1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I want this to go directly to the developers.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by KINGIVANOV, 13 Oct 2018.

?

Forum Members. Do you agree?

1. Yes

92.3%
  2. No

7.7%
  1. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    I along with many who play Battle Bay, would very much appreciate if we could get updates more often, and more of what the community wants. I understand that with a small team, it is hard to implement every suggestion. I am willing to bet that since Battle Bay is not an extremely high revenue game, Rovio is not giving it the support it needs.

To sum it up, the battle bay developers are hardworking, but there is only so much small team can do.

Solution, to get Rovio to pay attention to Battle Bay: Make more money. Listen closely devs , you will not make more money by increasing prices, in fact, it is the very opposite, lower prices and sales and overall revenue will go up. Also, I wouldn’t mind if it would be more possible to watch ads in return for say 15 pearls a day, or something like that.

@Zeus @The Grim Repair @Miika @Dmg don @Pinecone @TheAntiSnipe

2. Rogue Blueberry

Rogue Blueberry Well-Known Member

Not everything the community wants is feasible. And they DO implement what they think the community needs. They implement new maps, new weapons (though imo we already have enough), new settings, new events, they made new matchmaking, and they gave guilds a purpose, they made comprehensive communication in battle, they made new perks, they constantly fine tune stuff, they got rid of lube and rudder, and now they are implementing a new boat. The game is vastly improved since the beta yet no-one seems to understand, they still focus on the negative. But thats understandable, as the human nature is to find the things that need improved, and not everyone has been around for the last 22 updates, which is still less than a year and a half...
    And even if they could that would end in disaster lol.
    I'm not a dev, but I'm willing to bet Rovio is paying close attention to BB, especially as this is their first PvP based game...
    But not to much or we'll see item inflation past what the Bay can handle.
    That is something I have wanted for some time now. 15 pearls isn't to much to ask...

Lol, I like that you linked AntiSnipe with all the rest of the devs.

3. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    I said more, not that they didn’t do it.

And I’m well aware @TheAntiSnipe isnt a dev, but I like his opinions.

4. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    More than CaffinatedChris and You Joking?

KINGIVANOV likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Lol it ain't a competition

6. TheAntiSnipe

Btw I'm all for faster progression. The game's progression system should increase as you get up to the top leagues, then taper off at the very endgame levels.

I have previously suggested increasing the rewards for the star boxes as you go up, so that infamy tankers earn less by tanking leagues.

7. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

I agree not everything the community asks is feasible. You stated almost every positive things they implemented in the game and most of those things are a necessity that must be added from time to time in order to keep the game alive and to make sure the old players don't get bored too soon.
    But
    • Have they ever done something good for speeders other than making continuous direct/indirect nerfs to them in like every update ?
    • Did they fix the guild fleet button ?(well tbh i tried reporting it to two of the devs personally but they didn't respond at all, ok a minor issue but featuring something new and leaving it broken is something I'm not a fan of)
    • Did they take any proper action for the double bubble thingy ?
    • Did they improve the stupid guild rivalry matchmaking ?
    • Did they try Anything to improve the Dead Frost items ?
    • Did they fix the fire bomb AOE ?
    • Did they Add Item Achievements for Yellow and Blue items(Sounds pretty biased doesn't it) ?
    • Is it fine to make changes in the game without notifying the players ? Cuz they have done it several times.
    • Have they tried discouraging seal clubbing in events by any means ? Btw it's Funny how the game doesn't lets you fleet with someone more than 800 infamy difference yet the matchmaking ends up putting a 1k infamy player against a 4k one. And it is one of the current major issues, if the game introduces the first impression for the newcomers as a disappointment then you can't expect the game to grow and people to go with the flow. Wizened players successfully getting to play(in events) with/against newbies by dropping GS without facing any consequences is enough of an indication to prove there's something not right.
    These things do disheartens a large audience. Now I'm Sorry for sounding like the annoying, salty, negative guy here but just trying to mean that there are some reasons why such posts show up so often.

Last edited: 13 Oct 2018
    This Is Me and KINGIVANOV like this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

You wanna be negative, we have no problem.

