1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Quest Exploit

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Stebbi, 9 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

He's just trolling. Look at his post in general subforum lol

2. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I guess maybe, but I think his logic is just a little faulty. Robbery and misdemeanors aren't treated the same lol

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Like comparing robbing a bank rather than working to riding a bike rather than walking

4. Jin

Jin New Member

In this case I am seeing this message that about using Loophole........... That means particularly our guild or u have written in general

5. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

Hi Battlebay / Rovio

The line HAS been drawn after this announcement, players who choose to ignore this deserves to get punished. For those who did their exploits BEFORE this announcement should not be penalized whatsoever. Why? it was all in the rules of the game. nobody "cheated" or hacked the system or took advantage of a bug. it was simply a oversight on the devs' part not to have anticipated this "clever" ploy the exploiters used to get more rewards. The devs failed to put in place certain mechanics to discourage guild hopping as well as to discourage the use of "baby" accounts to finish quests faster. The need to recruit specialized players using specific weapons in order to complete a board was also an oversight - this is what actually led players to discovering the guild-hopping loophole in the first place.

Rovio has to be careful in how they proceed with this matter... there is no moral compass to talk about here... nobody did anything "illegal". taking away items from the exploiters may be a moral move but is it also legal? if they do then Rovio should anticipate refunds and probably even lawsuits. Probably the majority of people outside of the battlebay community can come in and analyze the situation would conclude that this exploit was a mistake on the devs part and they have no right to punish anybody who exploited it... at least until before this announcement that is.

Now as for me, yes, i did participate in the guild-hopping for a bit (for those who are wondering if i did or did not participate). now am i a person of low moral character after doing this? i think not, first of all, this is a game. A game that encourages players to "destroy" our "unfriends", it promotes violence and destruction so please, let's just take out the "morality" angle on this issue. So did I cheat? Hell NO, I didn't do any hacks nor anything illegal. Did I "exploit"? Hell YES, but i did so to "use for one's own advantage", i did not "forcibly deprive someone or something for which he/she has a natural right". Did I do anything unfair to everyone else? NO, everyone had the option to do the what i did, i did not deprive anyone from exploiting the loophole. i took advantage of an opportunity that allowed me to gain more through totally legal means.

Let's just face the fact that the devs made a blunder and accidentally gave everyone a free bazaar of sorts. They should just own up to it, fix it asap, and maybe even make it a periodic event to entice more players to join the community - now that is an awesome idea!... And besides, when i made a posts about guild quests, i specifically suggested safeguards against exactly this scenario from happening (guild-hopping, mini-accounts). It's not my fault they ignored it.

So please, to anyone who wants to argue against my perspective, please do so with respect and decency because i will be anticipating some heavy responses after i post this.

Cheers!!!

6. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
  7. Charlotte Douche

Charlotte Douche Well-Known Member

ummmmmm let see How ROVIO deal with exploiter . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    U could say its DEV fault and exploit the system [Equivalent to not cheating from this perspective].
    But exploiting Known Bug or Loop Hole is also known as CHEATING [Doing it one time is fine BUT doing it repeatedly is CHEATING].
    Conscious & Intention exploiter must be punished.
    FYI : Bug exploit & CHEATING in other game ? [PERMANENT BAN]

8. yellowocean

Cheating is when you get an unfair advantage on everyone else (like when you ask an opponent to intentionally lose the game so you can win)... i did not, everyone was entitled to that opportunity. cheating is when you violate rules in order to gain advantage of a situation - what rule did we violate? there was no rule against guild hopping nor was there a rule against making new guilds nor was there a rule against making mini accounts.

Cheating is an act of deception, trickery, fraud, imposture or imposition - none of this defines what i did.

Cheers!

