1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas... Lots of Ideas (By The Otherguy)

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by The Otherguy, 26 Mar 2018.

?

Which ideas do you feel are viable

1. 1 (once per battle abilties)

47.1%
  2. 2 (Automatic external features)

58.8%
  3. 3 (Critical Hit Mechanics)

35.3%
  4. 4 (Critical Hit Mechanics Sniper Edition)

35.3%
  5. 5 (Repair Box Buff)

52.9%
  6. 6 (Auto Bots)

52.9%
  7. None of the above

5.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Admiral DJ

Admiral DJ Well-Known Member

I have a guy in my guild that runs triple explosive I believe and always gets the most damage in his matches. I’ve had plenty of matches without a single crit as well. I think sniper cannon is fine where it is.
    2B48E9C4-A90F-4086-B18F-0F597A7E1734.png
    This guy is in the top 15. Three blast cannons. And almost 75% of anyone in the top has either the blast cannon or explosive cannon. Only two guys in the top have sniper. The rest is mine, torpedo, flare or explosive/blast cannon. Why? Probably cause sniper isn’t what they need to be at the top.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

No, because they encounter more SPEEDERS. That is not the case in early-mid-late mid game. And sniper cannons are not OP in NML because sniper cannons cannot break tesshields, which are the current meta in NML.

So I'd say no. That is not a good example. Ace 3, Ace 2, and Master 1 are the sniper cannon redzones. Plus his equips are OPAF. Damn, he mustve grinded a lot and gotten lucky to get the lege he wanted. Props to that dude.

4. Admiral DJ

Well if sniper is so OP why aren’t speeders and enforcers using it with flare instead of blast cannon? Every weapon has its red zone. Mortar spam is early game. Blast cannon has late game. Sniper has mid game I guess. If speeders and enforcers are that powerful late game than you would WANT a weapon like the sniper if it’s that powerful against them. The only reason it seems that bad now is because your in the red zone and you are just vulnerable to sniper shots.

Last edited: 28 Mar 2018
  5. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

The reason it isn’t good in nightmare is because it ceases to be a counter to speeder, and especially enforcer since Tesla shields stop them easy. Fixer though still has a weakness.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. Admiral DJ

Good point, so it has a natural nerf then. If you want to change the sniper then that’s fine. Lower crit at closer range? Not a bad idea, but I think the farther the range the higher the crit as well. Otherwise it will be a straight nerf that could potentially run it into the ground.

7. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Up high yes.
    i think @TheAntiSnipe is saying lower levels it has more dominance due to lesser Tesla shields

8. TheAntiSnipe

I agree here. Range=moar crit chance. Nobody wants that weapon nerfed to the ground like so many others have.

9. Admiral DJ

I see, I look at it in a more broader sense tho, I kinda feel that the sniper has its own “progression line” almost like any weapon. It goes not usable to usable then not really usable again. That’s why I think it’s fine where it’s at. If it rained OP everywhere then I would say otherwise. Maybe I’m biased, I try not to be but who knows:)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

It's definately not OP in NML, but it will be if the devs overnerf tesshield... I'm worried rn. It might become Nerf Bay...

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. Admiral DJ

Well you also have to be careful with a game as unique as this. It can be very difficult to nerf some stuff because of how long it takes to gain weapons. I’m sure some people really dropped when that frost nerf hit.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

What if
    i think it is good where it’s at, but I do have an idea I think would be cool.

First the sniper perks are changed to 5 percent. Then a 25% crit increase talent is removed and replaced with a focus perk. The focus perk states that if the sniper user has a boat scoped in for 2 seconds then critical chance increases by a factor of 2.25. This lowers sniper crit damage abilities. Slightly lowers base critical chance, but gives snipers the ability to crit almost every time with steady aim.

13. TheAntiSnipe

I like it. Kinda like the Sniper in TF2, eh? I like that A LOT.

14. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

What’s TF2?

15. Admiral DJ

Mm idk, I don’t like messing with the crit much. I feel that’s the whole point of it. I would prefer a rework of the crit system. Unless im reading your suggestion wrong. But i feel like it’s going to be very difficult to get that 2 second focus I feel tho with all the ships zooming everywhere. Who knows?

16. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

It would lower efficacy against speeders in nightmare, but it would buff its abilities against defender, shooter, fixer, enforcer.

17. Admiral DJ

I could see a great case against defender.. tear thos guys up. What are main counters to speeders atm?

18. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Mine, carronade, explosive, enforcers, gearlube, blast, std cannon, sniper

19. Admiral DJ

Not bad, very narrow unfortunately.

20. TheAntiSnipe

Team Fortress 2, it was a fun game for me at least... You should look it up if you haven't played it. It's awesome.