1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply I'm so close to quitting..

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flipscuba, 14 Apr 2018.

1. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Defender is harder because there's no turning back, and having only 3 weapons diminish his versatility... About fixer being easier than shooter, you are kidding, right?
    IMHO, after playing the 5 boats, shooter is way easier than any other boat.

2. CoolDownHSNA

CoolDownHSNA Well-Known Member

Student
    Miika u r the best in ur number form! U should make a thread where u post an interesting fact or number fact or a graph everyday for other people to see!

3. Rainbow Warrior

That's one of the best ideas ever posted on this forum :D

4. CoolDownHSNA

CoolDownHSNA Well-Known Member

Student
    lol thx! @Miika pls listen to us!

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Fixer is the toughest, since, to win, you need the battlesense of a shooter, tactics of a speeder, movement of an enfo, and tenacity of a defender. Oh, and did I say you have to predict the future as well?

Speeder has the most punishing learning curve, enfo is less punishing but waaay tougher to master. "How" to dance is easy. "When" is another story.

Defender needs chargesense, something that is damn near as unforgiving as an enfo, but not quite.

Shooter needs the knowledge of the map and knowing how and where to apply raw force.

TheFixer27 and Spinners71 like this.
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It is having a target painted on your back that makes the Fixer tougher... which is why I think teammates should protect them better. I try

I would play Fixer as my second boat if I had any way to level up both sets of items at once, but I'm already behind in Shooter, still trying to figure out when RNG will ever give me just one more epic copy of any of my standard set of weapons.. so I can't fathom having the ability to build out a Fixer rig between now and the end of the year, even though I have the items to do so. Last time I played it was some time last year @MK4 level... it was fun.

7. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

LOL okay sure.

8. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I will have to say your assumption is terribly wrong.
    I guess you are one of those defenders who believe that range is useless on defender OR mortar type weapons are useless on defender.That defender is meant to rush or flank only.In 3k games i played with defenders,i can confirm that DEFENDER is terrific at long range weapons and it doesn't need to always rush! Staying in front line can let absorb a lot of damage,at any range

Why was speeder once the most used boat or why is enforcer most used now? Because they have 3 weapons only they should terribly suck! But the don't
    Let me correct that statement,SURVIVAL AND MAP CONTROL ARE THE FACTORS WHICH ENHANCE THE VERSATILITY OF WEAPONS,NOT JUST THE NUMBER
    Enforcer---basically a tank with dual shield

Speeder----speed helps you escape out of tight situations, regenerate back.

Defender---Huge Hp and +20 more point to defense.Its best boat by far to use NAPLAM and standard canon.High dps midrange weapons which a shooter cannot risk to expose itself to use.

And What Does shooter have? A fucking extra weapon for huge disadvantage in every field.
    The difference between turret and ship agility of shooter and defender is not even that significant..
    Screenshot_20180416-101835~2.png Screenshot_20180416-101732~2.png

And in my experience less weapons or high cool down weapons are the best,because while reloading you can focus on your position(But it is for only players to understand importance of position in game)

Shooter is no way easy to play, Because it is always the primary target for the players who play smart!.

Last edited: 16 Apr 2018
  9. TheAntiSnipe

Cowardly, eh? Lmao. Speeders have more guts than 90% of the Bay. If you're gonna call a ship cowardly, look at the mortarspamming shooters. Gutless.

Tmfh67401 and What's Up Player like this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

I said mortar spamming, as in peeps using five mortars. And HE raised the subject.

Also, him calling speeders in general "cowards" is okay and for me it's not? I'm allowed to speak my mind, and when I don't mention the devs, I'm NOT being someone from Rovio.

And watch me. Mortar spamming is a gutless way to play, in my personal opinion. Take it as you will.

Tmfh67401 likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

PS. Why do you have to bring my MVP status when I'm just saying my piece and not even roping the devs into the picture?

12. F.QTR

F.QTR Active Member

I do work unfortunately
    Let me explain every ship since I play every ship and every weapon on weekly basis.

1- shooter: you need two learn which weapon to use where to use them and how to use them. Also combined them with our assists weapons.

