1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How to use Carronade

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by XGF, 4 Jun 2017.

1. RangerCA

RangerCA Member

Look. I apologized and elaborated on my intended message. If you still want to take it that way, that's your prerogative.

That doesn't always happen. I play as Fixer and I have been rushed and destroyed without my team batting an eye in my direction. Sometimes, you're on your own against a suicidal Speeder/Enforcer that is just determined to kill you. You won't always be able to rely on your team to bail you out. If you have a short range and a medium to long range weapon, that you're covered for both situations.

Most of the time, you should be healing and staying safe. Not leaving cover and firing. In my previous paragraph, I explaining how it could be a viable secondary weapon for Fixer. Not a primary.

Doing more damage, maybe. More wins, probably not.

I don't really understand what you mean by "[...] cater to YOUR play style [...]", do you mean the play style most commonly used by Fixers (which in my opinion is rather uninventive), or to play how they want? If the latter, I don't see your point really.

If you read the post I made prior to our conversation in this thread, I in essence agreed with this. It is a highly situational weapon and should not be used in lower tiers. In higher tiers with 2 weapon slots on your fixer, there is absolutely no harm in using that extra slot for close range defense. I understand your overall point; 'Don't take a knife to a gunfight.' However, As I said, I'm talking about using Carronade in high tier play, where it is a very powerful weapon in the right hands, and also where Fixer can be ridiculously fast when built to be so.

I completely agree with you not to use the Carronade in the lower tiers where Fixer only has one weapon, only has Repair Pulse (in this tier it's 99% shooting and 1% being a Fixer), isn't fast, and when Carronade does not have the talents needed to be effective. It doesn't work there and clearly we both understand that. But saying not to use Carronade at all ever in Fixer and calling the guy who said that — of the choice of Shooter and Fixer — that Fixer is the better choice a "noob" seems a little opinionated and my point is to say that in the later tiers it can be used in Fixer.

2. NcDiablosaur

NcDiablosaur Member

GunnyHIGHway,

Salty
    The act of being upset, angry, or bitter as result of being made fun of or embarassed. Also a characteristic of a person who feels out of place or is feeling attacked.

This is a common term used out there. It's a reference to an attitude. He then played on the word in a joking method.

Carronade can be quite effective in later game. Once you gear it up and then pick the talents from the crew you can use it up close with a fixer as they can then move around you quite effectively using overboost and outrun the swivel of the gun because carronade slows down the swivel of the gun when you skill it.

3. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

Perhaps i should have clarified. At mk3 a fixer has 1 slot 2points and using a carronaid would not be an option. I dont think fixer is particularly effective at mk2, at least not when paired with mk3 ships. Having only a heal pulse isnt a lot of survivability for your team. Once paired with a box thewer a good fixer can do a lot of damage mitigation. I just had a particularly satisfying game where one kid suicided and i kept three people alive through heavy fire for most of the game. 2 survived with me and one died. I wojld have liked to have seen healing total. But i digress. I use either missiles, because of the range and ease of hitting people or lvl 15 big berta. Tho this is harder to aim and use and also toss boxes.

I like playing fixer and i think i am particularly good at it and got lucky on items for it. I run my fixer with epic pulse, rare mk2 box thrower, uncom mk2 overbooster. I believe a fixer has to be fast when mecessary to get that short ranged box into the right spot or catch a ailing teammate
    I do not play fixer because of the match making and the way stars work. Without out damaging everyone youll never get 3 and rarely do u get even 2 because getting even ave dmg can be hard if youre going to keep pulse and boxes on CD. Also the dont show healing on the score screen. Also the way matchmaking works they have 2 and 3 fixer teams... im not adding to that.

IF i get a second weapon on a fixer then a short range weapon will be fine. Id go with my epic blast can. RNG kinda picks your ship and loadout for you imo

4. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

PS. Achievements say 6562 healing is my max for one round. Im guessing thats the round i referenced. My previous best was 5800.

Why does this page not have an edit button in horizontal view?

5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

@GunnyHiGHway Good with clarifications, does make it easier to understand where to very firm opinions come from.

In a higher infamy game the opposing team is very likely to have 1-2 mk6 speeders that can kill you in a few shots (atleast as a low lvl mk5 Fixer) - Even if your teammates see the threat coming they usually cant take down 7k hp speeder before the damage is done, so Im aiming towards using the 2nd weapon slot on something that could help me scare them away, fx Cannonade (although it comes with some tough talent choices)

6. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

The OP mentioned he had MK3s. So people suggesting things for mk5 boats doesnt really help him

7. Kitterini

Its for mk6 even!
    I'm not claiming to be giving advice for mk3, whether he has a use for knowing what comes later I'm sure he can judge without your help :)

8. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

Then youre not really here to help the OP if you dont read his post and give relevant informatio. For that level. You might as well laugh and call him a newbie. For all the help youve been.

9. Kitterini

We can't all keep as high a post quality as you my friend ;)

10. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

I dont expect the plebs to live up to my high standards. Youre forgiven

11. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

I've seen Defenders with Carronades and that's a real menace. They're seriously dangerous! Every Ship can equip a Carronade, but it needs to be well combined. And as previous responses said, it's a weapon you use once you get at least to Swift level 25. If you use it before, you're wasting your time.

12. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Dude this is from June 2017

13. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

lol :confused:

14. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Just kidding I Necroed it on purpose

15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Yyyyyyyyyyyyy thoooooooooooo?

16. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    If you shoot a defender with a carronade and it doesn't leave a scratch, the problem isn't your carronade. It's ya dang noggin...

#carronadeBaysics

TheAntiSnipe and Neptune_Gaming like this.
  17. Neptune_Gaming

Neptune_Gaming Well-Known Member

Can someone give him the title Necro master?