1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How much infamy have you unintentionally dropped?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kalbs, 21 Jun 2017.

1. ThirstySeal

ThirstySeal Member

I feel like the 900-1500 infamy band has hit a huge wall in terms of improved weapons/equipment in the past 2 weeks, where the skillls that would have kept you in the higher band before are now barely enough to keep you in the lower end. Influx of pay players?

2. AoiTenshi

AoiTenshi Member

Lost 400, well it seem design like that.

3. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

I agree. I have been staying at 1700ish (between 1600 to 1900) for 3 weeks now. My feeling is that so many new players are pushing up the gear level required to hang higher than 1500

4. NightXO

NightXO Active Member

Defeat more than 10 fights in a row :confused:

5. MHz3000

MHz3000 Member

1500~2000 is more of a hurdle than most realize. You're going to be stuck in that area for quite a while between uncommons and legendaries. There'll pretty much be a bit of everything.

Kalbs likes this.
  6. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Unintentionally dropped about 350 infamy from 3200 to 2850 or so last night. Although through persistence, I was able to get it all back after in a 2 hour session.

This game is all hills and valleys, and it levels out to 50% at the end.

7. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    Yea I saw you around yesterday, you made me loose some infamy LOL. I did the Fixer quest and went down from 3200 to 2700, and now I'm struggling to get back up again, currently at 2900 :/

8. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

LOL but I was trying though! Some were really hard and good fun battles, just a loss!

9. Cool Penguin

Cool Penguin Member

Atm going from 1100 to barely 800 and counting. :( I sure know I suck myself too, but have met some players with ...eh, interesting tactics on the way. Eg. several rambo fixers who rush into the front line or think they're speeders. o_O

10. arvind

arvind New Member

Yes unfair infamy system i was at 243 infamy nd met with mk5 shooter in opponent nd i have mk2 defender ......no competition
    Instead of infamy the match making should also consider captain level to so that eqaul ships equal weapons ...point to point damage the bettr one wins

Attached Files:

11. arvind

arvind New Member

I gradually fall from 700 infamy to just 158 infamy

12. arvind

arvind New Member

Sometimes the opponent finish all my mates in just 40 sec it really sucks

13. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Dropped 600 again today f*ck!!!

14. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

One thing to keep in mind is that the average boat / weapon level at a given infamy number increases. You're not the only one that levels stuff up, everyone else is doing so too. For example, when I first got to 1000 infamy there were mk2s, and now if you get to 1000 infamy you find many mk3s and even quite some mk4s. I think this is only going to increase.

This means if your progress is slower than average, you'll have a hard time gaining any infamy at all, while if you progress faster than average, infamy will be easy to climb for you. It also means that if you drop a bunch of infamy, it can be very hard to climb back up, because the average boat strength in that range is now higher than before.

monobrow, Kalbs and D3X like this.
  15. Pranaæ

Pranaæ New Member

Lol ... I lost 800 in 2 days.

Kalbs likes this.
  16. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

My worst drop was 500 after global launch.

17. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

This is true.
    I reached 1600+ infamy as a Lvl 17 Mk3 speeder. I knew that I overachieved and I knew that anytime soon my low captain level and underleveled gears will take it's toll. That's why it's very difficult for me to get back up again once I dropped.

SHOCK151! likes this.
  18. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Ive never been above 409, and I never see any mk 4s or 5s or 6s... maybe I'm just lucky.

19. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Went from 1850 to 1100 when season ended... lots of people dropping because of how seasons work now. But slowly climbing back up. In the 1700s now

20. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I drop about 400+ on a really bad losing streak. At the end of the day, your infamy will average out to where your skill and ship/weapons are at.

I really have a problem with people calling other players dumb. Yes, there players with skill not matching their infamy. There are all sort of bad players who never reach 3000 infamy. Those who always blame on teammates for losing a battle, did you ever wonder that you action was the reason the team lost that battle?
    There are a lot of reasons why 1 team loses and 1 team wins in a battle. Below are some I experienced but that just part of battle.
    - Bad ship/weapons combo for that map. Mortars and missiles are good in maps with big waves. Torpedoes are beneficial when there are small trenches. etc.
    - Somehow a team focus fire on 1 unfriend and unload on that player. I had this happened to me. I was barely ahead of my team in a shooter. The enemy saw me before I saw them and got rained on. I barely got a few shots off before being sunk.
    - Bad communication. Good example is in Chill Zone. At the start, your team can charge forward or turn around and try to go around the ice barrier. If you're fighting on which way to go, the mortars on the other team will cause a lot of damages.

There are a log more but I am tired of typing it. The bottom line is you can only win about 50% of the time. You're only proud of yourself when you win but not seeing why you lose. You're not going to reach 3000 infamy in an MK3 ship.

Please, just stop calling other people names just because you can't see your own mistakes and bad plays.

KURNI likes this.