1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy manipulation spoils the fun for most

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by kylek33, 7 Apr 2017.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Oooooooops. I messed up bad! Sorry!

2. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

You're thinking the current infamy is complex enough? It's actually really basic and very linear.
    Current infamy is basically a sum of total games won - total games lost if you put everything else aside (who cares about ship, who cares about items).. There's no real metrics here other than that. Ideally "infamy" should be a combination of many other aspects on top of simply winning, but would promote the game economics, so something that scales up based on Weapon Strength (ie; Legendaries).

I've mentioned this from a different thread in regards of the matchmaker. I talk about how Infamy can be a new index of everything including weapons/items.
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/infamy-rewarded-based-on-performance.136/

As for concrete evidence or concrete new system, of course if I would be able to propose it, I wouldn't be talking to you at this point. I would be talking directly to a dev, but at this point in time All I know is that the current system needs work and can be improved. If it can be fixed, infamy manipulation and matchmaking issues won't exist.

3. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

I love that a Dev jumps on to quote a post saying Devs don't post, to basically say "see, we do post." But that's it. No other answers or information. Just a "we're working, you can't see it, but take our word for it"

Rock'N'Rolla and GhostYasuo like this.
  4. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Wait, if infamy is how infamous you are, shouldn't how much damage you do in battles factored in? Also, if infamy was also based on win ratio, it would try to stick all the seal clubbers together

5. TheAntiSnipe

Guys, why not make a multiplier? Infamy*(multiplier dependent on weapons rating)=mm value

Pls tell me why not, cos I'm kinda new

6. WilbertCh

WilbertCh Member

I was in 1,4k infamy till i played for some quest and it dropped my infamy to 900. Frustrating? Of course!
    I played again and again but my infamy didn't go up (i hvnt even touched 1k again!).

And sometimes when u played the game over n over again(if u stay in that infamy), u will find the same player again and again. When u match with the same player it will be a doom (if u know the player can't do a teamwork etc). Well it sucks, I bet there more player than them.

And now, I'm DONE! I give up with the matchmode, guess I'll wait till devs come up with a new mode

PS:sorry if I oot

7. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

Screenshot_2017-06-11-17-11-38.png
    Like this?)

8. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Let's be honest. Look at the 2 biggest problems that are commented about in threads:

1. Shop System / Item Upgrading / RNG P2W / Economics & Resources

2. Infamy Manipulation / Matchmaking / Seal Clubbing / Resource Farmers

See the connection? Those that become dedicated to the game are trying to find ways to play the game where it's viable to actually farm and improve their accounts. Infamy dropping/ Seal Clubbing / Resource gathering is a direct and opposite reaction to the difficult upgrade path that Rovio has implored here in Battle Bay. Their F2P and Pay-as you-Go player base is being desperate to try and achieve an end game by ditching infamy and focusing on the really hard to get items. To blame these players who are gritting their teeth / risking their rep / playing endless pointless battles that this is their fault and even saying to ban them is in fact the wrong approach. The real people you should blame is Rovio and the devs.

Last edited: 14 Jun 2017
  9. ThreeFloyd

ThreeFloyd Member

3. Speed Hackers / Cheaters / Game Code Manipulators

10. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

Holy moly.A freaking mk6 aswell.Can I ask at what infamy level this happened?

11. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Taking the politically correct and moderated high road instead of recognizing that the issue is actually in their hands. They knew of this loophole, and they also directly caused it with their RNG P2W system. I particularly enjoy the Shop system thread as it obviously is a very important thread (like this one) where the Devs have also taken the high road, and a very very neutral stance. They assure us that the Shop System 2.0 is better but we've already pointed out as a collective Numerous issues that are significantly worst. If they were to come out and confirm that yes, it takes longer and why they decided to do this, and be transparent about it, then the older player base would have something tangible to at least accept. Right now, it's charades, and they hide under the guise that this system is for the better (for their own pockets, rather than) for the players.

12. TheAntiSnipe

I disagree. If we all have been taking this much time to do this, then we must also give devs and admins the benifit of doubt. It is unfair to call the game p2w when there are so many who haven't spent a penny on the game and still are pretty high up. Well, maybe the devs did mess up. Maybe they dont want to be too quick about their decision, and are taking their time. Either way, I'm an optimist, as I said earlier. Let's see how it plays out

No, please show my entire quote. This is not what I meant

Last edited by a moderator: 17 Jun 2017
  13. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

You're optimistic because you never seen the system before this. You're new from the global release. The people that are high up are from the system prior to this which started about a year before. So sure, maybe they didn't spend any money, but that doesn't mean that 1 year from now you'll be in their position (as in high up, probably not because that system that took a year doesn't exist anymore). But how it' plays out is relative, it's been "Playing out" right now for more than a year and it's almost undeniable that it's more "Pay to Win" these days for sure.

GhostYasuo likes this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

Thats general for all games. How they implement it differs. Battle Bay is being managed wrongly for sure. I think patience is essential though.

15. ThreeFloyd

ThreeFloyd Member

This thread has gone off on tangents. Losing the focus. How about we get back on track to the topic at hand... INFAMY MANIPULATION.

16. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Happy to hear this! I look forward to seeing BOOM!!!!!!!!! banned. Its been reported repeatably on these forums, Ive reported him ingame aswell now.

He pilots a quite strong mk6 shooter when he wants to win - He sits afk at the spawnpoint in a low level ship when he drops infamy (i.e. looses on purpose).
    Looking forward to watching this have consequences, will be fascinating to see if rules also apply to heavy spenders or if the fear of refunds gives you immunity :)

Happy to provide more screenshots, but just track him ingame and youll see easily.

Get to it! (And have Miika drop by the shop thread, would love to hear if he still claims that items are much easier to get under the new system!)

17. Miika

Miika Game Lead

That is because devs not writing does not mean that devs wouldn't be reading. It's just that writing takes a lot more time than reading, but when people start to spread the "devs don't care" meme we feel the need to step in every now and then. I'd like to remind that the developers writing on this forum are not full time community managers whose only job is to write on the forums. Actually quite the opposite, you are talking with the actual developers making the game, and every minute spent here on the forums is away from completing tasks. And if you see developers being less active than normally it can mean only one thing: we are busy making the game for you. :)

behumble, CrizR, oDDD and 5 others like this.
  18. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

This. And the community would be well advised to keep their suggestions and comments thought out. Spewing salt at developers only makes them go away. Just look at the Hearthstone forums. -_-

19. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

That's fine and we agree that you guys have to juggle the work schedule, management and working with the game developers to fix possible issues. It would be nice if you could acknowledge that there is some sort of action towards some of these issues, or at least recognize that the community has spoken out regarding and given feedback, and have some sort of response. I think the lack of a direct response to them are making the public/players think that we're being ignored. Something like "We heard you and we are looking into this". That's all it really takes.

20. HappyEvil

HappyEvil Member

Best dev comment I've read this week. You guys so far have been awesome communicating with the community. I was starting to think this was a small game because so many of the posts I read were from devs. Then I looked on the playstore and battle bay had 5 mil downloads...

TheAntiSnipe likes this.