1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply I'm Not A Seal Clubber

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by PastelPiku, 29 Jan 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Guys, I need help.

I was at like 3100 infamy. Now I'm at 1600. Before you stop me and say "actually try then" or something like that, let me explain.

It started with a chain of bad luck. Teammates ditching the team, committing suicide, just general bad luck in terms of matchmaking. It got bad as my infamy approached 2500, though, as my rewards also started to fall. The lower I got, the worse my teammates would work together. Currently at 1600, even when I use my best boat, I usually don't stand a chance as my teammates run off in random directions and die off 1 at a time. Sometimes we pull through with some clutch victories. Sometimes we even dominate. But it's more than likely that I have to try my very hardest and still lose horribly due to lack of teamwork.

I think cutting the rewards is not a problem when it comes with dealing with actual seal clubbers, but if my opponents are always like 2500+ even as I've been stuck at 1600 for about a week, my odds of winning are still about 50%. In other words, I'm just stagnating at this low point and the matchmaking is treating it like I'm still at 2500, so I can't rise back up and start getting rewards again.

Please fix this. I can't even fleet with anyone since they just get 2 shot by everyone up here in Ace.

Attached is a screenshot of my most recent matches. Note that I am indeed trying my best to win ALL of these matches.

Attached Files:

2. PastelPiku

Security
    I just noticed that I have 3 kills in one of those (the only visible victory). Before anyone says I'm being too aggressive for a fixer, I have those kills because all of my teammates died.

3. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Using supportive fixer will piss you off because you may heal a million HP and still lose, Join the tape side ,that way you can rely on yourself ;)

4. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Congratulations. You're a M5 at 1600. Now, as you noted, you are down in the land of flotsam and jetsam where winning is a dicey proposition. Sink a bit lower and most of your team won't really want to win at any given moment.

Oh the joy of it all. Good thing matchmaking is working as designed.

PastelPiku likes this.
  5. PastelPiku

Security
    It hurts so much lol. I honestly wouldn't mind if all rewards were cut and guild quest contribution was disabled until I get within range of my league. If they made it more feasible for me to get back up there, I couldn't care less how severe the penalty was for being down here, as I have no intention of staying down here and normal matchmaking would make it stupendously easy to get back to at least 2500.

6. PastelPiku

Security
    I actually do use 1 tape as one of my 3 greens so I can help tank some damage a bit and also to prevent myself from dying too fast. Originally bumped me up from 2800 to 3300. I guess having just 1 tape suits my playstyle. But this is besides the point.

7. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Can you give me a screenshot of your build from your hangar?

8. PastelPiku

Security
    Since you asked, here you go, but before you blame my build, I must remind you that this is the exact setup that got me to 3000 (actually it's better since I upgraded my rudder and railgun to t4 since then)

Attached Files:

9. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Normal? You mean... matched against players who are appropriate to their infamy and trying to win?

That isn't normal in Battle Bay. What you are experiencing now is "normal". I think only a tiny percentage get to experience actual combats among willing participants.

10. Miku Da Yo 39

Ditch the duct tape, it's so weak. I would also ditch the rudder for now because your playstyle and gear does not suit it. Run a shield. Switch the tape for another bolt or box or something. If you want to actually make use of the rudder, run triple tape and a flare.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  11. PastelPiku

Security
    I get what you're saying but infamy is supposed to represent the strength of your skill and items together. Normally this would cause a rise/fall as it does in most other ranking systems: you rise and gets harder, you fall and it gets easier. My issue is that it isn't getting easier at all and my teammates are throwing games left and right. The rise part became extremely difficult, despite my low infamy.

This just doesn't work and I will not hesitate to call it a major problem.

12. Miku Da Yo 39

If you let me play on your account I can get it back up. I have confidence that it's just a skill problem. But honestly I would ditch the rudder for now. Your hp is just so low. And the duct tape too at least have it higher than t1 lol

13. PastelPiku

Security
    I'm not changing my build when it worked just fine before. I'm often told that my fixer is great and I do a good job focusing on the team, only attacking when necessary. I agree that my tape is weak, but it still helped me gain infamy and I don't currently have anything better.

And switching to triple tape is something I'm heavily opposed to, especially since, as you can see, my only other tape is a t1 rare.

14. PastelPiku

Security
    If it were a skill problem I wouldn't have made it to 3000 with the very same setup.

15. Miku Da Yo 39

Being down alot of infamy is never a constant variable. If you continue playing for an afternoon you will get back up. It's like a wave, you just gotta keep going. Thats why I'm saying if you just let someone else with more time to grind some matches for you eventually you will go back up. It's never real going to be a permanent thing lol u got nothing to worry about.

Replace your tape with rare t3 bolt asap

16. PastelPiku

Security
    I understand what you're trying to say, but understand that infamy is easy to maintain because normally the matchups get easier as you fall, but they simply don't anymore. And building a new t3 item requires a lot of resources, which right now would take me 4 times longer than usual due to the cut in rewards. I can't stress enough that I've never fallen this low since getting to Ace league and it really is a painful struggle. It's not as easy as simply climbing back up. I've put off discussing this for a week because I also thought I would easily get back up but that doesn't seem to be the case.

17. Miku Da Yo 39

Let someone do it for you.

18. PastelPiku

Security
    That's not how I do things. If I can't do it myself even though I could before with no trouble, something is wrong.

19. Miku Da Yo 39

Whatever floats your boat, I'm just saying that if you let someone else play they can get you back up. Works for me

20. PastelPiku

Security
    That wouldn't fix the problem, though. I'm positive this is affecting other people as well, so I think it should be fixed at the source instead of simply walking around it. Having an issue be fixed by having someone else play on your account sounds like a horrible solution, even if it works in the end. Nobody should ever have to resort to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.