1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How to play Enforcer?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Anonim23, 3 Apr 2019.

1. Anonim23

Anonim23 Member

So far I've played all ships except interceptor and reaper and managed to win a few matches with every one except with enforcer. I find it impossible to win a match with this ship. I find it the hardest of all ships to play with but I need to be able to win for the guild quests because no one in my guild does the enforcer win machine one. This ship is too slow to evade enemy attacks and it's health is not helipng either. It just doesn't suit my playstyle to get close, deal as much damage as possible and then hide to regenerate with bandages. The 3 blues slots mean slower regeneration than speeder which has 4 slots. As for the yellow items I use 3 nitros on my speeder so the aditional yellow slots mean nothing to me. Also this ship is not good for doing damage from a long range either (at least not for me) because I can't equip any high damage weapon without losing the third red slot. The only high damage 1 slot weapons that I have are the gatling gun and carronade. For me enforcer seems just a weaker version of speeder. How should I play this ship to be able to win some matches? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. rexaroni

rexaroni Member

First off, bandage with enforcer is a death wish. Burst damage is insane after the damage/removing armor update. Pretty much have to use a big shield to get your HP as high as possible. What that means is every shot you take makes you a more appealing target for the enemy team. Use map obstacles to prevent blind side fire from mortars, torps, sniper cannons. Tesla shield is a godsend in these cases, but with a weak ts you'll have to have a planned escape route for the inevitable shield pop stun.

Nitro is your friend. You HAVE to use the ship's main advantage, agility, to your own advantage since the update. Nitro + agility + using waves to hide = hard to hit. If all else fails and you're in no man's land with enemy reticle locked onto you and no nitro to escape, use the "drive in circles" crutch from medium to long range while your nitro cools down. Super hard to hit an enfo driving in circles when you have to lead shots b/c of the agility. Once nitro is available, get outta dodge and find a winnable skirmish.

Speaking of "winnable skirmishes"....lastly, pick your battles wisely. Use nitro to position yourself effectively around the map, usually at various choke points. Once the battlefield is solidified and you can tell where your team is in relation to your enemies, try to create mismatches with the enemies in terms of 3v2's, 2v1's, etc. Find a teammate that is attacking an enemy that appears to be over-exposed and shoot the same enemy.

Tried to provide more strategy-based options since it seems like raw firepower is not an option for you at this point (I usually run dual grenade and blast cannon). Grenades allow you to shoot your enemy while they likely do not have a clear sight line to you (again, using waves to your advantage).

@TheAntiSnipe I'm sure can provide some excellent insights as I'm pretty sure he created a very detailed enfo guide at one point...hope I've helped at least a little.

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Couldn't have summed it up better myself.

So yeah.
    • Bandage is definitely a bad idea, big shield is better.
    • You have a hit-and-run playstyle, clearly. Enforcer WILL work with that style, but it will have to be played MUCH more differently to do so.
    • Now, I don't know what level you are at... So I'll try to help you with some enforcer guides and, as I'd like to call them, "case studies".
    1. The first guide is quite the read, I suggest that you get some snacks to go with it, it talks about TS usage ;): Here
    2. The second is about using nitro well, something you'll HAVE to learn since you lack regeneration. This guide basically talks about two things: Using nitro, and finding chinks in the moveset of a nitro user. I think you'll find it most useful. Here
    3. The next guide is for you if you keep getting hit out in the open. Waves are your best bet since you don't have a tesla shield, so here's a guide on wave manipulation!
    4. Finally, for some case studies. I'm going to make this super easy for you. These "case studies" are basically gameplay from ME (self-advertizing lol :D)

^^This video, from 3:56 (if you're in a hurry, the full video is pretty lit tbh). Look carefully at the evasions I used.

^^ A pentakill done well. Looks at how I fought with due consideration to the terrain and my fixer.
    https://replay.battlebay.net/PRBFNBBJ#SHRNBCQR
    ^^A recent custom battle I had where I fell into a 1v2 situation. Watch how I use my shielding tactically.

Finally, a guide on how to play the enforcer after update 3.2. I think you'll find it useful.​

Well, that's about it! Take your time going through these links, and I think you'll start seeing improvements in no time!
    And of course, contact me if you have any questions!
    Anti out!

