1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How To Use Speeder

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by P0rthos, 31 May 2017.

1. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

What do you guys think? Did I miss anything?

2. ManBearWiz

ManBearWiz New Member

Was looking forward to this video. Thanks Porthos.

3. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

Wonderful video. Highlights a lot. Also highlights why the speeder needs to be looked at in terms of calibration lat that level. The game completely loses the diversity at 3500+

P0rthos likes this.
  4. Jabynator

Jabynator Member

Really great video and finally I could watch it, after days and days of waiting :p
    Keep it up P0rthos, you're one amazing defender!

P0rthos likes this.
  5. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

great video, thank you for sharing this. now we will see an increase of yellow boats :)

can you explain why the exploding cannon? is it better than flare gun or tritorp?

6. Baraba$

Baraba$ Member

good video,but you should atleast posted 3 speeders with different gears with different tactics ,so the new players can choose or will have other ideas on their speeder build

7. P0rthos

Yea I tried. Turns out they are too busy playing to send me a video. Lol. Blacktail and Orpheus will send me a vid one day and I'll do a part 2.

8. P0rthos

Exploding canon hits like a comet and is great for damaging groups. But it's super slow and finicky. Hard to land a shot. Flare gun is fine, but it's overused and not very original anymore. Plus exploding canon hits harder anyway. Tritorps is ok if you combo with frost and frost damage training. Otherwise, it has no place on a speeder. Speeders need heavy hitting direct damage weapons to take key players out fast.

9. Steven

Steven Active Member

I'm mk4 lvl25, if I were to spend the pearls on 2 guns for end game use such would ur buddies suggest? I'm currently running epic sniper lol 30, and legendary big torp lvl8. I love the damage of the torp buy it takes skill, should I trade it out for a more reliable weapon....im about to have the money to buy any recommended weapon. Thank u and ur friends for the advise in advance

10. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Personally I'd Change them both
    Sniper is long range and that isn't the speeders forte

And as for torp, yep, takes positioning. If you can carry it off it's awesome if not I'd suggest you go for better close range weapons. Defo blast cannon. Normal cannon > sniper imo (u need to talent for blast) and maybe flare gun or some other big dmg cannon - like explosive as in the vid

Speeder is fast in, high damage, fast out. Snipers we ain't, imo

11. P0rthos

Well said Monobrow. My next series of vids will feature a speeder who uses frost and big torp effectively. Sniper on speeder isn't necessarily your best option because of the low damage and long cooldown time.

monobrow likes this.
  12. Steven

Steven Active Member

Since if got legandary big torp I'd love to see this vid....also if u could get his loadout of blue items that would be helpful! Thank you POrthos!

13. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

I've been playing speeder for awhile! But Does anyone have thoughts on overboost/nitro compared to overboost/overboost??? I don't want to waste my money on upgrading another overboost because I normally run nitro/overboost

14. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

I've tried double overboost, but it felt like a waste of slot. The only upside is, you can keep the speed going nonstop, worth only at lower levels. Nitro or Tesla is a much better option for second slot.

15. Steven

Steven Active Member

Yea idk how they found out but if seen ppl on the forums say that 2 overboost don't stack, only perk is u get home stop speed without waiting on cds

16. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

That's what I thought thanks
    What do you all think nitro or tesla? I've never used a tesla and I've sold them all in the past lol

17. Steven

Steven Active Member

I can't get away from nitro/overboost.....once I trade ether of those out I fill so SLOW and get annoyed

JDAR likes this.
  18. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

Ya that's what I was thinking
    Once I get 3 yellow slots I'll be happy :p

19. Montycooper

Montycooper New Member

Which blue items does he use/which ones are the best?

20. Steven

Steven Active Member

He says the blue items in the end of the vid, I think it was shield and turbo