1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Here are Some Things to Add I think most Lethal Ships will Agree with.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by The One, 11 Apr 2018.

1. The One

The One New Member

Here are a few things most Lethal ships would agree will make a difference when it comes to a conversation about a ships skill level. This is all about bragging rights as well as putting into a spectrum more then just basic useless stats such as infamy or number of kills per game. I think we can also all agree that number of wins stat can be taken off right away and replaced. Every one's at 50% we get it.

1. Add Hit to Miss ratio per shot fired.
    2. Only have the "5000"/5000 hp visible on all ships.
    3. Add average dmg per game stat.
    4. Have Use of Communications be counted for rewards at the end of battle.
    5. When Blocking someone it should be done both ways.
    6. Add amount of dmg taken by a shield on achievement for Yellow ships.
    7. A healer can stun, nitro, overboost BUT CANNOT SHIELD?

There are ships who truly believe that a higher infamy means a better player. In general term yes, but on an individualistic term not so much.

1. Add Hit to Miss ratio per shot fired. The lethality of a ship is not just the weapons, but how effective ones hit ratio is. It'd be cool to have a breakdown of past 100/1000/10000 games ratios. This will put a score on a ships aiming skill level. I think we can all agree that a ship at 4500 Inf with T5 Legs Weapons doesn't make that a more skilled player then similar ship at 3500. A Hit/Miss percentage per shot fired stat would be nice to see and try to improve ones own aiming.

2. Only have the "5000"/5000 hp visible on all ships. Having both whats left and out of what hp points is a dead giveaway to target the weaker ships when ship is not visible yet. The sniper being such a high crit weapon. Its easy to target a fixer by targetting the ship with the lower hps with sniper or lrm shots. It also makes it easy for a stronger ship to prey and attack a weaker ship. Knowing how much hp the enemy shooter started with will let me know if battling mk5 or mk6. And if the ships weaker it makes for stronger ships to be overly aggressive when normally if faced against a ship of its own stripes it wouldn't.

3. Add average dmg per game. Dmg per 100/1000/10000 games. This will show consistency of a captains lethality. Its easy to do 40k damage once in a while. And then do low damage the rest of the while. Lets see what a ships average damage per game is and based on its weapons we can evaluate a ships effectiveness on water. (For healers average heals per game)

4. Have Use of Communications be counted for rewards at the end of battle. It still baffles me that in a game of 5v5 teams. Almost 70-80% of ships do not communicate while in battle. On all levels, especially at Nightmare levels. The few times I asked I would always always get the usual "we're so good we don't need to talk" bs. So many games are lost on lack of communication. Ships dont focus-fire. Ships in danger die off in a corner right behind you. But they never SOS, so no one knows until it's oo late. Being able to communicate and multitask to help coordinate a team to win should be rewarded. The chat while battle should also be moved up a little so that the joystick doesnt hide the Comms Screen.

5. When Blocking someone it should be done both ways. If i block a ship on Chat i cannot see their chat. But they can see mine? Hense tagging and keep causing drama. If block. It should block me from seeing them, and them from seeing me.

6. Add amount of dmg taken by a shield on achievement for Yellow ships. This is all for the bubble wrappers out there no disrespect. But it would be cool to see how much dmg hitpoints a players shield has taken over its lifetime.

7. A healer can stun, nitro, overboost BUT CANNOT SHIELD? Why not? Make the yellow slot at mk6 level worth 2. Give fixer the ability to not only heal but protect himself and his team with a shield. If the shield goes down and fixer is being focus fired it will be over quick. But with a shield fixer can defend itself from speeders and truly be a saver by protecting dying ships.

The first 3 adds will definitely start a new paradigm and feel when it comes to conversations about a players skill level and lethality when skating on water. Infamy is a good metric. But it cannot be the only means of recording a ships abilities.

Please don't turn this thread into a "triple tape sucks it should be banned convo", but here's my list of adds to try to really understand a ships skill level with added metrics. If you guys have any ideas lets hear it.

2. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I agree with all of your ideas except for 4,6,7
    If we had rewards for communication, people would spam the chat and it really would be annoying. The damage soaken up by Tesla shields wouldn’t do much, pretty much no one uses shield except for enforcer anyway. I also disagree with the “fixer needs more yellow slot points” idea because it is supposed to be a healing ship and it’s already pretty powerful. All the other ideas are great!

Btw, TRIPLE DUCT TAPE SHOULD BE BANNED! BAN ALL SELFISH FIXERS!

3. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

More stats would be amazing, even if its only for personal use (I couldnt care less what hit % player x has with weapon y). But being able to see my own damage/game with the various weapons would be nice.

