1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How to turn off AutoAim ???

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by #DDPGPJLV, 30 Apr 2018.

1. #DDPGPJLV

#DDPGPJLV Member

How to turn off AutoAim ???

When there is no enemies in sight...
    Im tryin to release some sneaky torpedos.. and at that time an enemy apears somewgere on another end of map..

So my sneaky targeting goes to him instantly and Lock to a target without my pressing a target locking button.. and i let my missile hit anywhere...

I hate this..

2. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Unfortunately there's no way to fully disable the auto-aim at the moment. If you are already in the process of "aiming" the torpedo (hold the fire button until the "zoom" effect happens) then it won't snap to a new target, but if you are in "free camera" mode still, your turret will swing towards any new target that appears.

I will see about bringing this back to the dev team as an option or set of options.

3. #DDPGPJLV

#DDPGPJLV Member

Youre THE MAN!

Thanx for listening :)

4. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

+1 for another player that doesn't like sending his Torp into the wall when the aim snaps to a player way out-of-sight.

5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The thing that can help is this: Auto-aim should not snap to a new enemy while a player is actively aiming. Zoom exacerbates this snap issue because it takes a while to both wait for zoom-out and recover of your turret positioning, which commonly results in an opportunity miss.

6. #DDPGPJLV

#DDPGPJLV Member

Yeeeaaap. Thats exactly what im talking about.

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I'd love this because often, I'm aiming at an opponent with my blast cannon and they disappear. The shot can still hit, but it won't because the aim snaps to another target.

8. Jamesnyc

Jamesnyc Active Member

Systems admin
    Oh i hate that to, i swear at the phone..lol

sugarponykisses and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

The worst feeling is when you choke when trying to take out a fixer who's just one shot away from death.

Vile Kyle likes this.
  10. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Once again with the unpopular opinion: I don't really mind the auto aim to much, I almost never waste shots due to it. It's pretty easy to use too.

11. Elyport

Elyport Member

When I play speeder or enforcer, it sucks when this happens while I'm on low hp and face to face with a shooter. Aiming my tesla bolt at the shooter and suddenly the camera does some twerking and bam my aim is somewhere else and I die. My option is to stun the shooter and OB away towards my fixer or let my bandage slowly do the work. I don't know if it's the auto aim cuz i'm pretty much focused on the shooter and it really sucks to die cuz of some re occurring bug/issue when there is an option in game for you to retreat.

12. mwidjaja

mwidjaja Member

This is exactly my problem as well. For a shooting game, aiming is the key and the developer just act dumb to let this issue keep going on. If I use speeder, this issue is amplified badly as speeder moves fast..

13. sugarponykisses

sugarponykisses New Member

This has to be one of the biggest flaws of the game. LET ME AIM!!! You have a locking control. If I want to use it I will. I didn't ask for you to aim for me! Aieeee! I think I get killed more because of the stupid auto aim.

14. Rootzman

Rootzman New Member

Hi Chris, sorry but I have to disagree with your suggestion. I use the sniper, and I’ll be tracking a target waiting for a wave to pass. If another enemy comes into view I literally have to fight the reticle because IT decides who I should be aiming at not me, it seems like I take a back seat to this auto aim and it bounces around indecisively if they are in a group.

If you could make a suggestion to the developers for me that would be great. Could you have them set it up where it locks onto a target if you track it for 3seconds, that way if I didn’t want to target that player anymore I could use the already existing “cancel target lock” button.

Also in regards to the “cancel target lock” button, could they move to to BELOW the joystick. Sometimes I hit it by mistake in the heat of battle when desperately trying to maneuver (even though I’ve already made it as small as possible on screen)

sugarponykisses likes this.
  15. mwidjaja

mwidjaja Member

I used to be able to cancel target lock by pressing anywhere on the screen but now, i need to press the specific X button. Why???
    Another related problem, since the right thumb is used for aiming, I put the X button on the left, but I can't put it too close with the left pad as the pad can stretch while moving the ship. End up the X is somewhere in the center, which making it difficult to reach fast enough. Where do you guys put the X?

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. TheAntiSnipe

Personally, I just slide down, out of the screen. That cancels the shot too. Just slide your right finger down. EZ

17. mwidjaja

mwidjaja Member

Slide down the right thumb?
    I tried but i think it fired the weapon.

18. TheAntiSnipe

Odd... Works for me at least

19. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I just bring my right pointer finger up and tap it with the side of my finger, I don't have to move my whole hand/thumb while doing it too.

20. sugarponykisses

sugarponykisses New Member

But who decided that anybody wanted auto-aim...automatically...by default? Clearly your user base are pvp gamers that like to control who and what they are shooting. Let them do it! Free the aiming!