You need long range and close range weapons. Since you might get rushed by def or yellow or get killed from far with shooter and fixer. Having multi canons needs a fire weapon with it. Also when you use mortars you need the sense of the map where are enemy and where to stand to actully launch mortars some places you can’t launch them. With double shield and speeders now you need to adapt to the game by using two weapons to break shield. My setup flare , ec , rail gun and 2 snipers I got 3 weapons that break shield so I can win. Also I can hurt anyone attacking me face to face. Shooter is about the awareness of your position on the map, enemy location, and weapons combanations.

2-Speeder. You are the spoiler. You rush to the enemy side way to show your friend the enemy and make the snipe from far before even enemy sees them. You target the people who are close to dead and try to kill a fixer is your first option. Also causing destruction can be the speeder best option for his team. Protecting your fixer and shooters from other yellow should be a must. Always watch for the help call or the map.

3-Enforcer. Well you can do what ever you want to do. Destruction. Attack. Defend. But usually you are the one on the first attack line do to your double shield. To protect the team from getting hit. Watch out from other yellow attacking your team.

4- fixer you are a hopeless ship issue most of fixer play fixer wrong. You got 3 fixing items so never let these items not use always make them reloading then look for attack. You JOB is to keep your TEAM ALIVE. Not to attack. You better have mines and naplam or ec or rail gun to break shield or hurt rushing enemy. I start to like carrod and railgun carrod to hurt yellow next to you railgun to cause dmg from far. But your first job is to watch the map call for target and help. AND TO FIX THE TEAM. With the stupid agility of the ship it’s hard to stay alive but having two pulse and one bolt is better for the team then a duck tape.

Then there 5- Defender well what should I say all you can do due your stupid size and speed is one thing try to attack from a spot where they don’t see you and just kill the fixer first they attack another guy and hopefully your team can follow you and take advantage or you are screwed. You got no option you are too big to play a along fight and don’t have much weapon to deal high dmg. You need flare and 2 ec to cause high dmg or flare ec and carrod for a good weapon that hit from close range and fast reload. But you are screwed if the don’t follow. Worst ship by far.

1vs1 senerios.

Shooter vs speeder,enfo fixer. A good shooter should win 8/10 if both are good player.

Speeder vs fixer def should always win. Also running away to heal from bandage and coming back to hit again is good idea 6/10

Enfo vs def speeder fixer should always win unless speeder can out run you to get heal from bandage and you don’t use one.

Fixer vs all ship can win Aginst you you are too big and zero agility to avoid hits. Here you can win with bandage and nitro if you avodie getting hit a lot and you got two strong weapons but your chances are really bad against all ships unless you play defender you will out run him to get heal and hit again.
    Fixer vs shooter 1/10
    Fixer vs speeder 0.1/10 due to stun blocking heal.
    Fixer vs enfo 0.5/10
    Fixer vs def 5/10 maybe more.

Defender you are wining against a shooter because you got more HP put with a shooter with hard weapons you are dead if a shooter got flare 2 ec and two helping weapons you are dead he got 5 weapons you got 2 usually if you can hit all 6 hits 3 then reload then 3 you will win. You got 20k hp he got 8900 you wining . But depends on shooter setup most of the time. If shooter got fb mortars mines torpo and you get close you win all the time.

Def vs shooter 6/10
    Def vs fixer 4/10
    Speeder 0.5/10 stun plays a lot in it.
    Enfo 0.1/10 double shield .

For all that you can get that def are screwed all the time why because over sized slow no turret or agility. Also high hp fine but so what ? With my setup even def hp can go down easily.

That all based on two good players who knows how to use there ships.

Conclusion: if you are a defender you are dead.

Flipscuba and SlayerofSergeants like this.
  13. Rainbow Warrior

Because of its base stats plus yellow items ;)
    I was comparing Defender and Shooter, playing defender allow you to be less versatile than being shooter.
    Both have only blues and reds but shooter's reds and base stats allow their users to commit more positionioning mistakes and to be ready to face more diversity on the bay.

