1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I can't take IT Any MORE :(

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by The Friendly Fixer, 27 Jul 2018.

?

Do you Agree that Seal Club should be Banned for ever?

1. I Agree.

21 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. I Disagree

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Nope.

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

Not even going to say anything just Nope! :mad: https://replay.battlebay.net/PZPFWNPC#KTXSQDJK wtf Full legendary set up -_- Ban those Seal Clubbing ********
    It's gone for months and months I know you trying but it's too long Guys Some may Disagree but most and Agree with me but if you Disagree and think this is fine dude just wow I put in a poll guys MVPs and Developers look I'm sorry but These guys are JUST RUINING THE FUN JUST CAN'T TAKE IT I FEEL BAD FOR THESE POOR NEWBIES :( *Cries*

that's it :(

2. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

+1 lets stop these killjoy c*nts

3. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

OMG! That was just horrible. :( Sad u guys r facing those idiots :mad:

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  4. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I recognized this player's name the second that I saw the load-in screen. And I'm in NML... This is just wrong and needs to be punished.

5. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Banning is not the answer. Fixing the problem so that it does not occur is. Don't hate the players, hate the game.

6. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

What's the issue? Mk2s earn the same coins as mk6s .. So why not gear up your mk2 for easier coins?

Side note - You're using tier 2 epics with tier 1 rares on a mk2 and doing double the damage of everyone else in the match (other than the guy you're complaining about) even after you took more than a minute off to float -- so I could easily see them calling you a "seal clubber" btw.

wreck your day likes this.
  7. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

thousands of players will get ban, i mean like 90%high infamy who got low mk ship will do that. who dont want faster coins? it is developers mistake that mess up the system and unable to fix it for months, they keep making bad decisions through out the release of the game. sorry to point that out, but saying the true should hurt u guys. people can't learn and progress if refuse to face the truth.

8. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

nope, some players had lower level than him, however, other players had higher lvl, he just has better items, so he's not seal clubbing
    seal clubbing:
    • in events-intentionally equiping op items (usually items, that you normally use, for example items that you use for mk6 ship) on under leveled ship with intention of exploiting the system, because they want want to get more reawrds easier
    • in normal mode-intenionally dropping infamy (is now limited by "infamy tanking zone") or intentionally staying at low infamy, but leveling up items to gain unfair advantage over lower infamy players
    was he seal clubbing? nope:)

9. xArrogance

Removing the one guy he made a thread about using TIER 1 legendary equipment, one other guy had a tier 2 epic.. the other 7 were using lower equipment - even common and uncommon items.

"op" items? Those items are now properly weighted with the correct gear score - so why shouldn't you use them?

"Intention of exploiting the system" .. It looks like the system is working as intended to me. If you mean that he should be forced to fight tougher competition for less coins simply because he has higher tier ships .. why? Where is it listed in the rules that you must make life more difficult for yourself? The same rewards are available for mk2 as are for mk6. Moreover, what is wrong with him "experimenting?" I don't see any exploitation.

And, since you're clearly not aware, T1 legendaries are not preferred for successful mk6s since most mid-range epics have a higher output.

And under your definition, someone that intentionally doesn't level their captain but buys enough epic containers to equip a mk2 full of max epics would not be a seal clubber.

So, using "op items" isn't sufficient .. but somehow having access to higher tier ships is ... interesting.

10. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Everyone best be careful what you think is unfair vs being outplayed. Here is my take. They are using Mk2 (same as everyone) and T1 rares and epics (same as everyone else). Likely they have Lv10 epics (assumed) and definitely higher captain levels (advantage them). They certainly have more game experience (i call a draw, playing a lot does not automatically mean you are good). They fleeted so likely strategized which is not illegal. Their team also scored 3x and yours none. Turning the mirror on yourself, you are running a lower ship AND did almost 9k of damage. Why are you not Mk2? You are not exploiting gear score are you? Were your two epics L10? Seems to me you should blame your team, not your opponents on this one.

Any advantage they had should be balanced with gear score. If they were using epic perks or have higher captain level it should be reflected in the gear score. Granted gear score matches still are + or - a few 1000 still haha. Fix matchmaking, and these threads will go away.

11. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

Hey man, that's me. :oops:
    We're trying to complete the fixer quest keeping us on board 5 vs the dream team, as our regular fixers are on vacation. :/
    Devs previously okayed "dressing down" for events. (And compared it to slashing your own tires, or something).

I'm sorry you experienced the battle as unfair because of us.
    I'm not sure if you noticed, but your team actually played with a huge disadvantage - one of your speeders (the one with the t2e blast) floated in spawn for more than half of the battle.

It was all level 1 epics.
    Most of the battles we tried to give away captures to team mates that played defence if we got the chance. In this match I dropped the flag on Dylan so that he could get the capture.
    IMG_8404.jpg

Last edited: 27 Jul 2018
  12. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I think that in this event seal clubbing mostly fixed.
    For example, in my mk 5 speeder I’ve faced a lot of mk3-4s that had a few op items, but the items weren’t as big of a difference as before in terms of effectiveness.

13. Kaletheshavage

Kaletheshavage Member

I agree with your points but grammar is necessary. Like not perfect grammar, but i would appreciate maybe a few periods in your 3 line rant.

benguin8 likes this.
  14. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

Found a seal clubber.

15. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

Just to be clear, its not the t1 leggy that is the main problem but the talent trained to boost these t1 leggy, which is why dev's recent gear score changes did nothing to stop seal clubbing in event

Now I'm not gonna ask for a perma ban, but the matching need sorting out..crew training need to be taken into account (and we were told that it is but the evidences said otherwise)

If the developer cannot find a way to properly fix this, its time to change the TnC, publish a formal warning for gear score manipulation, post in the in game news section and start a partial ban against people who continue to seal club after the warning being given..

By partial ban I mean banning them not from the game but only events..this can be for a period of time or forever..such punishment is normal in many other mobile games to ensure fairplay..

Ultimately its the developer that we need to question because they allowed this to happen, they provide a loophole to be exploited (I assume unintentionally)

And also to be clear again, its the crew training that makes it unfair..thats why simply having a better gear does not mean you are a seal clubber..a level 28 with t1 legendary exp cannon need about 5-6 shot to kill a regular mk4 shooter, which is only 1-2 shot less than a level 28 with t3 rare exp cannon..a level 35+ or 40+ need 2-3 shots :) they can kill me twice before I take them out :) :) in fact, they don't even need t1 leggy when their Bhurt provides 50% damage boost..just a t4 rare would do lol

16. yomumma

yomumma New Member

It's not you I blame, Captain, it's the matching system. I have no problem at all with the way you played, it was awesome to see how well organised you were. The fact that you both clearly have a ton more experience than any of the other players, including myself (though I'm no noob, despite my guild name), and with much more captain training was frustrating.

I expect tough matches, and I think it is better balanced, but 2 nightmare leaguers against my pack of victims was frustrating.

Thanks for being cool. Sorry for highjacking the thread.

Cpt Obvious likes this.
  17. yomumma

yomumma New Member

I agree with everything you said

benguin8 likes this.
  18. xArrogance

Just saying ... if I was a dev hearing all these f2p players endlessly complain about something that I worked so hard on for them, I would probably just restrict events to mk6 and mk7 ships. Problem solved. No mas "seal clubbing" .. :)

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  19. The Friendly Fixer

Wow you are Agreeing with me 0_0

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  20. The Friendly Fixer

1. Wtf? How am I'm a Seal clubber Bruh I get matched with lower players idw but I'm not trying to Seal Club at all :(