1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

High trophies ships

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Kirill, 17 May 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kirill

Kirill New Member

Hello everyone!
    I am lvl14 and used to be shooter ship player. But when I look to the global ranking I see only enforcer speeder ships. Should I change my ship to? And then, I currently have mk2 shooter, but up to the mk3 dont change nothing to me(as I use double sniper and normal cannon). So what are your advices to me? Thank you so much for any answer.

2. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

I'm not very sure... But my answer would be:
    Depends on your style.

Not all top players use enforcer. In fact, a lot use speeder (e.g. Blacktail), fixer (e.g. RNG^LEONUT), defender (e.g. P0rthos), and even shooters (e.g. Christmas +)!
    Basically, if you build a great deck and play well with a certain ship, you'll find yourself sooner or later in the high leagues!

But, if you opt not for personal play style but for winning chance, I would suggest either enforcer or speeder, the 2 main speedy ships. Why? Let me show you disadvantages for other ships (in comparison to enforcer and speeder)
    Shooter -- sometimes unable to hit quick ships and gets immobilised by Telsa bolts.
    Defender -- Same reason as shooter, except it's also sometimes used as a "punchbag" for enemy players (you can't do anything but watch your HP go)
    Fixer -- having the need to heal relatively lower skilled players once reaching very high league.

Still, remember what I said before: if you build a great deck and play well with a certain ship, you'll find yourself sooner or later in the high leagues! hope all this info helps!

3. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Try out different ships and see what you like. 2 snipers and a canon are all one slot weapons so you might like the enforcer or defender. But just test and see what you like and have fun while you do it! No pressure to perform, just fun in the sun. I envy you. :):)

Nurped likes this.
  4. Captain_Perry

Indeed @P0rthos! Once your in nightmare, the competition is ON! If you try to test then, you'll most likely lose a chunk of infamy (I tried Enforcer MK6 just yesterday, and that costed me 300 infamy)
    So... Test your setups now while you can! Best of luck ;)

Golden Shooter likes this.
  5. Kirill

Kirill New Member

Thank you. I like enforcer. It seems good for me. Soon I ll get rank 3 rare cannon so when I got money for mk2 for enforcer and good equip for it I will change. But I enjoy shooter a lot. But when there is fixer in other team amd in ours no one can heal - we lose...

Captain_Perry likes this.
  6. Captain_Perry

If you wish to choose enforcer, great! I can try and give you some pros and cons of enforcer to keep you ready.

Pros:
    - Has 3 weapon slots In MK5 or above. Great for firepower
    - Combination of speeder and shooter, versatile with more agility with superior turret rotation
    - Yellow slots, which allow you to equip support items you like (there are even 3 yellow slots in MK6)
    - Can act as a semi-tank with relatively higher HP compared to other ships.
    - A technique of "dancing" can be applied with it's stats, which allows the enforcer to go quickly forward and backward at ease dodging shots, while shooting enemies down.

Cons:
    - Only maximum of 2 blue slots (even in MK6), resulting in lower HP compared to speeder of MK6 (speeders get a 3rd blue slot in MK6, which allows you to equip a big shield and drastically increase HP). If you equip shield on enforcer (with turbo), you can't heal unless there's a fixer.
    - Agility not that good (reasonable, but sometimes mobility saves the day)
    - 6 slots you need to control in MK6, might keep you really busy to pay attention to surroundings.

