1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How does Matchmaking work now with 4.0?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Flint, 18 Oct 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I went back to my Speeder, which was my main. But the same thing is getting me, doing a good job, but still losing. Should I change weapons here also?

I needed the Enfo for quest, but that thjng has been ruimed by the agility update. Man what is the turret bad, really bad. That is why you hardly come across Enfos, because it is the worst biat out there now. Missed some many shots, plus the lagging and it sucks big time.

Battles are just as horrible, also because of the lagging.
    https://replay.battlebay.net/HKGTWKWT#JFTKLVCF

https://replay.battlebay.net/CLFBMRWL#JFTKLVCF

Regards,
    Flint

2. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Sorry for the wordiness .. I'm too lazy to edit it down.

I had some lag right after the update but it's settled down. It's not always perfect but it's definitely playable. You might clear your device ram (memory) to make sure it's not trying to run 15 other apps. If that's not it, it might be more of a strain on your connection. Half resolution might help. I don't think it's the server .. but I dunno

First off, you put on a clinic with that swift torp .. It's honestly fun to watch. And that's the main thing here .. if you're having fun, don't worry about the stuff out of your control.

You're going to lose around half of your matches no matter your item or skill level - everyone does. It's the game's way of balancing matches and keeping things interesting. But, by pushing that win rate from 49% to 50.1% or 50.5%, you'll slowly work your way up in infamy.

Keep in mind that if you play 10,000 games, losing 4960 and winning 5040 (or 80 more wins), that's about 1900 infamy. That's how small of a difference it is .. less than one percent of your games over a lot of matches.

Hopefully these suggestions will help with that.

1st Match:
    Speeder vs fixer team -

The reason you lost was because the fixer got off 17k in heals. That's the equivalent of 1.5-2 extra opponents. You obviously played well, and your team wasn't terrible, but that was the small difference between a win and a loss.

And, that's why those matches are harder to win.

Two things:

Target priority
    If they didn't have a fixer, you played it perfectly. You distracted opponents, laid down quite a bit of damage, and polished off the ones low in health. I couldn't have done it any better.

But ... since they had a fixer (and you didn't), he has to be your priority. Even if you can't sink him while he's surrounded by teammates, you need to keep his mind on you .. if you're hitting or harassing him, he's more focused on you than his team.

Shooters should be putting damage on the fixer as often as possible, but it's often not possible with good fixers. So they need to focus their damage on the other enemies.

The difference with speeders is you have the ability to get to the fixer when others can't. If it's not possible, focus on doing damage where you can .. but remember that in 1 fixer vs none situations, the no-fixer side's disadvantage grows with every second.

(If both sides have a fixer, you should still target the fixer but you can be a little more patient in waiting for the right moments to attack).

And, I understand that means you'll typically be doing less damage than you would if you're taking the easiest targets - but those are cases where half the damage on the right players is more important than twice the damage spread out across several targets.

Side note:
    I like your play style .. constantly harassing and distracting enemies. You're constantly exposed to the entire team but take advantage of the fact that speeders are stupid hard to hit.

But they slowly chip away at you now .. Once you get a good big shield and bandage, you'll be even more dangerous -- so definitely save those items when you see them.

The loadout:
    It's important to understand the power of fire/frost combos .. the percentage multiplier is calculated differently than normal damage perks making them far more powerful than they appear.

10 × (1.9 + .32) = 22.2 --> 8% damage perks
    10 × 1.9 × 1.78 = 33.8 --> 12% frost perks (plus crew frost talents)

You have a T4 swift torp that's doing a good deal of damage .. but it could be doing a lot more.

I understand it's difficult to use frost when your team is constantly knocking it off .. but, if you can find a way to single out opponents or get the combo off quickly, you swift torp could be probably 50% more damage with crew talents and perks.

If your base damage (with the +100) is 1500, damage perks would take it up to around 1800 (although I suspect you have a speed perk or two on it), but frost perks would take it up to 2670.

That's another 870 damage on slowed opponents .. of course it's not the easiest combo to use, especially given that you'd have to sacrifice your OB, but hitting someone for 25%+ of there health with one shot can make your impact on matches much greater.