5. Just no, you dont get to control what others want to read.

6. Tesla Shield on Fixer is an old wet dream of mine. Would be amazing to have a Shield to use for protecting dying teammate while you heal him back up.

/How did Duct Tape make its way into this convo? :)

4. The One

The One New Member

Tag anyone you know. I want to get this convo heated as some points on here,if implemented, would be awesome.
    I agree that the commands thing would get spammed.
    As for the shield. The higher you get in inf youll see shield being used very often by the Yellows. The thop tier global players all use shields and sometimes dbl shields, which is very menacing.
    The shield hitpoints would be to track a captains own ships achievement as we have with weapons to track dmg points.
    Another ad on woukd be to track amounts a yellow even stunned an opponent for. Woukd be awesome to see someone at YSL level stun opponents for 16 hrs total in 1000 games lol.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. The One

The One New Member

Tag anyone you know who would be interested in seeing some of these points made true.
    The stats things should already be there in achievement for captain to view. If i was to guess i think in the past 1000 games i would be as at 12k per game. But id love to see the real numbers that can be implemented very easily by devs.
    Agreed for 5.
    I've always never understood that. As a part-time healer it only made sense to have that choice. We use 3 of the 4 yellow equipment. Mk6 Healer start yellow item 1 slot worth 2 points. Fixer can only choose to equip one of the 4. Shield has great advantages. But on a fixer it is minute. Once the shield is shot down fixer is sitting duck for game. Itll be advantageous to swoop in on a dying shooter and shield him while healing. Or seeing a speeder zooming towards you and you can engage the shield to cover him.

Fck the ductapes!! Miku go back to BB, dont listen to these ppl. You were the best tritape on water.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. The One

The One New Member

@TheAntiSnipe stop liking comments and weigh in on these points :)

What do you think?

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I was at the college actually, so I just liked it.

Anyway, I agree with everything! This will make it hard for the punks with legendaries to share profiles tho;)

Also, I did not get no.2, please explain!

Finally, I think fixers getting an extra yellow point at mk6 is something the fixers in question should look at.

The One likes this.
  8. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Triple duct tape fixer is annoying! I went against a MK6 the other day and it aniliated our team. #BANTHESELFISHFIXER

9. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Targeting the weaker ship is called "strategy." Also, hitpoints can sometimes be misleading. For example, there can be a mk4 shooter with tier 5 big shield and an mk 5 shooter with no shield. Also, then how will fixer's know which ships to heal? And how will you know how much health you have?

Miathan and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

If that's how it is, then I disagree here. Much of my assassination depends on this.

11. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    I find the current system quite ok. This way people would have an idea of how much health you have just by glancing at the bar without having to read the numbers.

Oh no no no. We don't need more in-battle chat spammers around.

I want to be able to taunt someone while blocking them, so no :p

For the rest I'm kind of ok

12. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

2. No, or make it a toggle feature. For a non-fixer, it's whether or not you care to see who is in need the most and who you can support. If you don't know how much HP they've lost, you don't know whether they're getting chewed or not. For a fixer, this is mandatory to know who to prioritise healing i.e. Friendly a) may have 4k HP, that's also their cap. Friendly b) has 4k, their cap is actually 8k, you wouldn't know. A solution is to remove the visibility of the number for the unfriendlies but leave the bar in.

4. The fact that teams can't work together to get max rewards as it is, this wouldn't make any difference. That and you can spam for the joy of it.

The rest would be whatever floats your boat :)

13. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I disagree with nearly everything. Only point 1 is fine. Point 7 is an interesting one, but I think it would not matter. With the current state of Tesla Shield, I would not equip it, because of the risk of getting stunned due to shield break. On a fixer being stunned can be disastrous because teammates might die while you can't heal.

Scourge Argaen and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  14. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

I like for most of the idea except number 2 & 4.

This will likely bring problem of chat spam during battle

This idea could be added for yellow weapon achievement. Red and green item have weapon achievement reward while yellow doesnt. At least yellow item like, tesla bolt, tesla tesla shield. But to be fair tesla thield will only be count for achievement when taking damage from protecting teammates not for yourself.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

IMO this one should be from the previous last season, because if the stats is from when you start your BB carer, it will count the stat when still have low level item, untrained crew talent, and low level skill yet. Thus it will undervalue your overall current skill.

16. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    As a fixer I don't think we need tesla shields, I would rather have more hp or agility.

17. TheAntiSnipe

Daaaaaaamn, this thread is still alive? xD

18. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Oops, sorry I necroed :(

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

Lol, i didnt realize this is a thread from a few months back

TheAntiSnipe likes this.