1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamous infamy

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Paccdaddy, 16 Jul 2017.

1. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Ya or even the top two not losing as much as the rest. Like hell even -15 or -10
    Itsbso hard to stay up when you get so many losses. I was 1300 2 weeks ago. I cant get over 1100 for the life of me. And i know im not a bad player.

2. Paccdaddy

Paccdaddy Member

Bottom line of what I was trying to get at before the gag reflexless joined hands and strapped each others kneepads was... ahheeeemm

Top performance resulting in 1 or 2 star battles = fewer infamy dropped

5 member fleets... so you can blame yourself or being garbage...

To many fixers don't fix... too many speeders don't speed... enforcers who don't enforce.. etc..

3. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

lol 5 fleet will ruin the game. Just imagine the top players fleeting with each other.

4. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Sounds like some.fun intense battling to me.

Guess what? Matchmaking is already ruining it for a lot of people. Pick our own fate. Not to mention guild wars...thats what guilds are usually about.

5. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

6. Paccdaddy

Paccdaddy Member

I see what you mean there.. it would still need infamy matching somehow.. but that there would be the big hole in that system

7. Paccdaddy

Paccdaddy Member

I didn't even think of that tbh lol

8. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

It will be total dominance. Just imagine how GSW or Cavaliers steamrolls the NBA.

Paccdaddy likes this.
  9. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Ok?
    And yes, I did. Decided to delete it and see if the thread would degenerate into the usual whine or go somewhere constructive before I posted my own negative trash comment. It went down the usual path, so here I am :)

10. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

....That was a joke.....

11. CheekyDevilGod

People would stop trying to win and just focus on doing max dmg

You'd be competing against your own teammatesinstead of with your teammates

12. Paccdaddy

Paccdaddy Member

Fair enough. Like I said I just would like to see a cushion for when you are carrying the team. Now I do have a bad game here n there.. but my moves are calculated (for the most part) and it works (most of the time). I give credit when it's due.. and there are powerful players in my infamy range. But sometimes my back hurts.. ya know. I take my losses when I lose. But some boats should stay docked

13. Paccdaddy

Paccdaddy Member

And that's my piece for that. Excuse the metaphors if they trouble you.

14. Paccdaddy

Paccdaddy Member

Yea I see u tho

15. Lightsoutokyo

Lightsoutokyo Member

What's the difference between what you said an what's happening now?
    All anyone besides fixers look for is how much their ship can do damage with: their style of play, their style of ship and then they go out and do their own thing.......how is this different than "everyone would focus on DPS instead of winning" DPS is inherently tied to winning in this game, you don't do enough; you lose. you do more than the other team, you win

16. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

I'm a Speeder and I don't give a shit if I only do 300,400 or 0 damage as long as we get the win. So not all. Just throwing it out there.

Lightsoutokyo likes this.
  17. Lightsoutokyo

Lightsoutokyo Member

I like this ideas
    Heck, even 3 fleet hookup would be a significant improvement; more than Half of the team working together kind of makes it incentive to work with those other players
    Whereas right now if you see two players running off together nobody gives it much thought

Paccdaddy likes this.
  18. CheekyDevilGod

The difference is, currently, people are atleast TRYING to win, not JUST do dmg and crap.

If rewards, stars and infamy gain and drop were purely rewarded based on performance ALONE, they'd totally stop trying to WIN at all and just focus on doing max dmg.

If I'd gain max stars, better rewards, and wouldn't lose much infamy as long as I do decent dmg then why the fudge should I even care about winning, like at all?

19. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

I think the matchmaking system is fine.
    Only problem I see is when there is only one fixer, and the other team doesnt have one. That should probably happen less.

Mamamyers likes this.
  20. Paccdaddy

Paccdaddy Member

I try to win with as much damage as possible. But I see what you mean.

Mamamyers likes this.