1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Quest Exploit

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Stebbi, 9 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Simple solutions to prevent guild hopping:
    1.) Guild Lock - If a player leaves a guild, they will be locked out of joining another guild for the next 24hrs.

2.) Guild Loyalty System - Design a reward system to players who are loyal to their guild. For example: # of days logged in to the game. # of days loyal to the guild.

Things new guild feature is doing right:
    1.) Promoting guild team work.
    2.) Ship diversity. Finally seeing more types of ships like enforcers and defenders. They're finally more desirable.
    3.) Playing to win insteading of paying to win. Players are playing harder to acquire higher level gears to win more.

TheFixer27 and zhinji like this.
  2. zhinji

zhinji Member

No hacks was done , jumping from one guild to another does not violate any rules?
    No 3rd party software was used . It should not be even called an exploit it was simple a WORK AROUND clearly some of the people here does not really know what an exploit is .

TUT MIR LEID, pdcpdc and H.A.D.E.S like this.
  3. zhinji

zhinji Member

They did not even modify the game ... so why was it called exploit ? In the first place ?

TUT MIR LEID and pdcpdc like this.
  4. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

It being oversight on the devs' part does not make it OK. Devs are human beings, they too can make mistakes. That doesn't mean you should abuse their mistakes for your personal benefit, to the detriment of the game as a whole.

Rovio owns the game and everything in it. They can punish you for any reason, or for no reason at all.

Sigh. Stop trying to justify bad behaviour. There is no link between the game being about fighting and exploiting somehow being OK. You don't know what morality is about if you think that. And whether it's cheating is irrelevant (though there is definitely an argument to be made that it is). Exploiting is worthy of punishment in itself, regardless of what you call it.

Ignored it? More like didn't implement their fix yet. It can take longer than a few days, you know.

BEN, TheCrisco and Dobson like this.
  5. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

exploit in this context is defined as
    1. (computing) A program or technique that exploits a vulnerability in other software.
    so in that case, i did not use an exploit... i did not use a program nor did i use a technique outside the software or in this case, the game. i just used what was already allowed in the first place. "Exploiting" is totally different from an exploit, do you agree?

anyway, i had my fun with it for a bit, if the devs think i was wrong to take advantage of their mistake, then so be it... like i said, i'm prepared for whatever consequence as long as it is fair to everyone. i did chat with someone from Rovio and asks when they were going to fix it so i was pretty open about it.

Thank you for restraining yourself from name-calling and other stuff, i know i'm putting myself out on a limb here being open about what happened. Appreciate the discussion/debate.

Let's leave it to the devs... may they make this a better game moving forward...

Cheers!

6. Arrow-->

Arrow--> Member

yeah I was wondering why you still haven't come up with your extra smart response.

7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I don’t agree. The oversight could certainly be considered a vulnerability in the system, and you employed a technique to exploit that vulnerability (repeatedly leaving and rejoining guilds).

For what it’s worth... I don’t think badly of you for doing it, and I don’t especially want to see you ‘punished’. I just don’t think you should be permitted to gain a significant advantage from what you did, as that would be unfair on other users. I hope you can appreciate that.

That’s like saying “It wasn’t rape, it was SURPRISE SEX”. You can’t just get around the rules by employing synonyms.

Dobson, Ian, TheCrisco and 1 other person like this.
  8. yellowocean

9. yellowocean

your analogy is absolutely out of context...

10. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

"Let's punish the players for our mistake and lack of testing! That'll show them!" - Rovio devs probably

11. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

They're not punishing players for their mistake, they're punishing them for the abuse of that mistake. But it's too early to start whining about that anyway, because nothing has been said about a punishment. Only that the issue "will be dealt with in due time".

12. yellowocean

Agreed... i've said my piece... i know you don't agree with most of what i've said... let the devs decide.

H.A.D.E.S and Arrow--> like this.
  13. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Hey everyone -

thanks for the lively discussion!

I will close this thread now as we understand what is important to you and feel further discussion does not bring more value to the table.

As soon as we have new information we will of course keep you up-to-date.

Nikkie!, AVID, NightXO and 16 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.