1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Huge imbalance in some battles in the events, legendary and T5 epic and rare on mk1 and mk2s i.e.

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Flint, 9 Sep 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Dear Devs,

For weeks I am addressing this issue of the imbalance in the event matchmaking. I don't want to sound condescending at all, but I want to say this: why not fix excisting problems first before you come up with new ideas?

Today I received a couple of screenshots again and the matchmaking is hugely imbalanced in some cases. One of my friends want to delete his account I made for him and another friend who used my The Flint account for a few battles said 'this is insane, please don't ask me to join this game'.

You are losing players because of the matchmaking, but there don't seem any haste in fixing it. Several people have come up with ideas, for example:

- don't let people use 2 mk's below their biggest ship
    - take captain level into account
    - let people be forced to upgrade all ships
    - and there were others

I wonder if I should continue with showing proof of the imbalance, because I have never got any reply about it.

Regards,
    Flint

Last edited: 9 Sep 2018
    ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  2. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

WInning with 10 - 0 is not a balanced battle, but also look at the difference in gear.

Second battle, Unfriends 4x T2 rare weapons, friends none.

Third battle 1X mk1 in a battle with all mk4s and mk5s. (sorry was normal battle)

HYZVVGMS.jpg KQFTBWKK.jpg XBQNLBTS.jpg

3. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

This is completely nuts, legendary and T4 and T5 weapons on mk1s, mk2s and mk3s, of course these are players with 3000+ Infamy, who ruin the game for the weaker players. Most of them say 'even if we win, it is just no fun, we do 400 damage, these others up to 10000 damage and we get killed in 1 or 2 shots every time.'

Unfriends have much stronger gear: Level 40 and level 50 rare!

Unfriends
    1X T5 rare
    3X T4 rare

1X T3 epic
    1X T2 epic

2X legendary items

Then compare that to the Friends:

Highest score 10949 damage
    Lowest score 639 damage

TSNWHMQC.jpg

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  4. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Here some of the profiles

Blind.jpg Cair.jpg Puddle.jpg Warning.jpg White Dragon.jpg

Viacheslav and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  5. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I think I made my point.

Viacheslav and Dilligaf like this.
  6. Viacheslav

Viacheslav New Member

I agree. not only that in the event many specially understate the level of the power of equipment, so even in the ordinary battle the selection became very strange! how can you compare the 44 level with the tops of type-ysl, yorken, fury?!?! I get into battle with them, it's just ridiculous. I have a 44 level, and this is 6 levels less. players are certainly not to blame for what they come across like me, but is it fair? and for winning a strong team I get + 21 - + 23, and for the loss -24. rave! when you have already adjusted the selection of players not only by the strength of the equipment (which is absurd) but also by the level of pumping captains, ships.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  7. #Executed /•|•\

#Executed /•|•\ Member

8. LuxuryLiner

LuxuryLiner Member

I agree about the captain level part 100% and even infamy ahouls be taken into account. It makes me feel like quitting. I've been playing hard since I started, got in a guild got some good tips got my 1st legendary weapon. And in events I'm getting pummeled by Lv40-50s using loads of better weapons. I have to use the lower MK boats I didnt like in events to get wins

9. LuxuryLiner

LuxuryLiner Member

This is what happens In events when I'm playing my max MK boat I'm lv22 btw and my friend is lv22 we always fleet and we both saved all our guild tokens for only events where the bonus round gave red legendary part/pieces. The guys on the other team that have legendaries ALL are infamy 3700-4000 and are mid lv40s-50.

Attached Files:

10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Obviously Gear Score isn't even close in those matches.. that's what EventMatchmaker(tm) should be using. IMO Gear Score should be adjusted by *specific* training (not Captain Level). If a boat is running two Carronades and there is no Carronade training, what difference does Captain Level make? Weapon Output, Shield HP, TS Duration/Strength... all measurable values.

LuxuryLiner likes this.
  11. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

13. envylife

@TheAntiSnipe You are illustrating players adapting to one of the GS loopholes: Gear Score of Yellows and Blues is too high relative to weapons. My particular pet peeve is Shields as you see in both cases... they don't regenerate HP but are rated as high as a weapon that can deal out the same damage as the shield 20 times over in the course of a match. That in no way means that GS of Shields should be reduced to 1/12th, because it would cause massive imbalance with Defender's GS, but something needs to be adjusted.

Even if GS of Yellows and Blues are reduced, I doubt that would solve the issue either... the reality is a T5E Nitro is overkill in an event, and particularly on the small map Events... it adds unnecessary points to Gear Score... so I understand completely why that NML speeder is using 4 T1 Yellow/Blue items. If you are using high level Nitro and OB are you getting all the value you need in this event? I doubt it. The effect of putting high level blues and yellows on your boat is putting yourself up against players with bigger weapons, and this Event is a close-range deal-damage-as-fast-as-possible melee. CTF events do benefit from high level Nitro/OB, so it's likely that NML player will add their high level Nitro/OB back on when it makes sense. It's active adaptation, which should be acceptable rather than criticized.

14. Gary Franks

Gary Franks New Member

I had a game where I and another player did 18000 damage and still lost.

15. envylife

I know the feeling, I've lost with 56k damage.