1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with MK5 Shooter setup

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by darryl, 7 Dec 2017.

1. darryl

darryl New Member

BB.jpg

I've been stuck between 1400 and 1800 infamy for awhile now, looking to get over the hump. Definitely keeping the BP mortar, turbo and sniper, also like the cannon but am open to changes. The berta seems to miss too often to make it worth while, I'm not great at aiming the torp either. I have enough parts to get my turbo, big shield and sniper to t5 as soon as I get more levels.
    I also have enough parts to eventually get the long range mortar and firebomb to t5.

Any suggestions would be great.

2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Ditch Standard cannon.

Disguised likes this.
  3. darryl

darryl New Member

What should I replace it with?

4. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Probably grenade or blast cannon. :) Something to fend off speeders, so not LRM or Swift torp. Unless you're good with torps.
    When you have so many items, it would take 5*2.5=12.5 sec to fire all items. So a low cooldown item like Cannon is wasted. :)

vis1234567899 likes this.
  5. DrLuigiPhd

DrLuigiPhd Active Member

Shooter benefits from having 5 slots so you should run 5 weapons with higher burst dmg and longer cooldown. Who cares if your railgun takes 20sec to recharge if you have 4 other guns to shooter. Have weapons for short and long range and at least one cannon if not 2 for dealing with speeders.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I never liked BPM and BB is hard to hit, as you mention. I like LRM because of it's combination of range and shorter cooldown. Sniper is iffy, I tend to switch between it and standard canon depending upon how I feel. You will definitely want EX canon or Blast Canon for bigger damage. Grenade is nice if you level it up. Railgun is iffy... not good short range, and waves eat it half the time long range. Firebomb could be useful with fire perks on your canons. Ultimately it is what you feel more effective with, so keep trying until you find an effective combo.

7. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

With what you have, I’d do:

1- Scrap training cannon and put another sniper on it;
    2 - Scrap grenade, rare mortar and napalm.

3 - Focus on shield and turoo crew member to update, also perks. Try to use guild raffle more often when you see a RARE or EPIC perk that you need to improve speed, defense or damage.

What you need is an epic sniper, blast or bc, or any item that would evolve any weapon you already use. I’m not a mortar user, so.. id funny to me to say anything about it. But I don’t see any top player shooter with two mortars. Search 50 firsts.

As I see you have two ways to reach a fire combo, or with flare or with fire bomb. It’s up to you. I’d suggest get that rare fire bomb to T5 and also your torpedo to T4. Fire bomb can reach places that a simple flare gun shot can’t, it can define matches sometimes (win or lose).

You can Scrap most things there that you don’t use to gain WHAT YOU NEED. You are very close to almost double your infamy if you make the right choices.

8. Jujujuan

Jujujuan Active Member

As mortar user i should say that the Big B is useless after 2k infamy. Replace it for Fire bomb. Keep that SC to complete missions but try to get another sniper.

The Otherguy and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

I disagree, I’m 2k+ infamy with tier v rare B.B. and she smashes 1515 damage! As long as you lead your mortar shots, it’s an amazing weapon (as are most when you lead your shots effectively!) :cool:

Disguised likes this.
  10. Jujujuan

Jujujuan Active Member

3300 infamy here. Disagree what u want.

11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

It's useless unless you have a pocket enfo running support for you, and nobody is in the way or firing. Which is NEVER. xD.

12. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Don't scrap grenade. You may use it later on other setups or other ships.

13. craz¥burd

It’s not a competition, I was having an opinion. It is allowed :eek:
    Oh and you quoted being at ‘2k infamy’, which is what I am, unlike you.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. Jujujuan

Jujujuan Active Member

:D

15. Jujujuan

Jujujuan Active Member

"Big B is useless after 2k infamy" didn't want to be mean or make an infamy contest.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  16. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Why are those beaitful firebombs resting in inventory,Use them over The berta.It will also enhance your canon.

Other than that everything is quite good on your ship.If i compare my ship to yours its will be almost same mixture of Class of weapons(3.4k infamy Rail,Sniper,Swift T,LRM and FB)

The Otherguy likes this.
  17. craz¥burd

Ok. But I still use BB at 2880 infamy, and love her, you can’t make me part with her! :rolleyes::p

The Otherguy likes this.
  18. darryl

darryl New Member

Thanks for the input. So far I've gotten the Firebomb almost to T4 and swapped it in for the BB, just need some perks for it now. I'm going to level my BC a bit more before swapping it in for the standard cannon. So far infamy has held steady at about 1700 which is nice as I learn the new weapons. I haven't scrapped anything yet just in case.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.