1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy Help Please!!

Discussion in 'The World of Battle Bay' started by • Percy •, 25 Jul 2017.

1. Potato Skin

Potato Skin Member

Double turbo is not a bad idea, it just depends on your build. You might need to invest a turbo and bandage because grenade's range is not good. But DON'T double turbo if you get higher because enemies learned how to aim at fast ships.
    I use double turbo to plant mines and block enemies

2. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    Yeah. Im at 1300+ and using mines/flare/bc with my blast. It works and if i lose too many games i switch to another weapon but my rare III blast is gonna stay. And i am also thinking about using fixer....

3. Medic Killer

Medic Killer New Member

MK 5 Speeder here. It helps also if you use all of your gold a resources to upgrade as much as possible. Speed kills, and this is for sure...at the opening moments of a battle, if your fast enough, you can move in close - take a shot that disorients the opponent while there still trying to get organized...and speed back to your teammates. However, you NEED to be fast enough to do this...and have a weapon worthy of making them take notice. I’ve gone the mine route at times but found more luck with the high level fire bomb and blast cannon combo. Hope that helps...oh yeah...and don’t stop moving.

Last edited: 30 Sep 2017
    Mr. Chompers likes this.
  4. • Percy •

9th grader
    Hmm hasn't thought about that. Anyways I'm way above 1500 now. Thanks anyways :)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I dont know if you were already told this, but speeder weapons must be really powered up. Otherwise you'll feel like youre tryna harpoon a whale with toothpicks. Also, make shots count, dont shoot till you have a 100% chance of gitting your mark. Simple tips, but too easy to forget in the heat of battle, imho.

D3X, The Otherguy and Medic Killer like this.
  6. • Percy •

9th grader
    Very true but I don't really fire much XD more like run around and cause mayhem and occasionally fire torpedoes at the fixer. Ive learnt to predict moves with my blast pretty much all the time so I guess I'm good XD. Thanks for the tip though. It help someone else :)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I actually saw your infamy later, or I wouldn't have given such a noob tip lol.
    Also, that is SOO my style of playin speeder!
    [​IMG]
    Btw, I got reeeeeeal lucky in t he raffle today. Two overboost perks, one rare, one epic!

• Percy • likes this.
  8. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Agree with this 100%. Try adopting a more defensive play by using cover (behind pillars, walls etc) and use your speed to your advantage by ducking under cover while waiting for weapon and items cooldown. Having more speed isn't just for circling around enemies out in the open, using the terrain or even waves to your advantage is your key to winning more.

• Percy • and Medic Killer like this.
  9. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Here's a nice replay reel of my recent play:

10. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    1. That flare-gun duration! :eek:
    2. I see you got your epic lvled up?

11. • Percy •

9th grader
    It's the great D3X :p haha thanks for commenting on here :)

12. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Yep, it's getting there. I'm working on Burnice constantly to get the duration up to maximize damage, been a bit luckier since the update in finding Epics. So no complaints here, still struggling a bit to get back high up to my record again. Competition is getting stiffer up here as more P2W players join in, and with Quests it's also getting a bit harder to win with more players choosing to use weapons they don't normally use.

TheAntiSnipe and The Otherguy like this.
  13. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

No problem! Just keep at it, grind grind grind. The name of the game is be patient if you're F2P or P2P, it will be tough at times especially if you're competitive. It'll get you quite upset. However, just keep hanging in there and focus on the items long term. Eventually you'll reap the fruits of your labor.

One main reason I mentioned the defensive style is that up above 3000 Infamy, the game slightly changes to this, and more so up in Nightmare. Players that are good or great will take any vantage point for better leverage.

• Percy • likes this.
  14. The Otherguy

Tech support
    :eek::confused::eek::confused::eek: 19!!! SECONDS!!! Some SERIOUS work went into that! Flare-gun only does 10 untrained (and un-perked)!!!!!! :eek::confused::eek::confused::eek:
    OP! Never mind, I'm getting on the bandwagon. :p;):cool:

TheAntiSnipe, D3X and • Percy • like this.
  15. • Percy •

9th grader
    Yeah. Thanks for the tip =D I like the idea of defensive play. As they say, defense is the best offense =D

D3X and The Otherguy like this.
  16. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Let the enemy make the mistakes?

• Percy • likes this.
  17. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

One of the things that’s helped me recently is using cover a bit better (switching to a rudder has actually helped a lot with that).

I run BC and ExC, which means I need to get quite close to do damage. The problem is, most games begin by trading long ranged blows. If my team does well in that part of the game then great: I can just swoop in and mop up. But if they do poorly, and we lose a teammate early, then I’m going to have a difficult game.

What makes it worse is that it’s hard for me to contribute to that part of the game. If I just hang with my team and wait for an opportunity, then we’re potentially 4v5 at ranged combat. If I rush forward on my own to help with the early damage, then I risk getting isolated, and leaving my team a man down.

So lately, I’ve really been focusing on using cover better, and finding areas on maps where I can advance without exposing myself too much. I’m getting much better at contributing to the early damage, without sticking my neck out too much, and I’m surviving more games to the end.

The rudder seems to help, as it makes it easier to pop in and out of cover quickly, and land a shot before I get sniped.

I haven’t seen my infamy go up much yet, but it certainly seems to have stabilised. I was swinging between 800 and 1200, now it seems I’m holding steady above 1000. Hopefully, when I get my next upswing, I’ll see it go up a bit.

Mr. Chompers and • Percy • like this.
  18. • Percy •

9th grader
    Ive tried enforcer dance with the speeder XD but it just doesn't work so I switched to enforcer now and the cover play is a great play to make :)

19. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I know people already said this, but focus on upgrading damage and health. Don't forget that an uncommon tier 3 or 4 is better than an epic thats only level 10 :) Your infamy looks pretty normal compared to the gear you have. When I was around your level, I focused on upgrading and got a huge infamy boost.

• Percy • likes this.
  20. • Percy •

9th grader
    Thanks buddy! I run this setup now:
    IMG_1929.PNG

Appreciate it :D

TheAntiSnipe likes this.