Nikkie! and Nicolas like this.
  4. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

@TheAntiSnipe , I read it as it is NOT his style to hit and run and heal. Great list of links and videos for old and new players alike.

Enforcer has been my ship since the start. I love the yellow, supposed to be orange, guy. You have a few options depending on your weapons and playstyles. You need to have some 1 point weapons leveled up to be useful though.

Some general tips:
    Blues for all builds will be turbo + big shield. You need your speed maxed and the hp.
    You don't need T5 or epic yellows to be good at yellow boats. Unfortunately with the way things have evolved, there is not a whole lot of bonus from getting most yellows to level 50.
    -For my nitro i use epic level 11s. It allows 3 perks for cooldown. Why dump resources into getting the 4th perk slot?
    -Overboost, perks just get you duration, which is helpful, but not critical. I used an uncommon for a long time until moving up to a rare. I scrap my epics to use for leveling epic weapons.
    - Tesla bolt and all frost weapons. Same as nitro. Leveling these gets you longer duration. So many resources to dump into getting another 5 seconds of stun. IMO 11 seconds is enough to get out of dodge if needed. And with frost, it breaks with one hit so there is no longer a need for frost duration. Yes freeze % is helpful, but again costly. I'd rather get my weps and shields up to 50 first.

Some builds:
    Hunter - Use double nitro or nitro + OB and a tesla shield. For weapons use combos like blast cannons and flare or grenade. Always 3 one point weapons, never a two.
    This ship build is ready to finish off enemies As mentioned above, find a ship to pair with and double or triple team. Use your nitros to get around or cut off their exit or chase them down for the kill.

Support - Use frost launcher and mortars. Surprising very effective. I used double frost launcher and double ball park. Might want a sniper to let you play from afar. Goal is to stay behind your team or to the side and frost away.

Tank - If you have double tesla shields, you can go a bit more tank. Remember to use your TS to protect your team too. Its super valuable. Carronade goes good with this.

I try to be versatile so I can flex with a battle. I like to have one slot for a swift torp or mortar so I don't have to get in close.

Mix it up. The enforcer is not a one trick pony. It is very versatile when you get used to it. Enjoy!

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. Micro

Micro Active Member

Thats Occupied
    How to play enforcer right? U have buttons right? There u have it folks.

6. TheAntiSnipe

I guess it's an ambiguous statement, I read it as him being more Hit N Run than sustained engagement xD @envylife.
    Nice post tho!

7. Anonim23

Anonim23 Member

Thank you all for your tips.
    @benguin8 I have followed your advice on the mortar + frost launcher and I have won my firt match with this ship.
    @TheAntiSnipe you have godlike skills and powerfull items that match your skills. Unfortunetly I can't say the same about me. My tesla shield can only take 279 damage which is wortless. Here is my current loadout for this ship:
    [​IMG]
    As you can see I can't do the spectacular evasions that you did in your videos with my nitros.

I would like to add a cannon to this loadout but the only 1 slot cannon that I have are the sniper (which has the total crit cance of 17.5% which is too low), the level 1 rare blast cannon (whgich is completly untrained and deals 300 damage) and the level 20 rare cannon (the 5.6 cooldown one). Unfortunetly I can't equip the explosive cannon which is my favourite one. Also would the gatling gun be any good on this ship? Would you recommend replacing any weapon from the current loadout with any of those?

TheAntiSnipe and Nikkie! like this.
  8. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Just keep moving at all times. Easiest way to win as an Enfo is to use the agility to make you impossible to hit

9. TheAntiSnipe

Let's see. You have a loadout that is designed to restrain targets and chip away at HP bars. While it is not a recommended loadout for the enforcer, I've seen a couple of them pull it off well. While I myself am only beginning to work on frost combo attacks (the going is slow :D), I do know that, if you chose to use StM+Nade+Blast, you would be able to tackle speeders better at your level (speeders at your level are vulnerable to the trick I talked about(GCD manipulation)). Gatling as it is right now is just a bad weapon on any loadout. The chip damage is decent but it is buggy and the 15-round clip demands consistent accuracy under pressure.

Aether_Zero and Micro like this.