It's the same thing with fire perks .. A normal EC is underpowered for it's cooldown, but it becomes overpowered when combo'd with fire and burning perks.

With 2-3 weapon ships, I find it far more important to maximize your weapon potential .. it may be more difficult, but the rewards are worth it.

Compared to normal damage perks, you risk doing a few hundred less damage if they're not frosted/burning .. but the benefit is several hundred more damage (with the combo).

2nd Match:

Lol .. yeah .. I didn't like that one.

If you want to play that style enforcer .. just use a shooter. You'll have more weapons and have a bigger impact.

If you want to do frost launcher and a torpedo/ball park setup, it could be fun and effective ..

Otherwise, you'll need some combination of a flare, blast cannon, grenade, and mine to make it work ..

You can play an enforcer like a defender or a speeder.. but either way, you'll need to have some serious fire combo damage to play it properly.

3. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Another random thought.

The more matches you win, the higher your player rating goes, and the more you're expected to contribute to each match.

So, with a higher rating, you'll see tougher opposition and/or have weaker teams.

It's a difficult concept to explain why that's typically a good thing - as opposed to having far more unbalanced matches (based solely on infamy) ..

But - the point - if your win rates in events are significantly higher than infamy matches, that could affect which opponents/teammates you're paired off with.

It's something to be mindful of anyways.

Oh, and playing guild quest items/ships is going to lower your win percentage.. and every little bit helps if infamy is your main goal.

Last edited: 30 Oct 2018
    YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  4. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Thanks!

I have tried everything, empty the ram, cache, resetting my modem and router, deleting other games from my tablet. But still it is lagging and shaky mostmof the time. I guess it has to do with Android 6.01 and / or my device and certainly the last 2 updates, which my devices just cannot handle properly.

And about quitting, I delete a post from myself before. Why I started a new post, I don't know. Like I said my short term memory is not always that good, due to severe health issues and too often I repeat myself over and over. If I notice it in time, I delete it myself or change some words or sentences. Like I done with the latest thread. Anyway, I should have said it differently.

Nice to hear you enjoyed the first battle and my play style! The battle with the Enfo was indeed not a good one. Some battles go really well, but others are just horrible and there are days which I better cannot play at all, because of health issues, if I do, I lose everything. That is a big struggle for me.

I play about 15 battles a day and 3 at a time, because of it. So, grinding is just not possible for me. And maybe I just should worry less about reaching 3000 Infamy, which is hard for everyone (but especially for me), and just enjoy the moment and the few battles I can play.

I have nkt figured out how to play the Enfo well. I did much better prior update, so I hardly used it right now. A bit too agile for me and I tried Shooter, but it is just not for me. I can do a lot of damage with it, but don't seem to win as much as with the Speeder.

I did well with CTF with the Speeder, never had such a good event as now. I changed my tactics and it changed so much for the better. Later during the week I saw a few people copying my tactics and that was nice to see, but made it harder to win.

Anyway, thanks again for your help!

Regards,
    Flint

5. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

Flint. I understand your frustration. I'm frequently in the position you describe (not that I' the best player or anything) to find my self asking "Alone again??".
    I get angry, I throw the tablet away, but in a sec or two, I remember all the times I rushed alone in front and got hammered or went the other way, cause I thought I'm a sneaky bastard and I will catch them while they are asleep and got full face on against five of them and so on.
    Everybody makes mistakes eventually even me (LOL).
    I pick the tablet and I ask my self "What could I do differently?". Maybe use the commands more often? maybe stick more to the team? Maybe follow the idiot that rushes from a safe distance so I can give support when he tries to run back saving him maybe?

Its too many things WE can do. Learn and evolve. Sure the game has flaws, BIG FLAWS. Sure I think most of the time THEY DONT LISTEN. But I like the game and I''l try for a while.
    In the end I hope they fix most of the flaws (fingers crossed) and as I said to another post "Devs look at the stats.If the majority of the battles is 5-0, 5-1,5-2 youre not doing a good job at matchmaking"

Flint likes this.