14. Babablacksheep

Make your guess who would win
    (An epitome of how if devs buff/nerf according to forum member requests,it would break the game)
    A double bubble ENFORCER enfo with Most op weapon aka sniper(i know elypsis he is been playing enfo since forever)
    Screenshot_20180416-173701.png
    OR
    An underpowered defender using recently nerfed explosive canon
    Screenshot_20180416-173654.png
    (Click on the thumbnails)
    Here goes the replay

https://replay.battlebay.net/LGMJLXQH#HTHQMPDK

Watch 1vs1 till the end

(P.s. i m not getting at you,just make sure you didn't waste time on investing in DEFENDER)

Last edited: 16 Apr 2018
    Flipscuba likes this.
  15. Babablacksheep

Hmm so a 12Khp defender getting hit by a crit or a torp is more severe than a 6K hp shooter? I don't understand the logic of yours.For barely good stats than a defender shooter has literally Half the hP,how does that allow more position mistakes..
    How do red slots help in positioning mistakes? Lol

As i explained above shooter is the only ship besides speeder where position mistake will cost you the game.

16. F.QTR

F.QTR Active Member

I do work unfortunately
    If you are an enforcer with snipers it’s just stupid setup ask someone who’s always top 25 with enforcer. Best enfo setups are Blast Flare Mine, double Blast and Flare. Gr8 double blast ,
    Gr8 Blast and mine. Sniper isn’t good in playing one on one but worked on a def since his weapons can’t break a shield so he couldn’t stand a chance.
    Flare hit followed by 2 epic t5 blast hit with fire perks is 2200 + 2200 + 1660 = 6060 dmg another reload and the shooter is dead since it’s 12120 dmg.
    That’s if the shooter can’t break your shields and cause heavy dmg like I do with my shooter.

If you play enfo with sniper good luck against me. Or any top players.

17. F.QTR

F.QTR Active Member

I do work unfortunately
    Positioning in a shooter might kill you in 20 sec but also might kill def in 20 sec in nightmare league while in yellow you can run after they break your shield. It’s not a big different in shooter def positioning. Shooter can go up to 12k hp and def to 21k hp

18. Rainbow Warrior

You know map control is made with guns, right? You can get out of several bad situations with some napalm, fire bombs, torps, mines... And then shooters are faster enough to get less shots while getting out of the bad places they've put themselves in. Of course a defender can equip those but the cost is way higher than it is for a shooter.
    You are presuming I'm a defender, but I main speeder and I also use every boat, I'm not telling shooter needs a nerf, I'm saying that being easier to play is part of the reason why there are more people playing shooter than other boats.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

I wouldn't say that it is the only reason. Shooting off five big guns is F.U.N. Trust me, I wanted to be a shooter main too. But there's sooo many shooter players who are experts in their own right. I'd be just another shooter, pounding down damage day in and day out, missing and not caring.

As a mk4, I once ran into a speeder mk3 at 700ish infamy. This was A LONG time ago. This dude/gal was fast. And I wasted bullet after bullet, torp after torp trying to hit them. That's when it dawned on me. You get used to having guns cooled down, having a round in the chamber, always. Then you lose the value of a bullet. You forget about the penalty of missing. As I went down from 3k+ HP to zero in my 1v1 against an opponent with just about HALF that much... Let's just say I bought a speeder and crashed it a thousand or so times in the following month;)

Now I see it. Shooters are fun to use, and much less punishing from the get-go. Switching is not fun, and the game doesn't really provide much motivation to do so. This means most people will never switch until convinced otherwise.

Also unfortunately, the best way to become a good shooter is to play a ship with less gun tubes and learn the true penalty of missing a shot.

I believe that every shooter main should have a "pet ship" to just play around with, so that they get the perspectives of every teammate they roll with, and act accordingly.

20. Babablacksheep

Its what community believes is OP man! The snipers.Anyways,Rare tesla Shield (again used by F2P player base are absolutely trash).The ENFORCER you talk about constitute very minor no. Of Players and are not doubt OP i agree.
    Yea I believe that DEFENDER is weak in nightmare,but fixer is the weakest!

But in all other leagues except the 1% nightmare player base,its not the case.In ace league having a fixer is Huge! Advantage and Fixer+defender in a team is a win win situation.Buffing defender just because it can't get to Top 50 Rigs game for most of us,It is something we don't want!
    More players playing shooter is BECAUSE they start with it and it is best boat till mk3 no doubt.Its not easy to play,it has more linear gameplay which is what most players want.After mk4+ the buffs that other ship receive with progressive mk,Where as shooter which was stronger in Early mk becomes equally strong at mk5 stand point with gaining the lower hand with defenders at mk6 while yellows get stronger.
    I m developing an enfo myself which practically would have much better gear score than shooter,so i could care less if they even nerf.