But please. Do it in well-demarcated paragraphs. The way you just wrote that is really tough to fast-read through. No offence.

9. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Sorry about that, had to write it fast. I edited it now

10. Rogue Blueberry

The real question is, do they need to?
    Whats wrong with it?
    Not yet
    Yes
    Not yet
    What's wrong with it?
    Not yet
    Yes it is. If it is a small change.
    Not yet
    This is in events, and this was requested by the player base.
    Ranking by gearscore, not infamy, remember?
    (Which it isn't)

Btw I understand that there is always something that can be improved, and that there are issues that need addressed; and I understand why you complain, and I'm not trying to argue with you.
    (However much it may seem so lol)

11. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Ok Nvm

Rogue Blueberry and KINGIVANOV like this.
  12. Rogue Blueberry

Lol, sry. ;)

Reorge and KINGIVANOV like this.
  13. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Have they ever done something good for speeders other than making continuous direct/indirect nerfs to them in like every update ?
    • Little bit of an exaggeration. Any change in the game can be interpreted as an indirect nerf to the speeder.
    Did they fix the guild fleet button?
    • Didn't know there was an issue.
    Did they take any proper action for the double bubble thingy ?
    • They nerfed bubbles by 5% .. you may think it's OP (and I may agree) but they see it differently. Besides, this game has never been big on balancing .. which could be viewed as a good thing if you're limited in the number of epic items you can build (by powercells).
    Did they improve the stupid guild rivalry matchmaking ?
    • Nope. Not a huge priority. And, if they fixed it, most guilds would probably be getting fewer tokens - with the largest rewards going to the 100+ quest guilds.

Did they try Anything to improve the Dead Frost items ?
    • They're not dead. I see them in NML quite often. They're probably more effective as a support item used to slow and annoy the enemy than as a mortar or torp combo .. but things are as they are. They don't change.

Did they fix the fire bomb AOE ?
    • It's hard to tell what duration you should get without knowing their crew talents .. but I doubt many people stick around in the blast circles until the very last second anyways, so they could fix the visual but it's not changing the damage you're taking.

Did they Add Item Achievements for Yellow and Blue items(Sounds pretty biased doesn't it) ?
    • How? Take x amount of damage? People would suicide. Win x amount of games with this item? Maybe. Sounds ungrateful to me.
    Is it fine to make changes in the game without notifying the players ? Cuz they have done it several times.
    • More communication would be nice.
    Have they tried discouraging seal clubbing in events by any means ? Btw it's Funny how the game doesn't lets you fleet with someone more than 800 infamy difference yet the matchmaking ends up putting a 1k infamy player against a 4k one. And it is one of the current major issues, if the game introduces the first impression for the newcomers as a disappointment then you can't expect the game to grow and people to go with the flow. Wizened players successfully getting to play(in events) with/against newbies by dropping GS without facing any consequences is enough of an indication to prove there's something not right.
    • Yes, they have discouraged it. They make more changes each week. They don't use infamy in events for a reason - a damn good reason. Wizened players understand this.

14. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

• when you click the button and go to battle, after coming back to lobby the button stops working, I even doubt guildmates can see the fleet notification in guild chat after they come to lobby from a battle.
    • That's why I said "proper" action. Almost All the complaints of tesla shield were for double bubble users, not the single bubble ones. I personally don't have a huge concern for it, but 5% nerf to TS hp kinda effected more to the single TS users
    • I just want a fairly balanced matchmaking not in which some #100 ranked guild going against #2000 ranked ones just because the #100 ranked guild decided to be lazy and the #2000 ranked one decided to be hardworking. It's ok i don't wanna start on it, it's a pretty broad topic. Btw I still didn't get how you mean the largest rewards going to the 100+ quest guilds.

