1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm done

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Potchi, 12 Mar 2018.

1. Potchi

Potchi Member

I'm done, why try hard anymore?
    They match you up against higher mks, and say..."the total mk of each team is equal, if the other has high mks, yours should too"
    Well how bout that...the higher mk whos supposed to fight is the one AFK! just so he can smurf on low infamies later..
    I try my best to win, but why bother?
    I have lost a lot of matches that we could have won just because the our last ship standing is afk....
    Screenshot_20180312-163026.jpg
    Screenshot_20180312-225756.jpg Screenshot_20180312-225949.jpg Screenshot_20180312-230030.jpg Screenshot_20180312-230054.jpg
    I'm done trying....

2. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Are you reporting these players for their AFK or "floating" behavior? Such action, if deliberate, is against the Fair Play policy and will earn them an account suspension.

wtfack, #CK and Blueee like this.
  3. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I went through a spate of reporting players for floating. I would watch back the video before I sent any reports as it is possible to have really bad luck and get 0 damage.
    Having done that, I’ve seen a lot less floaters recently. I don’t know if more people have also been actively reporting players, and so there are less in the Bay or what, but I’ve seen a definite decline in floaters. Hopefully the ‘floater’ rate is decreasing at all infamy levels.

4. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    I think you might be making some bad mistakes in battle. Some of these battles where actually fair. 2,3,4. Check out my post under strategies about map control. Hopefully that’ll help you improve your gameplay.

5. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I'd like to remind people to stay polite and that for the most part the "I'm Quitting" threads don't tend to last long.

OP on the other hand seems to be having an issue with floating/AFK players which is a different issue.

A55A51N likes this.
  6. Potchi

Potchi Member

i always report, i dont want other people to experience having floaters on their team, its not fun

7. Potchi

Potchi Member

As much as i dont like the idea of mk4 or mk5s being paired with mk2s, i can pretty much tolerate it, if i the weakest on my team, ill look for the weakest on the opposite team and ill do my best to help out, however, when the strongest on my is afk, whats a noob like me suppose to do in that situation, that is why i like the idea of only the same mks being paired together, so if one member is afk, its not that much of an imbalance because the rest can still manage,however in a situation where an mk5 is with an mk2, and the mk5 decides to afk, how is the mk2 suppose to fight the other team who is an mk5 and an mk2 also? The total mk of each team may be equal, but when one is afk or loses connection, the game is pretty much over

8. Potchi

Potchi Member

when ever i play a match, i always check where my team is, so i know who is afk, and who is trying but just died early, dying early i can understand, but afk, its just inconsiderate

9. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Check my infamy balancing post

10. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Honestly, it is really nice of you to actually review the video to see who is AFK rather than just auto reporting. I don’t even go that far. I can pretty quickly tell during a game if a player hasn’t left the starting position. I’ll even report players that just run head first into the enemy and suicide. That is worse than being AFK. I see way too many speeders obviously doing this on purpose.

AFK players suck. They ruin games. I suggested a long time ago that a timer be placed and any player that doesn’t have input in a time window during a match is taken over by bots. These bots would have to be smarter than the dummies we play at the beginning of the game. But at least they’d be doing something. And then that player would receive 0 rewards.

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  11. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I like the idea of bots

12. peaceful monkey

peaceful monkey Active Member

I dont report players that moved and did a bit of damage and then went afk
    Because alot of things could’ve happened like your internet saying screw you