1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Idea for balancing Flare Gun

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Waveblower, 3 Aug 2018.

1. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Also my comments are as sensible as your post and comments;).

Last edited: 4 Aug 2018
    ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  2. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

I think you're a little confused. What I'm suggesting wouldn't have any effect on breaking tesla shields. I'm talking about reducing flares that are already lighting an enemy on fire. Direct flare hits to tesla shield are a whole other story.

What's Up Player likes this.
  3. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

Wow, that's the easiest question ever. Two words: defense points.

4. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Last time they implemented your idea, they f°°ked up firebomb big time. So No. I don't trust then with changing weapon mechanics.

VantaBlack and Shadow Moon! like this.
  5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

If the game broke flare gun, there would be less flare guns. Thus, a buff for tesla shields

6. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

Well who said you're only supposed to break shields with flare? Ever heard of railgun, or XCannon?

7. Joey who

So everyone should switch to railguns because poor little waveblower is being bullied by flare guns?

VantaBlack and Shadow Moon! like this.
  8. Shadow Moon!

Lol like you can hoard up 100 defense points on every ship to make it viable. You're a funny guy:D

VantaBlack likes this.
  9. Shadow Moon!

How do you use 2 slot weapons on enforcer?

VantaBlack and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  10. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

You do know I'm talking about flare being overpowered because of the cannon burn damage and heal reduction, right? Plus, all teammates benefit from flare if they're packing cannons. Then again, I guess you're one of them.

11. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

It's doable, but most of us prefer more hp. Besides, you actually brought up a good point about flare being the ONLY weapon that has no damage reduction, which is another reason flare is overpowered.

12. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

Hmm, good point - flare is too overpowered for a 1-slot item.

13. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    When a flare hits a tesla shield all the damage registers at once, leaving no time to land cannon shots on the shield.
    In Waveblower's suggestion, the flare duration is only decreased when a cannon hits someone on fire from the flare.

Reorge and Waveblower like this.
  14. Shadow Moon!

Lol come up with another good reason another day. Have a good day. Besides flare is only 1 slot weapon viable on any ship that counters Tesla Shields.

SeaNavy likes this.
  15. Joey who

I don't use flare gun lol

16. Shadow Moon!

Only who can equip 2 or more shields that too epic T4. Trade off is you are significantly lower in hp which can burst you in 2 shots or 2 sniper crits.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  17. Shadow Moon!

You'll be super annoyed with stupid team mates ruining your combo. See where it landed frost nobody uses it because too many stupid players around.

VantaBlack and SeaNavy like this.
  18. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

Do you really think I care about whether or not flare breaks the shield? All I care is about flare giving teammates 20+ seconds to deliver as many cannon hits as possible, not to mention reducing heals for that long too. I don't know why people started mentioning tesla shield when my suggestion has no impact on it.

19. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

The point is, all the non-fire weapons have some damage reduction due to defense points. But flare, not only does it not have any damage reduction, the long burn duration offers plenty of time to get hit by cannons for serious bonus damage.

20. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Everytime there is a nerf, a fraction of the population always quits. Game is dying, the solution isn’t to nerf but the better (not perfect) solution is to buff the underpowered weapons.

VantaBlack and ShipCrusherCz like this.