9. yellowocean

and FYI: this is a not BUG exploit and once again, i did not cheat... get your facts straight please before commenting... and technically, it's not a loophole (which is defined as an ambiguity or exception in a rule that can be exploited in order to avoid its effect)... the only clear rule after the guild quests rolled out was "join a guild to participate in guild quest to earn bonus rewards"... once again, the onus was on the devs to have clearly defined rule(s) and the made the game's system to support those rule(s). Other rule of the game is, if you haven't caught on yet, is to play to win at all times. (that's why seal clubbers got punished, that's why infamy boosters got punished 'cause they ask other players to lose for them).

10. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

There is a principle in law: “ignorantia juris non excusat”, it means ignorance is no excuse. The principle holds that a person who claims to be ignorant of a law, may not escape liability for breaking it, just because they were unaware of its content. If you aren’t sure whether something is allowed, the sensible course of action would be to not do it.

You say everyone was free to abuse this exploit, but that isn’t true. Many people saw it, saw that it was clearly an error, and reasoned that it was ‘probably’ against the rules, and would be considered cheating, and potentially lead to a ban.

Of course, there were also a few greedy chancers who decided to abuse it as much as possible because “no one told me I couldn’t”. That’s BS, it was obviously ‘questionable’ behaviour at the very least, which should have dissuaded you from engaging in it. You decided to take the risk, so that’s on you, you should take the consequences.

Regarding lawsuits against Rovio for taking away ‘stuff that you got by cheating’; I know you’ve asked people to be respectful in their response to you, so ‘respectfully’...

FD78FF0C-1A65-42F2-BE87-FEDB35322D57.jpeg

11. AoiTenshi

AoiTenshi Member

Lets reduce guild quest just once per week, so we can take break for while :D

12. Charlotte Douche

I didnt refer to u lol, im just replying to the thread. I don't care if u cheat or not, i'm not he one that decide, i even wonder why people begin to justify about that stuff.

Last edited: 10 Oct 2017
    Bradley Thorinsson likes this.
  13. Arrow-->

Arrow--> Member

There was no law in place so I wont waste my time reading your entire post.

14. yellowocean

the simple matter of fact here is that prior to the announcement, there was no law against what we did... we weren't ignorant, there just wasn't any law or rule against it... so you're argument is moot from the start. yes, many people saw it, many people chose to ignore it, yet many also chose to do it. i didn't go crazy with it but yes, i did it. Once again, it was not cheating.

Arrow--> likes this.
  15. ViscountSniffit

That’s where you are wrong, Rovio almost certainly has terms of service where they reserve the right to ban whomever they want for whatever they deem to be cheating. They don’t need to tell you about it. It’s your responsibility to not do things that might be considered cheating.

TheCrisco and AVID like this.
  16. Charlotte Douche

Exactly, they have their rules & criteria what is consider cheat & not, all we do is wait for the result.

17. Ravindra Singh

Ravindra Singh New Member

18. yellowocean

can 1 of you please post a statement in the EULA that clearly defines what the exploiters did as cheating? if so, please post and i'll shut up with this argument and let you guys have this one... otherwise, please use the term exploiters until proven otherwise...

19. Ravindra Singh

Ravindra Singh New Member

H
    Hello.. hope soon u will resolve the problem(s) my infamy was 2268 two days before.. and now I am below 1000 and not able to cross it... my hits damages even not showing... getting nothing... what type of team selection it is... we r serious sincere and I think very good player but we don't spend money for weapons. I reached 2268 by hard work but it's ur strategy or what... now u can see where I am... please do correction in team selection... we r not VIP but we are also gamers.. respect us... or just say u want money otherwise don't play..
    One more thing do change in guild quest.. give realistic tasks.. according to guild.. it's very difficult to kill with napalm.. and above that if u done that but loose the match... then bullshit..
    Make it damage instead of kill and like this task correct other also... otherwise in few weeks no one intrested in guild quest.
    Thanks .. hope u take it in positive way

20. ViscountSniffit

This is taken directly from the EULA

“You may not use cheats, hacks, mods, exploits, or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Service.”

There are other clauses that may also apply.

Dobson and FearsomeChicken like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.