1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I am Stuck with shooter in lower leauge

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Golden Shooter, 6 Jan 2018.

?

Is shooter best ship for higher leagues?

1. Yes

12.5%
  2. No

25.0%
  3. Depends in a lot of things

62.5%
  1. Golden Shooter

Golden Shooter Member

I have been playing battle bay since one year long but I am still stuck at master league-iii.Currently I am using mk5 shooter. Although I play good enough, deal high damage mostly then my teammates, sink more ships and try hard I still find myself in lower leauge Its really devastating for my confidence and will to play as shooter. So any tips or suggestion from pro shooters for me or should try another ship to reach higher leagues or should I change my weapons for shooter? My weapons and blue slot items details are on the photo below.

Attached Files:

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

You have a mk5 shooter. So many heavy guns just sitting in your inventory.
    1. Level a railgun. Your loadout looks like it's a sniper loadout. Remove the cannon, use a railgun, youll send enemies flying.
    2. USE BIG SHIELD. This matters. More HP=more infamy. I run a speeder, I HAVE MORE HP THAN YOU.
    3. Brush up on tactics. Look at Bittersteel on YouTube. Watch and learn, mate. Shooters aren't supposed to miss. If youre a shooter who misses more than 30% of his shots, you're doing it wrong.

3. TheAntiSnipe

PS. Leave that, you haveva rare t3 big shield just sitting in your inventory! Dude, equip that!

Lightning sword and The Otherguy like this.
  4. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

Yup, you are absolutely right. Using Bandage on mk5 shooter is pretty stupid. Wait till mk6
    But switching between railgun and std cannon is totally wrong.
    1. You need to be really accurate and patient while using railgun.
    2. Hitting chances of railgun are lesser than cannon.
    3. Use Railgun instead of firebomb bcoz using big shield with firebomb will clash in crew training.
    Hope it helps. :)

5. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

Agree with equipping big shield..and practice with new weapons in custom before using in battle, so it doesn’t adversely affect your infamy, especially leading shots etc.
    Good luck!:)

The Otherguy and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

Agreed on the accuracy point of view, but he's still wasting a slot there if I'm not wrong. FB is good support, railgun could be devastating if he learned, I mean, LOOK at his inventory, he's got enough for a rare t4!

craz¥burd and The Otherguy like this.
  7. H.A.D.E.S

True....but he has to use either Fire bomb or Big Shield.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

Yeah, true. I'd recommend BShield.

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. Golden Shooter

Golden Shooter Member

I dont know if you played as a shooter or not when you had mk5 shooter but I think bandage is good for mk5 shooters since shooter is supporting type of ship which stays back and deal damage from long distance. If I get several hits i will just stay back and heal through bandage cause my other teammates will be always there upfront if they are defender, speeder or enforcer. It's not like I haven't use big shield ever since I already have t3 big shield. It may look obvious and simple that bandage over big shield is stupid choice but I have done many calculations between bandage and big shield and I found bandage more useful cause that big shield's extra 1000 points isn't so worthy when you don't have fixer on your team (1000 extra hit ponts can be lossed in no time since shooter have low speed and gets easily preyed by mortar and powerful cannons in fact one big torpedo is enough to kill our 1000 extra hit points ) and shooter ships doesn't need to rush into enemy. To win more infamy i have to engage on many battles and I always not get fixer on my team so bandage removes my certain dependency on fixer.

Lightning sword and H.A.D.E.S like this.
  10. Golden Shooter

Golden Shooter Member

I think the same about railgun since rail gun takes 22 second to reload and only have few chance to hit. Many underestimate the power of cannon but my t4 rare cannon does 356 damage in one hit means 1424 damage in 20 seconds if hit my opponent accurately. 1424 is almost total damage of rare rail gun. Cannons are good weapons for finishing enemy quickly and easily having low hit points which are just floating in venerable conditions and dealing damages to my teammates because we don't feel worthy to use rail gun for finishing enemy having low hit points and in end we will get extra damage latter. As for fire bomb I am just testing it right now I think it will be useful in higher leagues.

11. H.A.D.E.S

Yup... people really underestimate the power of std cannon. :(

12. Golden Shooter

Golden Shooter Member

Cannon is weapon which does damage over time but you have to be patient enough. Many people just see the mass damage done by rail gun at a time and get impressed but they should also know that it doesn't always does its full damage and only comes handy in certain good times. Certain amount of cannon damages are guaranteed and can be estimated before the game itself but same can't be said for rail guns. But rail guns aren't that bad if you know how to use it properly.

13. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Remove the standard cannon. Its not good on a shooter, because of Global Cooldown (the cooldown between activating items). You have 5 weapons. It would take you 8 seconds to fire them all without aiming.
    Swap it with your blast cannon (once you at least t3 it) for a few battles and see how it works.

craz¥burd likes this.
  14. Golden Shooter

Golden Shooter Member

No I dont miss my shot much, I think my shooting part is fine and I am planning to use rocket launcher and blast cannon very soon after I upgrade them to at least tier 3. I think they are very popular and useful for shooter in higher leagues.

Lightning sword and The Otherguy like this.
  15. Golden Shooter

Golden Shooter Member

Yeah I am planning to swap standard cannon with blast cannon soon.

Lightning sword likes this.
  16. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I guess you don’t need any advice then? Sounds like you’ve got it all figured out...

17. TheAntiSnipe

I don't play shooter, but I know my prey. This dude will get ripped into shreds in... 40 seconds in a 1v1 with the average mk5 speeder at Ace. 40 seconds. The big shield gives him 10 more seconds, that's five weapon rotations.

I'll see myself out.

18. Golden Shooter

Golden Shooter Member

Lol i have to reply something as per my experience in the game. It's just my personal opinion.

19. TheAntiSnipe

See. If you want advice from a pro:

I hunt down mk6 shooters. Mk5s don't stand a chance in a 1v1 against my speeder. They stand even less of a chance against me if they wear bandage. Why?

Look. Say you have 100 selfheal. 3.2k health. I fire flare, let off two blasts. My flare limits healing by 30%. Means youre going to heal 70 per five seconds. In 15.5 seconds, you will have lost upwards of 2.6k health. Gain? 280. Net loss? 2.4k. One burst later. RIP.

That's a fight with your average Ace 3.

The Otherguy likes this.
  20. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Moved thread to Strategy & Class Discussion. :)