1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Win when you are Outnumbered.

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Jimbot, 24 Jul 2018.

1. Jimbot

Jimbot Well-Known Member

Everyone is eventually in a situation where you get into a 1v2 at the end of a game, or in the middle. I hope to teach you some tricks to win these more often than not.
    1. Don't bite off more than you can chew. I guess that is pretty self explanatory, but really. Know what your enemies are using, and with the new health bars, you can tell how your enemies are doing on health. Use this to your advantage. You should NEVER take on two full health enemies, unless of course, it is your only option.
    2. Who to shoot first. Again, pretty easy to guess. First, pick the lowest health enemy. If there are two pretty close in health (within about 500) then go for fixers, or yellow boats. They have less defense, and will take more damage from your shots. Naturally, they will then go down faster.
    3. Corners, corners, corners. They are your greatest ally. Global cooldown is there, and you can't do anything about that. So, to win, you have to cycle first, and get the first hit. The real trick is to retreat backwards around a corner. If you can see your enemy, fire before you have line of sight. With blast and ex cannons this works, as well as torps and grenade. Mortars tend to take too long to hit. If you can tell how fast the enemy is moving around a corner, then fire when you know they will be there. It takes practice, but you will learn how to fire a cannon early. The enemy will take the damage from your hit, and your global cooldown might have already cycled back to where you can fire again.
    4. Force the enemy into hard positions. If you can get your opponents to follow into a corridor, then you can use splash weapons to hurt them all. The enemies then have to choose between both taking damage, or coming toward you one at a time, allowing you to focus one more efficiently. If you control where they are then you control who you dies first.
    5. Health. You need health to win these. NEVER EVER tank a shot you don't have to. It's better to run and finish off an enemy later, than take an explosive cannon in the face if there are more enemies. Try and figure out what your enemies are using. If they have torps and mortars, fight as close as you can. If they like blast and ex cannons, then run away. It's better that their weapons are limited in use. The less weapons that can hit you, the better your chances.
    6. Balance your loadout. It's good to use close range weapons, if and only if, you have the health to use them. If you are low on health, keep running and take potshots when the enemy isn't looking.
    7. Finally, you can't win everything. If you have 1000 health and you are up against a defender with 15k, don't try and fight them. Draws are better than a loss. Think wisely. If, however, that defender has two torps and a mortar, use the environment to get close. If they can't use their weapons, you can't lose. I won this situation precisely by sneaking around until I was within the minimal range for his weapons.

I'm not a great in this game, but I hope there are some tips that help you on your way. Best of luck.