1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I actually got oneshot by a sniper cannon.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by achillesRising, 29 Mar 2018.

1. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    What am I even doing in this thread lol I've seen enough nerf sniper threads already.

*JAWS* and Babablacksheep like this.
  2. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I play around 3300-3500. Here sniper crits for 1.8k-2k thats half of my hp a shooter took it with zero efforts. I don't want anything to be as easy as that, everything should be hard work and earned with hard work.

PastelPiku likes this.
  3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

@Zues saying it’s a strong item for sure (according to data), basically confirms to me that it is, in fact, OP when you look at what’s actually involved.

It’s a weapon that requires minimum risk, minimum aiming, minimum positioning, gets to shoot first, has high accuracy, good cooldown, and takes up the minimum amount of slots.

For that weapon to also be ‘a strong item for sure’ according to the damage data is complete BS. Something like Carronade where you have to get right up close, and be shot by all 5 unfriends, that deserves to be ‘a strong item for sure’. Friggin Sniper, where you’re sat way back in your armchair, turning ships off like it’s a TV remote, that ought to be the lowest tier crap in the whole game — just to balance out how easy it is. Not one of the easiest and also best —- that’s OP.

As for the Speeder thing, that’s nonsense. I get killed by all sorts of stuff, Flare, Blast, EC, Mines, splash from Big Torps, Railguns. None of them ever bother me.

The only one that annoys me is Sniper. Not because it kills me the most (it doesn’t), not because it does the biggest damage (it doesn’t), what annoys me is how awesomely good it is, compared to how pathetically easy it is. Snipers can just shoot from the hip, way out of my range, and do huge damage, and they can rattle off shots all game. While I have to get right in people’s faces, getting shot up by the entire unfriend team, just to get one shot with a slow projectile (that will likely miss).

Perhaps the damage is in-line with other weapons, but the risk/skill versus reward is still way way out.

Last edited: 31 Mar 2018
    Hokuse, Shadow Moon! and PastelPiku like this.
  4. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

I’ve never felt sniper being that super massively OP ever since I started playing the game. I started using an uncommon sniper since the day I downloaded the game and played the next 9-10k games using a rare one, sniper had always been in my setup from using mk1 shooter to using mk5 enforcer, and not even one day have I felt it’s OP lol. After switching to main a speeder using flare+EC, i still don’t think sniper is OP even I get hit by it on a daily basis. It’s so widely used because of its usefulness (as railgun is the only other long ranged point damage weapon in the game).

Last edited: 31 Mar 2018
  5. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Funny thing here, all of you are comparing its damage with big torpedo, railgun, or explosive.. ALL OF THAT WEAPONS ARE 2 SLOT POINTS and you know.. REQUIRE ACTUAL SKILL..

Yes, he could have gotten one shoted by big torpedo, but but it's two slot point weapon, and he'd need to be stupid enough to not to dodge it (it's dodgable almost always)..

But sniper is 1 slot point weapon, enemy can camp behind freaking rock in distance where you don't even see him like a coward, and do THE SAME. And you can't dodge it.

So if you're saying it's good damage and crit-wise as it is, make it a 2 slot point weapon. Because now it's not balance at all.

PastelPiku and Hokuse like this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Does EVERYONE TL;DR my post???
    Dude, he got hit by a SPEEDER who WAS in a position to get shot at, but his team never saw it coming. Hell, I wouldn't go for an assassination like that.

7. What's Up Player

Yes that's true..

But when we are comparing 2-slotpoint weapons with 1-slotpoint one, it's wrong.

8. TheAntiSnipe

What IS wrong is that the OP was in a mk2 at 1000+ infamy. What did you expect would happen? Give me a t4 rare blast, I can easily onehit him as well, or close enough as makes no difference. T4 rare snipe. Sheesh. Those things are mean enough to make an Ace 2 speeder see stars.

Though I do think sniper cannon is ridiculous, I don't see why you guys are clearly overplaying a topic that has no bearing here whatsoever!

Plain ole Murphy's Law applied here, "Anything bad that can happen, will happen".

*JAWS* and PastelPiku like this.
  9. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

I really can't get why you people don't understand that sniper is OP.
    That is absolutely right. Sniper is a long range weapon like rail gun. Sniper is unreliable than rail gun because it is cheap 1 slot point item. An alternative long range point weapon. However rail gun has a weakness if you are too close it won't make massive damage as long distances. A strong long range weapon requires this. Sniper is a strong item too and literally doesn't have any weakness but an about %55 chance to deal low damage. I have never been that mad when i took high damage from a sniper in a long distances because that is exactly its job but such a powerful weapon in long ranges shouldn't same job for close ranges. This definitely don't fair. I don't saying sniper should become a standart cannon in closer ranges but it shouldn't be that effective in out of its purpose. Maybe damage or maybe crit chance it doesn't matter but sniper should have lose strength in closer ranges like rail gun. It shouldn't be that deadlier in even point blank.

PastelPiku and What's Up Player like this.
  10. What's Up Player

This!

PastelPiku and Hokuse like this.
  11. achillesRising

achillesRising Member

Sure, a t4 rare blast or exp cannon could have probably oneshot me as well, as could a torp, berta, etc. The problem is that all those things are avoidable and require a hint of skill to use effectively and score a hit. Not so with sniper.

What's Up Player likes this.
  12. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I don't get it because the raw data simply doesn't support it.

One of the things I love about Battle Bay is the relationship with the devs. So far, at least, they tend to give factually correct, unspun answers. So if Zeus say they've looked at the sniper data and they are happy then I'm pretty good with that. If you're going to disagree I'd like to know what your basis is.

I went and looked at my weapon achievements. I have sniper, ex-cannon, and std cannon on my shooter and they only get played there. The sniper is, at this point, under-trained since I retrained for blasts.

Standard Cannon: 226,208
    Exploding Cannon: 102,554
    Sniper Cannon: 148,498

All of those numbers make total sense given the training and perks that were on them. In fact, the sniper has much better perks than the other two and is hardly shining in comparison.

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  13. Lil_Torta

Lil_Torta Active Member

This is basically another clone of RailGun. Sniper at least is unique in the way that it’s a gamble of possibly dealing double damage but with the benefit of long range. Currently the Sniper is balanced and it isn’t OP at all. I rarely see players run all snipers on their boats and when I do they are never the top of the leader boards as a result. So why does it need those changes at all?

14. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

I think that everyone just pays so much attention to when they get crit, and forget that most of the time it does the lowest dmg

Edit: would like to add that cannon would be even less useful as I think my setup, cannon sniper sniper is the best cannon setup, and subsequently any setup where I simply replace one of my snipers is the next best use for the cannon.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. achillesRising

achillesRising Member

it's hard to ignore a crit when it kills you instantly dude. you tend to pay attention to that.

16. TheAntiSnipe

I really appreciate the bravery of the speeder who hit you. He took a risk there, moving in for a kill like that.

achillesRising likes this.
  17. Snapshot

OK, here's the thing about sniper. It is very commonly used. I looked at my weapon achievements with it and it isn't OP compared to std cannon or ex cannon... at least not in my hands. So come on folks. If you've used a reasonably stable loadout since the last update and you use a sniper then lets see your weapon achievements. If it is so vastly OP, it'll show up there.

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  18. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    What level are you? It's "op" only in mid levels.

19. achillesRising

achillesRising Member

/s, right?

20. Snapshot

I'm level 33, gearscore 5200, infamy ~2000