @Zeus @Bennunator @Dr.pie @Dmg don @Karenai @Mr. Legendary @Helius Maximus @TheRedSpeeder

well... a HEAVY PEARL USER ruined our battle for not moving or shooting at opponent. Then after we (4 players) die, he moved and go to destroyed ship intentionally to sink and get defeated.
    here is my question will he get be banned? even though he is a HEAVY PEARL USER?
    if you saw this post please report this guy in game.
    Friend Chat > Search Players > #XHBZBQWY > REPORT.
    This is his ID #XHBZBQWY ....

@ManBearWiz you gotta see this post.

Screenshot_2017-06-10-14-31-26-825_com.rovio.battlebay.png Screenshot_2017-06-10-14-31-38-348_com.rovio.battlebay.png Screenshot_2017-06-10-14-31-42-857_com.rovio.battlebay.png Screenshot_2017-06-10-14-31-58-165_com.rovio.battlebay.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: 10 Jun 2017
    NightXO likes this.
  11. JJBalla3

JJBalla3 New Member

No I mean like the second you drop in infamy you loose bonuses... Sorta like the leagues in clash of clans.

12. Greydone

Greydone Member

Why would he get banned ? If he repeatedly did this for an hour or so I'd understand he'd get a warning then next time a temporary ban. I've played almost a thousand games and this never occured, plus afk players are extremely rare. Even idiots rushing at the opponents' team tend to disappear. Nonetheless I appreciate that you make the gamers' pool better.

13. manueliz30

manueliz30 Member

Manbearwhiz is complaining too. take a look and read. Now he's on mk4 enforcer and currently at 2,600 infamy @ Level 40. @ManBearWiz you gotta see this post.

@Greydone @Miika @Zeus @Bennunator @TheRedSpeeder @Karenai @Dmg don

19023486_119157102005428_4033287338421555200_o.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: 10 Jun 2017
  14. SCOOTY PUFF Jr

SCOOTY PUFF Jr Active Member

throwing in another complaint about BOOM!!!! twice this guy has thrown the match with me in it. folks in VIP chat have said he has been at it all night

15. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20170526-022115.png I'll add my complaint about boom!!!! Had him in a number of games recently. He's been afk most of them. Or just sucides without doing any damage. Yet it seems this is now such a problem that it's acceptable. Nothing has been done about OWNato either, despite the numerous reports of dropping infamy down to 800 from 2900...

16. ViolatedUnicorn368

ViolatedUnicorn368 New Member

I am pretty new to this game and those seal clubbers are just too annoying... it is not worth to play such ruined game....... I will come back when this infamy manipulation is fixed!!
    Hopefully devs fix this issues before I completely forget about this game.

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  17. Helius Maximus

PM
    Last edited: 11 Jun 2017
  18. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I have lost infamy big-time when practicing the speeder and torpedoes. But to take a dive? On my pride as a gamer, no, I will never accept that, no matter the causes.

19. Helius Maximus

PM
    How about this other guy:
    IMG-20170612-WA0048.jpg

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

As I said, this is TOO much. 900s to 400s is O.K. But a thousand plus to 191 is unacceptable. I suggest we prevent these jokers from losing certain amounts of infamy per day after they get reported. Permanent monitoring. Its unfair, but, hey...