1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How to re-introduce strategy into Battle Bay

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by KINGIVANOV, 28 Oct 2018.

?

Do you agree that Battle Bay should be more concerned with Skill?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    Often, battles now are decided by luck or the fact that one team has higher level items. I believe that skill should be the deciding factor, not item levels or luck. Here are my ideas on how to re-introduce skill. and STRATEGY.
    1. Make the capture zone more important, either make it unbreakable, so you have to kill the person to stop the capture or have it do 2% each tick or something.
    2. Introduce a new healing zone in each map, where one team member could retreat and repair up. As a small buff to the defender, I believe this should be percent based, like 5% health every 5 seconds or something.
    3. More commands: [teammember], fall back!, or go to [specified point], etc.
    4. I've always wanted a new blue item, like what I suggested to @Zeus a long time ago, My idea: thenocluewhattonameitbandage (needs a new name, suggestions?)
    So basically it is a bandage that does maybe 80% of what a normal bandage does, but, if you are within a repair pulse distance of another teammate, then it would heal them too. 2 slots though. Seriously, I could see some really cool strategies with this.
    He said that healing is a fixers (or now perhaps reapers) job . MY RESPONSE IS THAT THIS IS PASSIVE, BLUE ITEMS ARE PASSIVE, GREEN ITEMS HAVE TO BE ACTIVATED.
    or
    The carpet bomb / barrage (randomly scattered, large area, multiple consecutive projectiles)

ANYWAY, ahem, what do y'all think?

@Zeus @The Grim Repair @Miika @TheAntiSnipe @ViscountSniffit @Dmg don @YerJokinArnYer @vis1234567899 @The Otherguy @Uerguy @Sewah @Ash KOT @SupremeCalamitas @Help I Cant Swim

anyone else I should invite?

Last edited: 28 Oct 2018
  2. Rogue Blueberry

Rogue Blueberry Well-Known Member

I don't see how any of these will promote skill. Imo taking away mks was a massive buff to skill.

3. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    I meant strategy, edited.

4. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Lol, I didn't get an alert from that, did you edit it in?
    Good ideas btw, though I'm not a fan of new weapons. Also, skill is working around weapons and winning even when outgunned. Also, capture is fine as is. I friend will increase capture 1% per second, two 2%, and three 3%. And that's how it should be.
    Agreed.

Hazimi likes this.
  5. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I feel BB has all the strategy it needs, for now, I think skill is needed more than strategic oriented gameplay, especially since those with no clue won't mess up too much if there isnt too much that's vital.
    Do I make sense? I'm tired, gnight.

6. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    DID SOMEBODY SAY MINE SPAMMING? Count me in!:)

7. HappyUnicorn789

HappyUnicorn789 Well-Known Member

Talking about skill. Please nerf FB