1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I want this to go directly to the developers.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by KINGIVANOV, 13 Oct 2018.

?

Forum Members. Do you agree?

1. Yes

92.3%
  2. No

7.7%
  1. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

I doubt he's aware of what he's saying.
    Just some Devs defenders on their duty :cool:

2. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

If you disagree with his comments, feel free to debate the points.
    But let's steer clear of any personal insults.

3. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I'm the first to be critical and always emphatically state my opinion about what needs to be changed .. but I think it through and choose my battles.

It's easy to say that something is unfair or doesn't work like it should .. People have found a way to complain about every aspect of the game. But, they don't understand why some things are as they are .. and they don't understand that the alternative would be worse for them more often than not.

As an example, attacking event MM complaints have led to wide-sweeping anti-seal clubbing "fixes" and those fixes have consequence of punishing "legit" players with irregular setups.

In my opinion, the better way to fix undesirable behavior is to fix the incentives so that it's more beneficial to play as the game was meant to be played - rather than more beneficial to find a way around the rules and penalties.

For balance changes, I suggested a reworked skill tree to put every item on the same scale - so that power increases are steady and consistent rather than random and arbitrary. This would allow for balance changes to have the same effect from early to late-game, rather than making an item OP or worthless at different levels to balance one area.

Otherwise, if someone complains about "proper" balance changes for Tesla shields but then complains about everything nerfing speeders, what do you do if you're a dev? Most likely ignore that person and their victim mentality because they'll never be happy.

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Yea, that's one of a handful of Guild issues that have been hanging around since the beginning of time
    • Guild Fleet request does disappear between battles. Some times players will press it again resulting in multiple fleet requests.
    • Completed quests still show up as a new notification in the Guild chat box, even after it has been claimed.
    • Direct Fleet requests are invisible to a player pressing the "Next Battle" button. Issue #1 doesn't leave much confidence the general fleet request is still valid, and the result is I waste a lot of time pressing "Exit to the Bay" to see if anyone has come online in the mean time. For me it defeats the purpose of the "Next Battle" button.

5. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but I didn't mean it as an insult. I said what I felt like it was, being defensive.
    Not all the people here just complain. Alot of people here invest alot of time and effort in suggesting changes and reporting issues. There are numerous posts in here that are feasible.
    Depends. If the complaint was about Single tesla shield user and not double bubble I'ld put that person on ignore

6. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Plus another thing that really still pisses me off..

They implemented "next game" button, so we don't have to go to the main screen.
    Good idea, but we asked them to notify us about fleet requests or even messages (or quests completed?) if we're using the button.

TheAntiSnipe and Reorge like this.
  7. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

I've noticed all the issues. The guild fleet button is useless now and I reported it personally to a devs(actually 2 devs)long time ago but they simply ignored my text. I don't understand why even add new things if you don't take the responsibility to fix it

8. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

The reason for this bug, is that ‘programming wise’ the bay and the battle area are two distinct areas. You’re either in the Bay or in the Battle Area. Notifications from the Bay just can’t get through to the Battle area because of this design.
    This is something that could be fixed, but would take up a lot of time to do. Devs consider that there are higher priority issues/improvements to focus on.

9. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

That's a fair reply! I realized it wouldn't be that simple to implement, but dunno about others me personally I'd love to have that feature. But if devs are working on more important stuff I don't mind :)

Last edited: 17 Oct 2018
  10. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

I have zero knowledge about managing a game but I definitely know better than leaving something broken for such a long time.

Clearly Late game player satisfaction is the biggest priority in this game, that's why all the ship/weapon balances are based on the performance in Nightmare league and hence it often screws up the low tier players. Tesla bolt got severely nerfed because based on Full training and aceI, nightmare league players the cd is pretty low for the stun duration. The guild matchmaking is bs for the low ranked/early game players. Frost items are completely dead upto AceIII and even if someone uses it, it's probably because they got unlucky with rng. They implemented Gs into event matchmaking because people(mid-late game players) wanted to try new loadouts, and this led to seal clubbing. But these things won't be fixed because the wizened players don't need to face most of these issues. That's why early game player satisfaction is an utter disappointment in this game and people wonder why the game doesn't grow and community doesn't understand.

11. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

People always think the grass is greener on the other side.
    Wait until you reach NML and realise that there is almost nothing to do.
    League offers minimal rewards unless you can reach top 3, so very little to push for.
    Once training is maxed, nothing to progress on (talents or levels) so just stale.
    Events were light at the end of the tunnel, but now thanks to people manipulating gear score there is a limit to the events with tickets etc.
    If you think 90% of the game not in nightmare is struggling and the guys up there are having all the fun, you are mistaken.