1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

HP mystery

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Shadow Moon!, 27 Nov 2017.

1. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

Chris can!

2. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure all the % are multiplied to the BASE only. The rest rest of the figures just added. So you don't add everything and add the extra HP. You add all the % and multiply it to the base then add the extra HPs in the result. Or that's how i understand the calculation for repairs lol. Also take in consideration the numbers are rounded.

Last edited: 28 Nov 2017
  3. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I thought that originally see the images attached above by me you will see the difference.

4. Fixer sa Recto

Tried to calculated it that way. Wont work haha. Check the decimals, their calculation doesnt display decimals. The figures are only rounded in the display but in reality its a series of long digits.

5. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

My question is: damage calculation works the same way?

6. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    No, hp % boosts are applied to the end total whereas damage % boosts only apply to the base damage of the weapon. Confusing, right? But frost / flare damage boosts are different, they apply to the final total, similar to health boosts

FirnenAhead likes this.
  7. Fixer sa Recto

Requesting some Devs to shed some light on these calcluations. So as we can make better decisions especially on crew talents (on perks you could see the output preview though)
    @The Grim Repair
    @The Otherguy
    @CaffeinatedChris

Thanks in advance.:D

8. Shadow Moon!

I created thread so some credit should got to me too, jk:p

Fixer sa Recto likes this.
  9. Fixer sa Recto

And specially to you brother. Thanks for bringing this up

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  10. Shadow Moon!

What I have found out about hp is

1750 is my base hp crew talents adds 400 to it
    So
    1750+400=2150

And 8% from another crew talents
    So it comes to 2322.

Now when I put shield to it the 8% multiplier comes into effect
    1626*8% gets added to the shield which becomes 1756.

So total hp becomes
    2322+1756=4078

11. Fixer sa Recto

I will also try to calculate the other items and check the consistency

12. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

I'd like an explanation for the difference between damage and hp calculation. The thing about Burning Damage is clear for me, and I don't mind about frost... But the whole thing about the health buffs including shields and calculating total instead of base looks like a huge advantage for Shield Users, and a great disadvantage for the ones, like me, that don't use any or have Brock in level 5 lol. I'm already gearing up a Shield tough, but an explanation would help a lot.

13. Shadow Moon!

I did already by putting small shield same is applied. I find is correct.
    Previously I thought I was getting extra hp because of 8% multiplier but no its perfect.

14. Shadow Moon!

No its not advantage to shield users.
    See I will try to explain.
    My base hp is 1750 talents add 400 to it so it bomes 2150.
    If I haven't trained any % hp boost my hp would still be 2150 but by training those 8% I get 2322.

As shields add to ships hp the multiplier should come in play and affect that hp because the talent doesn't exclusively mentions base hp of ships.

15. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    We're not devs, and don't have access to any more in-game information than you do. :)
    However, this has been sent up the chain to Zeus and The Grim Repair, so it's up to them. ;)

16. Fixer sa Recto

Woah it worked. Totally worth tagging MVPs :rolleyes:

The Otherguy likes this.
  17. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

To say "damage is more complicated" is a pretty big understatement.

I'm going to use everyone's favorite weapon, the Sniper Cannon, because it illustrates a lot of the particularities of calculating weapon damage.

snoipah.jpg

My Sniper Cannon is a Lv40 Rare, packing three Epic crit% perks, and I've trained for the 250% crits with an extra +10% damage to burning targets (which isn't pictured)

The displayed numbers are easy enough to calculate: (301 + 15) * 1.32 = 417 damage, which is about how much an unarmored enemy Speeder would take.

But this doesn't tell the whole story at all.

Enemy ship Defense reduces base weapon damage. So when I take a shot at a Defender who's stacked with 100 Defense points, I'm only doing (301 + 15 - 100) * 1.32 = 285 damage, instead of 417 - 100 = 317 damage. The Speeder takes 132 more damage because of having no armor.

But what about burning, frozen, or crits bonuses?

Those are multiplied, in order, against the final number.

So in my case, I get 10% extra damage to a burning target. Let's say that both targets are on fire:

Enemy Speeder: (301 + 15) * 1.32 * 1.1 = 458 damage
    Enemy Defender: (301 + 15 - 100) * 1.32 * 1.1 = 313 damage
    The Speeder has now taken 145 more. Ouch.

And I didn't put those three Epic crit chance perks on for nothing, so let's say I crit:

Enemy Speeder: (301 + 15) * 1.32 * 1.1 * 2.5 = 1147 damage
    Enemy Defender: (301 + 15 - 100) * 1.32 * 1.1 * 2.5 = 784 damage
    Now that Speeder has taken 363 more damage. Yikes.

There's one final factor in damage calculation, which is that the final number has a random variance of 10% above and below. So the final numbers above get multiplied by a random value between 0.9 and 1.1 again, so the final damage ranges are:

Enemy Speeder: (301 + 15) * 1.32 * 1.1 * 2.5 * (0.9 to 1.1) = 1032 - 1261 damage
    Enemy Defender: (301 + 15 - 100) * 1.32 * 1.1 * 2.5 * (0.9 to 1.1) = 705 - 862 damage

TL;DR - Damage is complicated, has a random element, and you need to stack huge amounts of Defense to make a flaming Sniper crit not hurt but it's probably still not worth it.

(Base Damage + Bonus - Target Defense) * Weapon Multiplier * Fire Multiplier * Frozen Multiplier * Crit * Random Variance (90-110%) = How Much It Will Hurt