1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How to stop seal clubbing during events

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by JoshW, 19 Aug 2018.

1. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

It is fair, they got it without cheating or exploiting in anyway and they are playing to their best abilities by using their good weapons. If they're just not skilled enough to progress and they're facing lower people, it's their skill that's the problem.
    It also would not be fair to the people who already have the items equipped but are forced to take it off through an update while having no good replacementsz therefore not winning as much, therefore not getting as much rewards, and not progressing fast so they'll just get frustrated and quit.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  2. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Which is why rewards and shops would need to be adjusted to get the items you need for your ship (as mentioned above) instead of getting all common and uncommon that get scrapped anyway. As for already owned high level items you could have an option to leave it as it is or to scale back the power of the item (equivalent to the max allowed on ship) until your ship is upgraded enough to use the item at full power. This would help that skill gap as well, play with that item at max allowed for that ship by the time you upgrade the ship you will have had time to improve your skill

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  3. SeaNavy

Think about it this way:
    Some random person is bad at the game, but has high level items so he is able to maintain infamy. But if his items become downgraded, he's going other start dropping infamy, and with his max leveled items for ship level, he will still have the same effect on the new lower people he gets matched up with.
    Also there's there 'need to feel we're progressing' which someone made a thread about, and this isn't going to help at all. People will need to feel as if they're actually achieving something in order to continue playing, or the game won't be much enjoyable.

4. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

This random player wouldnt have the same effect on new players because he would be matched with players who have weapons closer to his. The scale I mentioned would not be accurate for balancing they were just off the top of my head.
    I feel the game would be more enjoyable with matches that were balaced better. I have considered deleting the game more times from mismatched battles than I have from "lack of progress". The players who don't see progress are the ones who either
    a. Don't play enough to develop their skill set
    b. Spread themselves to thin trying to upgrade everything
    c. Continuously get thrown into matches they can't win
    Infamy is unrelated because this idea was for event battle only

5. SeaNavy

The reason I feel lack of progress is because I don't get duplicates often and because of that my items don't get any better so I don't increase much in infamy these days. But when I do happen to get a duplicate and upgrade the item, if it just gets downgraded in events which are around 3 out of the 7 days of the week, nearly half the time, and I play more when the events are around, it wouldn't feel like I'm progressing because my items haven't gotten any better in terms of stats during events (this might be confusing because I combined so much sentences lol). Also, this is infamy related in a way because events help you get item pieces, perks, and parts, which are all needed to make items better and advance infamy.

6. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

With the shops and crates changed like I mentioned above you would have an increased chance for dupes because you would only be getting items you can use instead of items that just get scrapped for parts. I realize this could create a conflict with having ships at different levels but up to mk5 it' fairly easy to upgrade your boats and after playing for that amount of time you already know what your primary build is. So this change to the rewards system would reflect your highest mk5 ship.

7. SeaNavy

Most players like me aren't p2p, so they won't be able to get the stuff from the shop that you mentioned. Also, getting duplicates doesn't really help when your going to restrict the item levels.

8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

The point of this is so people level up their ships when they can instead of keeping them at a low level. I am also f2p and get most of my gear from daily and star crates. I'm talking market and crates not the offers.

9. SeaNavy

You said the items they get would reflect on their highest ship, so they wouldn't be convinced to upgrade their lower ships. Also, getting duplicates should be harder. Also you said earlier it would be for p2p and that they can buy the specific items they want.

10. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

If you are only getting items to use on higher ships but want to use a lower ship type it has to be upgrade therefore incentive to upgrade. The p2p I mentioned was them getting to buy specific items instead of getting random ones, this way players will still spend money to get the items they want and Rovio doesn't lose their p2p players.

11. SeaNavy

It'll still be too easy to get duplicates for all your items, and since you know you're going to get then sooner or later, p2p aren't going to spend as much money. And what's the point of getting so much dupes when it's going to be restricted. Also, you should still be able to get items for your other ships and try new items even if you don't have high enough mk for them. Many people don't have enough gold to upgrade their ships immediately, and they shouldn't be not able to try them just because of that.

12. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

@JoshW your infamy and ship mk?
    I disagree with your idea but I will explain why, only if you answer my question