1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How much infamy have you unintentionally dropped?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kalbs, 21 Jun 2017.

1. ID•IllIlIllI

ID•IllIlIllI Member

Started 3600 after nightmare league reset dropped to 3200 now steadily increasing to 3400. I believe it's because addition infamy comes from bots at 200infamy and the increase is steady while the decrease in infamy of all players is from the nightmare league reset which brings all nightmare players above 4K infamy to 4K. So a 5k player would quickly take the infamy of ace 1 and low 4K players then low 4K players would drop to high ace1 then destroy other ace1 players. In turn eventually everyone would feel the effect of this decrease then a slow increase as 5k players can't carry enough weight in team fights to progress further. To find your real infamy you can average your infamy on a 2 week basis

behumble and ViscountSniffit like this.
  2. KURNI

KURNI New Member

What's ur Captain level mate now? currently with lvl 17 reaching 1600+ seems too much with so many players playing now.

3. KURNI

KURNI New Member

What's ur Captain level?

4. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

That makes a lot of sense. When you think about it, infamy is (for the most part) a zero sum game. For every person that goes up, an exact equal number of people have to go down. When the league resets it takes infamy out of the system, which means there is less for everybody. This sends a shockwave though all the leagues, as the loss in infamy can only be replaced by new players and bots at the bottom.

I think that might be why infamy can often feel so random. Every time you join a game you risk hitting one of these ripples.

I often see people complaining "why is there this high mk ship in my game, that guy sucks! He's a seal clubber. He's p2w, he can't use his ship". But it's also perfectly possible he's a decent player who has just been blasted off his spot by loads of nightmare players suddenly dropping 1000 infamy. As that guy clobbers other players to reassert himself, he in turn sends loads of mk 3s and 4s spiralling into the little leagues.

Last edited: 7 Sep 2017
    Epekka likes this.
  5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Prior to the past week the highest I've seen is 1100, but in the past week I went from 900 to 1150 back down to 680 and then up to 1520. Huge swings for sure. I know many of you differ in your opinion on why, but my impression is that 70% of the results are directly correlated to the matchups (my teammates and the opponent). There's only so much 1 player out of 10 can impact. In that big drop I truly felt like I was given poor matchups almost every time, commonly finding my team quickly decimated and leaving me 1 vs 4 or 1 vs 5... then during that big gain it was the same thing... my team would win despite my terrible game play in many instances.

JustPlainSowad likes this.
  6. JustPlainSowad

JustPlainSowad Active Member

Product Manager//Technology Entrepreneur
    It's when I get disconnected - my ping is like 350-450 -- If I didn't lose because of crappy team members I probably would be at 2500+

I was 650 last season. Went to 1100 and then down to 750 then 1000 then 650 now back to 1100 like this is the story of my life. And sometime I lose like 10+ games in a row.

Also, if I gave my best and still lost (like you lose and still get 2 star) the next 2-3 games I just lose it and lose those. I'm sure if the devs did their analytics that they do always they would know. I have a healer friend who had 200 less battles than me with less wins than me. He's at 3200. And I'm stuck in the vicious cycle of 1100. Oh well. I just started playing this game 2+ months ago spent nothing and always grinding. LOL Poor F2P player from the 3rd world.

7. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

1569 to 1628 to 1397 lol I am getting worse day by day.

8. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

28 currently. 1 more crew training away from 29 :)

9. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Skimming 2300 now, I've never dropped more than maybe 400 from my max since that one time.

10. ittiarazam

ittiarazam New Member

Mariner
    I have been up and down from 1,800 to 800 and back again, i don't know you guys noticed this but every 2wins streak my next game will always have one or two fixers on the opposite team and we lose all the time no matter how hard we try the team still lose.

11. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

whats that?

12. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

I went from 300-some to 24 once o_O
    the most i've dropped is from 725 to about 300.

13. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

you are very smart :)

14. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    What me and Behumble call the cockroach phenomenon is the behavior when your teammates scatter all over the place, either from fear of the opponents' stronger weapons, or they are just plain oblivious of their surroundings.

15. KURNI

KURNI New Member

soon a MK5 wow!

16. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Yeah, So keen :)