• ok

• Amount of games played/won - Shields and Turbo
    • Amount of healing done - Bandage
    • Amount of games played/won OR Number of times been used - Over boost, Nitro, Frost items and Tesla shield
    • Amount of games played/won OR Amount of time it stunned OR Number of time been used - Tesla bolt
    There are no valid reasons to not add them Yet. Biased and disheartening
    Not each week though, and half of them hardly works. "Wizened players understand this" Lol, Guess players like @Ysl ain't wizened then. But I don't blame the players when the devs are themselves fine with it.
    No exaggeration, almost every update indirectly screws up the speeder boat(esp the low tier ones) even more, almost every update.
    Few days ago you said it yourself "frost items are so dead". That must have been a joke then, it's ok. If frost item's purpose is to be more effective as a support item then frost torp/mortar dmg perks shouldn't even have been added in the first place, which would make it an useless item and it is one now. But speeders in nightmare are doing pretty good and Frost items are used in nightmare league and late game player satisfaction has been all that matters, always so it's understandable.

15. TheAntiSnipe

The reason was that people wanted to play boats and setups they don't normally play, without the risk of losing infamy.

Reorge likes this.
  16. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you mean but dropping YSL's name.

But, event rewards were much, much better than league rewards. I do not want infamy based matching in events because it would become a disadvantage to stay in NML .. in other words, people would drop infamy (or never climb) to get easier event matches and rewards.

The leaderboard players are no longer using mk2-4s in events .. because the devs closed that loophole. They've closed loopholes for people using T1 legendaries or rare items with T4+ epics .. and people complain when they get hit with the same anti-seal club measures.

If event rewards were based on infamy league (meaning you get more rewards per match for being in a higher league), then I'd be fine with using infamy in event MM - because it wouldn't screw up the ladder.

As far as guild rivalries go, it's a similar concept. There's an issue with rewards. Guilds can complete 5 quests, win first prize, and get the same reward as a guild that does 200 quests.

Otherwise, the top ranked guilds aren't lazy .. They just don't care about event tokens. Once you get all the perks you want, there's no point in putting effort into grinding guild quests. The rewards are pointless for the amount of effort they take.

If they put leagues into guild rivalries (where the more you do, the higher your league gets), and made the raffle prizes better .. to fix guild rivalries .. those 2000 ranked guilds would not be getting the same rewards as the top performing guilds.

Giving a player 4 or 5 times the speed (with nitro/ob) of other players doesn't mean it took any skill whatsoever to get behind an enemy .. so allowing players to defend themselves with a turret that can turn around or by preventing them from being stunned for half a match isn't a bad thing.

For frost items, because they're less popular you think there's no point in having them ...? So all mortars should go then too.

If they made weekly balance changes, f2p players would be screwed. You know what's strong is going to stay strong - so that item you spend a year collecting and building will still be good by the time you max it out.

Last edited: 14 Oct 2018
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. Medullaoblongata

Medullaoblongata Active Member

https://replay.battlebay.net/MKJCMNXT#KGBYJBCG
    Spectate enforcer--Rudi

ShipCrusherCz and Reorge like this.
  18. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

All good, I stated the issues, you stated your opinions on them. If they can't fix it fine. I can continue but since you have your different opinions and i have mine so I won't argue anymore as it's totally pointless and just waste of time.

19. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  20. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

she was dropping gear score, she did it that well that she played against mk5 players with her mk7 enfo

how they closed that loophole? I met few 4k+ infamy players in last event, they were using mk4 ships with t1 legendaries, t2 and t3 epics and t5 rares

nope, they recieve same rewards for being first in their rivalry but bue guild with 200 quests will recieve much more tokens for finished quests and boards, so the rewards are different
    maybe also adjust stars per battle because it's not fair that 200 infamy player can recieve 0-3 stars and 5k infamy player can only recieve 0-3 stars, not more than 3 stars, that's what you want?:rolleyes:

again, they're not getting same rewards

giving every player ability to turn his ship around in few seconds and almost instantly turn his turret doesn't mean that it takes any skill now to hit speeder (I know that you still need to lead your shot, but your statement is not true, it required skill to flank enemies)

I get it, in your opinion, it's much better to make huge, sudden balance changes instead of more, smaller changes
    because these huge changes definitely don't screw screw f2p players
    if op items are meant to stay op, then why did they nerf frost, tesla bolt, speeder and tesla shield?

Last edited: 14 Oct 2018
    What's Up Player and Reorge like this.