1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Honestly what do you do if enemy team has two mortar spammers

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Alpakaa, 8 Aug 2018.

1. Alpakaa

Alpakaa Member

Student and part-Time Alpaca
    It's kind of like floating along casually expecting a clean game with noble shots exchanged, then suddenly you find the water around you literally covered in red target marks. That's two or three mortar spammed on the enemy team.

Of course, for you to be caught out alone, then that would happen to you, so the best way that I can think of to avoid getting mortar spammed is being smart about where I position myself, being a mk4 enforcer. I run your average standard flare+blast combo, teslashield+overboost combo, and a standard shield with a turbo. Sometimes I just use two turbos because the game has never given me a powerful turbo yet or even a second rare turbo lmao.

Anyways back to positioning. So it makes sense of course, but that actually makes things difficult as well, mainly because I get a lot of my game play information from watching people in nightmare league. Up in nightmare league, there aren't any mortar spammers, let's get real. So there's no videos on how to deal with them by experienced players. So I'm kind of on my own there

Which is why I'm asking on the forums, hurrah. Specifically, the map The Foundry is kind of difficult to find a mortar free place that can still move forward to control the central area, as it is important to do on that map. Anyways , advice?

Nam_Nam and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  2. R@jith anand

R@jith anand Well-Known Member

Try to be unnoticed. As a yellow ship dont go into the open regions. Use side tunnels. It will protect u from motors.

HumpD 414 likes this.
  3. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Get a speeder, overboost, and nitro. Wee!

4. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

If there are lots of mortar spammers, charge them. By sitting back, you're letting them slowly defeat you.
    Also, Nitro is an amazing get-out-of-fire tool. If your Tesla Shield isn't very strong, I'd suggest just using OB + Nitro.
    Lastly, learn to wave-dance. Meaning... don't always fight to go up-hill on waves. Riding the waves downhill is basically a free OB, so if it's not an even worse direction, take advantage!
    Ok, really lastly last comment... learn to drive backwards. As Enforcer, your change of direction is second to none, and reverse speed in general is really good. If you approach corners in reverse, you can jam forward (or even more easily Nitro) to safety (rather than Nitro'ing into worse danger).
    Hopefully all this makes sense... Good luck!

5. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

lol, I use these tactics with speeder (especially the one with corners)
    maybe I should really upgrade my enfo ASAP as it will fit my playstyle better

my tips:
    • get closer if they are alone, you will be able to destroy them and their mortars won't be effective
    • use obstacles-go under roofs or behind tall walls, they'll protect you
    • when you can't dodge the mortar and there is only one projectile incomming, block it with your tesshield
    • it took me some time, but now I am able to engage all kinds of spammers effectively-just practice and you'll find your way of destroying them

What's Up Player likes this.
  6. EduardoMeliss

EduardoMeliss Member

hated them.

I give you a consolation, those guys with many mortars usually do not get very far with the infamy because the mortars are being left behind relatively with other weapons as you rise of infamy, it means that they lost important resources raising weapons that do not work

When I get a mortar I immediately recycle it,.
    The only respectable mortar is the Big Berta.

With a good turbo and a nitro, escape from them easily

7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

This is highly debatable. Many players swear by Ballpark mortar just for that reason: you can't escape the target. I'm of a third opinion: I can hit Speeders with a LRM. Good luck if you are a Shooter/Defender. Nitro can escape even a Sniper, so we're talking about all non-Nitro situations.

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

You can break their resolve if you are a mortar user yourself, pounding them back into a non-mortar zone. Use the mortars to direct your targets.
    If you are a speeder, you can debate the benefits of close range with them, face-to-face;)

ShipCrusherCz likes this.