Sorry, but so far I'm only talking about higher tier stuff (as I am a more advanced player). Sorry about that and hope this is still useful for you! :D

7. Kirill

Kirill New Member

Thank you so much!
    I understand that you are more advanced player its ok.
    I just needed opinion about ships, because I used to play without heavy guns(2 slots) and I dont like mortars and others launchers as they cant be used when behind walls. I just confused a lot. Got epic blast cannon and triple torpedos, but I usually dont like it. I prefer kill enemy with snipers, as I got 10% crit on each, it is pretty easy(in cases when I am not on target of 2-3-4-5 of them). What I know definetly - I hate fixer and defender, 1st because I am bad support and 2nd because it toooooooo slow and turns easy to be dead vs any ship.
    Otherwise, for playing what I like I need to up 3 different captains, It spends some time you know. I do like to up 1st captain, but the game doesnt let me do it until I lvl 16 LOL. I think its need to be fixed.
    I prefer now to continue using shooter. But dont know how to be when I up it to mk3, it will be 3 slots and 5 "things" to put in. Like I now have 1 1 1 instead of 1 2 1 or smthng (because I prefer 2nd sniper rifle instead of blast cannon or torpedos) I think I am doing bad, as I cant pass 1050 trophies with mk2, sure it will be great to up mk3, but then I lose agility, mobility, and get 1 more thing to put in my 3 slots, that I am already using bad, as I said. So do you have any advice? Thank you one more time

8. Winkleberry5

Winkleberry5 Active Member

Enforcer/Speeder is definitely the best when it comes to solo play. If there ever comes a time where people can form 3-5 player fleets, that may change.
    I'm level 24
    My main ship used is the Mk4 Speeder
    I use the speeder because it allows me to get to a point on the map as quickly as possible especially if I can get to the side/behind my unfriendlys weapons. It's also good at dodging damage.

9. Kirill

Kirill New Member

Thank you. Need to try it out. Got no good equip for speeder.

10. Captain_Perry

Any advice? Hm... Not sure if I could help you though. That's because even I forgot the MK3 slots and points. :oops:
    But for now, all I can tell you is that enforcer does well with snipers. The superior turret turning speed allows even more accuracy along with sniper's quick (50) projectile. Plus as I said before, enforcers can do lots of things and use support items too. For now, if you get a 2nd yellow slot for enforcer, I would use (except for over boost as it's mostly a necessity) tesla bolt or tesla shield because tesla bolt immobilises enemies (allowing you to recharge your snipers and shoot twice at that ship) while tesla shield is more of a deterrent to ships shooting you (players tend to shoot tesla shields less as they are afraid of wasting a shot).
    By the way, since snipers are 1-slot weapons, you could place 3 snipers on an MK5 enforcer! Imagine all 3 crit on a ship... (?There are old players that use this strategy)
    For speeder, it's also great with sniper (for sudden attacks as @Winkleberry5 said), but then you could use more supporting items. For more info, you could ask me as you wish. ;)

Winkleberry5 likes this.
  11. Kirill

Kirill New Member

Hey. Thanks. Just earned money to bue enforcer or speeder mk2. But I dont have equip for it. Thinking about donating 20$ and open 7 chests. Do you think it worth?

12. Captain_Perry

Sure, if you want. Opening boxes are always worth it. :p
    ***Keep in mind I am not encouraging you to spend more. The choice is still yours. I am only telling you what is best to invest in.
    But if you want to get the most, I would suggest to donate a little bit more and purchase the 10X premium chest box (the one for 3900 pearls). Despite people saying that the rewards are underwhelming, it is still the best value pack out there. You get a garunteed epic and a legendary piece, but who knows where luck would take you? o_O (Charlotte douche, aka Flying Douche Man, got 3 epics from that box)
    Still, be ready to not get what you want to avoid disappointment.
    Good luck if you really would like to purchase that box! ;)

13. Malon

Malon New Member

just to add my interrogation
    i get my speeder mk3, i like the idea of be a sniper !
    was thinking of the best setup what i have :

cannon blue lvl 10
    blast epic lvl 4
    sniper green lvl 15

overboost blue lvl 10
    nitroboost blue lvl 8
    tesla epic lvl 1

Turbo epic lvl 3

Should i use tesla or only keep Overboost and Nitro for maximum mobility ?

and as weapon i use cannon + blast. or something else ?

I am atm around 1000/1100 as solo play.

====

in other hand can a shooter mk3 with Big Torpedo / rail gun / Mine or Sniper deal better than my speeder setup ?

Thx for answers!