1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How Fire Bomb needs to work to make it balanced

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Waveblower, 28 Jan 2018.

1. Sh@rp shooter

Sh@rp shooter Active Member

Lol for some seconds there the water bacame green around that poor fellow.

2. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Solid suggestion WaveB!

Perhaps a less efficient Firebomb could also shake the Cannon-meta up abit! Would be fun to see Mortars and torpedoes be a larger part of the meta again.

Waveblower and The Otherguy like this.
  3. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    BAHAHAHAHAHAH hang on, I agree that it should be nerfed but LOL he totally ate like more than half of those!
    I would be ok with a slight damage boost when hit right in the center since that's where I usually hit ships with anyway lol but the duration definitely needs a penalty the closer the target is to the edge instead of damage having a penalty. But instead of gradually decreasing, I think there should be 4 zones.
    firebomb.png
    This way, there's a nice area in the center that still has the full effect. The 75% and 50% cover most of the circle and would be fine having a smooth gradient in between them, but it instantly jumps from 50% to 25% when you just barely get hit by the edge (usually 1~5 dps or a little more for strong firebombs). A very slight damage adjustment based on impact would be fine, but only slightly since the duration will be shortened, too.

*JAWS* and Vikeshot like this.
  4. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Surprised by the reaction to this. You do realize that it accomplishes the same goal. I am ok with reducing the damage or fire duration based on distance to the center, but by changing the chance it is a less dramatic firebomb change. You still have a chance of getting full damage which can be a game changer. Grenade has a chance of catching fire, why doesn't firebomb? The longer i'm in the fire (ie. closer to the center) the higher the chance of catching fire. Seemed to make sense.

The main thing I am strongly against is how I catch fire when I am outside of the firebomb circle. Start by fixing that!

Babablacksheep likes this.
  5. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    The grenade catching fire is the same as a cannon's crit, but dealt over time. Firebomb sets you on fire every time, so this would basically make it a crit. It shouldn't be based on chance, it should be based on skill, just like a mortar. For example, the mortar's "devastating blow!" isn't based on chance either, and it'll never happen if you're near the edge. This is a much more dramatic change.

Actually, on the topic of firebomb crits I have a really dramatic change I'd like to throw out there. Should the firebomb reduce healing like the flare gun, but only if it "crits" the same way as a mortar (hit directly in the center)?

6. Lardfinnish

Lardfinnish New Member

I have heard a rumor that the proposed nerf to Firebomb well be the same nerf to Frost weapons. A hit will negate the effect.

If it is true, it is absurd that this weapon (which we lose hp boosts in mastering) will become less useful than Napalm and doesn't do, although harder to avoid, as much damage at equivalent training and levels.

If a nerf is needed, it should be addressed in the training and all fire items should receive the same whack by the nerf bat.