1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Idea] Infamy-Pushing Contest

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by The Otherguy, 17 Nov 2017.

1. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

"Starting"... What is the "starting" infamy? Your highest infamy ever? Your max infamy from last season? You current infamy when the contest starts?

If highest ever, then you could probably win one of these ever. You'd start low and shoot up really quickly but then you'd never be able to achieve the same infamy gain again.
    If max infamy from last season... hello seal clubbing. Excuse me while I drop 2000 infamy to make a quick return next season for an easy win.
    Current infamy... even worse seal clubbing.

I don't see how this is able to be implemented without severe advantages to new players or without encouraging massive infamy drops pre-contest.

2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Yup
    There would be no warning. The announcement would come seconds after the contest starts.
    One time thing.

3. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

Like the idea but wont be fair for there are tons of seal clubbers that can easily push infamy

Last edited: 17 Nov 2017
    The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Yea, if it starts "randomly", people would just drop infamy forever until it started. I like the idea of some new, one-time contests, but being based on infamy is risky.

5. The Otherguy

Tech support
    The majority of the players would have no idea about the contest, and it would start at

6. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Would this not encourage to drop one season then push the next this will ba a problem

7. The Otherguy

Tech support
    No, it would be a one time thing, announced after it started.

8. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Still u said it here first. Now I am dropping lol

9. noelips

noelips Member

I like this idea. Unlike some, I don't think it should be a one time thing. I also don't think that needs to start from the player's current infamy if the contest is going to run for a full season. My suggestions are:
    • Judge the infamy difference starting from the player's highest infamy gained or current infamy if it is greater than their highest. This way players can still push up but their work won't count until they reach their highest infamy and go beyond that. So if you your highest infamy is 1300 and you push to 2000 but you started at 900 only the battles where you had 1300 infamy or higher are counted as the actually push (900 = 1100 totall difference vs 1300 = 700 counted difference). In other words even if you are chosen and decide to enter you technically can't participate until you are at your current peak infamy. With this any player that renters the contest would have to start with at least the highest infamy they gained when last in the contest because it would become their highest infamy by the end of contest ( 1300 at start of 1st time in contest, 2000 at start of the 2nd time.
    • Randomly select a number of players at a time.
    • After the contest ends all players that participated should be put on waiting list so that other players maybe given a fair chance to participate before players start reoccurring in the contest.
    • Disqualify players halfway below the seal clubbing limit from being entered into the contest. You have no chance if you're spending (most) of your time just climibing to your previous high.
    I think these modifications or additions could make this contest a event that players could look forward to joining and having a fair chance at. (And seal clubbers something to not seal clubs over, lol.)

10. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

The Otherguy likes this.