1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I am apparently a seal clubber?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DarkOwl360, 30 Jun 2017.

1. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Not having rewards will stop 90% of the clubbers, the other 10% will still need to be reported, sadly.

2. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

How about a total of 700?

3. monobrow

Ive heard someone say its 500 or 30%, whichever is lower.. which i think means is 900 for a 3k player.
    500 for a 1.5k player.

4. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

I don’t get why players skills are completely ignored if matching with same level ships.. wouldn’t equal mk matchmaking encourage players to sharpen their skills and play better? As of the current matchmaking system good players (high infamy) are regularly matched with better ships.

For example, Team A with 2 mk3, 2 mk2 and 1 mk1 (all infamy around 500) is matched with Team B with 1 mk4, 3 mk3 and 1 mk2 (all infamy around 500 as well). How much skills would it take for Team A to get the better of Team B? The extra HP and weapon slots in Team B make this battle a one-sided contest. And one of the mk2 in Team A could be the most skillful player but he is penalized for playing well and gets matched in such battles.

5. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

Squads should be based upon weapons and defend levels and not infamy. Good players that move up because of infamy play against tougher opponents with higher weapons and larger hit points and they get anhilated. For example I have an mk4 shooter with rare weapons but I am up against mk5s and mk6s with epic and legendary weapons. Many matches are unfair as I can be easily taken out, plus it is a disadvantage to my squad. Some opponents have 10+K hit points more than I and I have two rare t2 snipers against them!!!!. Then there are the loosing streaks in excess of 10 games in a row. Losing is one thing but to get blown out 10 games in a row!!!!!!!! ...and my squad in total destroyed 3 ships in 10 games!!!! WTF !!!!! On top of all that, good players are placed with squads full of idiots !!!!!! Because of these issues, and unevenly matched teams, I will be one of those who will be AFK from now on plus I current am sinking my infamy and will continue to do so with the status quo. I will not waste my time and energy on these unfair matches.

Attached Files:

6. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

Oh...I almost forgot my favourite one........ We can't fleet with a friend if our infamy difference is greater than 800, but you can placed in matches where several players on the opposing team have infamy 1000+ more than I. Boy do I love those matches where I can get my ass royally kicked!!!!!

7. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

I reeeeeeeaaaaaaally need to know

What's wrong with good players winning and poor players losing?

I always thought that's how it's SUPPOSED to be you know....

behumble likes this.
  8. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

Guys... Sure he may have made a mistake, but if he's trying to rectify his mistake, we should help him. Although I don't l know how I would go around trying to fix this. Maybe just start over and fresh and be able to experience the game differently? We don't have to go to insults and anger over this :/

9. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

Yes I agree.....Good Players should win and Dumbasses Exterminated!!!!

10. disorder

disorder Active Member

that's the problem of infamy...
    i want to test my mk3 speeder (got mk5 enforcer)
    2 solution : lost infamy for playing against "similar" power (but risk of ban)... or play with my mk3 and not caring about teamlost...

11. monobrow

Or use the gold you earn to level it up first.
    If you are farming in mk5 zone, it wont take long at all.

disorder likes this.
  12. disorder

disorder Active Member

yes, i'm not without honor :) will wait until mK4 it's not very difficult :)

13. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

The biggest problem with matching ships based on MK level is that you're not considering the gear on the ships. There's a huge difference between a beginner's mk1 shooter with two 50 damage cannons and a level 40 speeder player's mk1 shooter with 2 500 damage blast cannons. Current system might not be perfect but it's far better than anything anyone would propose here.