1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I’ve got reported but I don’t know why, Explaination please..

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by HectorBarbossa, 18 Apr 2018.

1. HectorBarbossa

HectorBarbossa Member

Engineering Data Analyst
    Hi Devs,
    I think I have got reported, but I don’t know the reason. I never floating, always shooting the unfriend if I can, and always tried to prevent the shoot from others. Can one of dev tell me what was the reason why I got reported?

NB:
    I’m in losing streaks from 24xx to 21xx, but I keep play and shoot as the other players.

Attached Files:

2. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Wait, what? You're on a losing streak and conclude that the devs are... punishing you for being reported by influencing your teammates' behaviour in matches?

If I understand your story correctly, then wow... flawed logic is an understatement

3. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

How do you know you were reported? You've not given a bit of evidence.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  4. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Aren’t you always getting reported? :/

(This sounds very familiar)

5. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

6. HectorBarbossa

HectorBarbossa Member

Engineering Data Analyst
    lol.. no, I don’t know. This is my 2nd time. Is there any notification when we got reported?

7. HectorBarbossa

HectorBarbossa Member

Engineering Data Analyst
  8. HectorBarbossa

HectorBarbossa Member

Engineering Data Analyst
    I don’t know, I have been like this several months ago when I tried to lose, I thought I got reported at that time. But this time I have no intention to lose. No blame to devs, just want to know why I was not no 1 and my bonus was not bigger as before while the damage I made was the highest in that battle.

Last edited: 18 Apr 2018
  9. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Hey there!

I totally get the main concern when you are on a losing streak that that feeling generally sucks. Everyone's been there at some point. :)

Now to set some facts straight:

- You have not been reported or punished due to reports
    - there is no correlation of reports - actions - and being on a losing streak, meaning the game does not punish you based on reports
    - you have also not been caught in the "Infamy tanking" mechanism - so no punishment there either

Personally i wish you good luck - but I am also sure the lovely peeps here can give you some advise how to climb up infamy again!

Sidenote: also moved this thread to the correct forum ;)

10. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Your intention isn't what triggers the system obviously. It's the hard fact that you have lost too much infamy. Nobody has reported you, this happens automatically.

That simply means you are facing infamy tanking countermeasures but that doesn't mean you have been found guilty of any foul actions. It's just a preventative countermeasure.

Edit: The Grim Repair also stated that you have not been caught by that tanking mechanism. If so, then I don't know what was the problem here apart from your losing streak.

Cryix likes this.
  11. HectorBarbossa

HectorBarbossa Member

Engineering Data Analyst
    OK, thank you. You said you have checked, if it wasn’t because of mass reported, or not caught by infamy tanking mechanism, what was the cause?

Infamy was a matter to me, but it doesn’t matter anymore now. Just feeling suck because I am in collecting the gold to upgrade my weapon. That’s bring me here and create this thread. :D

12. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Since Grim said that you are not in the "Infamy tanking" mechanism, I honestly have no clue how you only got 1 star. 1 star is guaranteed for a win. Then you can easily get a second star by doing damage, and you had the most damage in the game. That is confusing. The third star is (from what I've seen) helping your teammates with assistance items... stuns, fire, frost, etc. And you have a napalm, so you should get some contribution from that.

I'm honestly confused how you got 1 star from that. If it keeps happening, then please post it in this thread and we will try to figure it out.

13. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I think he was on the border of the infamy tanking rules. That’s why he got less rewards, but I suspect he’d climbed in infamy again since then so when Grim checked he wasn’t in the tanking zone.

Otherwise, you’re right, the rewards make no sense.

14. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Maybe the losses are affecting your mindset... Do what you do best and make sure your team is doing what you need them to do. If rushing is what you do best, make sure to do it when your team backs you up, for example.

15. HectorBarbossa

HectorBarbossa Member

Engineering Data Analyst
    I provide my last 6 battles, if I was an infamy Tanker, the damage I made wasn’t like those as in board. No star, less bonus. Is it because of my playing style?

edit: reupload screenshot

Attached Files:

16. Rainbow Warrior

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: 1st, 6th and maybe 5th: I guess if you're not being penalized, you should receive some stars; I'm cool with the stars you got on 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

17. R@jith anand

R@jith anand Well-Known Member

Can anyone explain in what base the stars are allotted in battles... Some times the AFK players may get 1star.. Also sometimes the persons doing less damage than us may get stars but we don't... Why it happens?

18. Rainbow Warrior

1 for winning, 1 for contribute above average, 1 for contribute 2x the average. :D
    Stunning, frosting, burning can be contributions as well ;)

R@jith anand likes this.
  19. R@jith anand

R@jith anand Well-Known Member

I think we must make a detailed guideline for this aspect... It may helpful for players to do better contributions for getting more stars.

20. Rainbow Warrior

That'd nice, but I guess the crew keeps the details in secret in order to prevent exploits. IMO the key to get more stars nowadays is to do your best to help your team and to do not play fixer unless you use the selfish (untested on the highest stage of the game ;)) version.
    Fixer contribution apart, the system seems great, when I get 3 stars, I think I deserved, when I get 1 :( I deserved it too.

R@jith anand likes this.