1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Quests Rework

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Trium, 25 Jan 2018.

1. Trium

Trium Active Member

Right now we have quests for different types of ships and weapons. Quite often nobody uses some types of weapons, and here is what we have to do:
    - we buy green and grey item from the shop, up it to level 10 and trying to win battles with it (playing on 2000+ infamy)

It is hard and long process, we lose a lot of infamy, as well as our unlucky teammates. But this is the only way we can complete this quest.

Why not to transform this pain into a fun game mechanic?

It would be really great, if the following would apply:
    - When player has active guild quest for specific type of weapon, he can buy an appropriate grey item level one from the shop, and in the game, its stats will be equal to players best weapon rarity and level. So if I have purple cannon level 30, grey quest weapon will be considered purple and level 30. Without any percs.
    - When the quest is done, this buff will no longer appear, so it won't be possible to abuse the system.

This will allow everyone to contribute to the guild quest and not being mad about this.
    This will stimulate everyone to gain higher quest decks. (cause they will able to use boosted quest weapons not for 30k damage, but for 400k, for example)
    Also it will be fun to try yourself playing with new weapons (not the grey ones with almost zero damage).
    Everyone will try his best doing quests, because it is interesting.

This minor change might make the whole guild competition system awesome.

Same things may be applied to the ships (but it is harder to realize, and is not that urgent problem)
    What IS another real problem - fleet quests. For most players they are inconvenient. The solution may be the following: during fleet, quest progress is x2-3. And of course increase the quest requirement. That is it. Now everyone will able to do quest even if they can't fleet, but if it is possible for them, they will definitely fleet for faster results.

/Discuss

2. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Certainly one of the more interesting ideas for fixing this, but sadly people would only then need to level one weapon which is not what the Devs want. They want you to feel the itch and pressure and spend $. MOAR LEVELING!

I am sure if you changed your idea to say that for 50 pearls, you could "warp" an item of your choice for 24 hours, Rovio might bite. That would help things but again, mostly for deep pockets and not the common player.

Based on other thread discussions, I still think the best idea is to move from specific weapon quests and make them categories (mortar, torp, long range, etc.) giving people more options to complete it. We can still have a few specific ones to keep it interesting.

3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It would be cool if guild quests were a way to earn weapons. For example every time your guild completed a weapon quest, the top (or top three) contributors earn a weapon duplicate, of that type.

Easy board = Common
    Medium = Uncommon
    Hard = Rare
    Very Hard = Epic
    Impossible = Epic (or Leg Piece)

It might not have an impact right away. But after a few weeks, it will mean that the people who keep contributing to weapon quests, will at least be able to build good versions of those weapons.

BattleRascal, Trium and benguin8 like this.
  4. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

@ViscountSniffit Terrific plan for Rovio! (although branching off the OP a tad, but related). It would promote using boosts too since it would not just be for bragging rights. I would recommend that it would be related to completing the whole board, not just the specific weapon quest. Also everyone on the team would get a random item. So complete board 1, each person gets 12k tokens and a random common, and so on. Teams might contribute more to pushing for those weekly items. You are talking 1 a week, since rivalries take 7 days to complete. Many times we are in the lead and then hold off on boosts for the next rivalry. It might also promote consolidating guilds so that you can reach higher boards.

5. Trium

Trium Active Member

It is possible to adjust this mechanic, so that people would still need to level up their weapons.

Like:
    - quest weapons can't be fitted with perks
    - quest weapons are not affected with trained skills
    - quest weapon it one tier below your max weapon
    - etc etc etc

The main idea is to move away from haveing quests, which you can complete by only buying grey/green item from the shop.

Another solution may be the following - first sample of any weapon doesn't take any place in your inventory. All duplicates do.
    In this way we would able to store all kinds of weapons in our bag, upgrade them and use in battles.

Good idea!

I would make it in the following way: the higher your contribution to the quest board, the higher you chance to randomly get an item :)

6. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

+ 1 for Guild Quest rewards for top 3 contributors.
    I don't think they will give Epic and Rare WEAPONS or Legendary pieces. That will throw off the "game economy".
    But how about
    Easy Board: Common Parts given
    Medium Board: Uncommon Parts and a RARE piece for 1st place
    Hard: Rare Parts & Power Cells and an EPIC piece for 1st place
    Very Hard: Epic Parts and Power Cells and 2 EPIC Pieces for 1st Place
    Impossible: Legendary Part and Power Cell and 3 Epic Pieces for 1st place

A little incentive to finish in top 3 would make the quests more fun, rather than a grind.
    Fun = PLAY the game more
    Play the game more = MORE ads watched and VIPS subs sold

7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Base contributions on what, broken trophy count? We need to start by getting that fixed.

benguin8 likes this.
  8. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Yes, the trophy count is a mess, I can't use is to gauge my guild members contributions, so it's a worthless statistic. It NEEDS to be fixed on the next update.
    But I was referring to a reward for contribution for EACH individual quest on each board. So it would be easy to rank the top 3 contributors to each guild quest, since it wouldn't carryover between different board difficulty levels.

9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Individual quests are properly sorted by contribution as it is, and rewards are extra tokens. I don't see a need for more rewards than that. At end of season? Sure... but the prerequisite to that requires fixing the contribution metric (trophies).

Last edited: 29 Jan 2018
  10. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Trophies gained based on the # of wins, or amount of dmg/ healing/ kills you contribute.
    Someone who finishes board 1 quest all by themselves receives same trophy amount as someone who contributed the same amount of dmg/healing/kills/wins on board 5.

11. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

In generally I'm HUGELY supportive of any idea which scales rewards with level & skill. So yes, big thumbs up.

That being said, I cannot really imagine anyone being motivated to do anything for a random common item. Nor can I imagine an uncommon item being motivational.... not even down at 500 infamy. So maybe start at rares but scale the chance to get one upwards????

Easy = 33% chance of rare
    Medium = 66% chance of rare
    Hard = Rare
    Very Hard = Epic
    Impossible = Epic (or leg piece)

Alternately, I find blue parts an ever-present problem so easy could be 200 parts and medium 400 or something like that.

12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

That’s a fair point, I really just added the commons and uncommons for continuity. Remember, you can scrap them for a chance of a rare piece, so they do still help you build towards better weapons.

The first two boards are very easy, and you already get 12k tokens reward, which should be motivation enough.

My suggestion wasn’t so much to motivate people, as to help questers to build weapons appropriate for thier level, so they stop annoying the rest of us by joining battles underequiped.