1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Quest Exploit

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Stebbi, 9 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

It's almost as if you say you have an unwaivering moral compass and you knew right from the start that you wouldn't be tempted to do the same. Don't just take the high ground and look down on me for doing it.

Our guild was active as ever and the ironic thing was that people not normally friends would band together to help each other farm. I had loads of fun while doing it, it felt good because I actually saw how I can be better at this game and finally improved on items that there's no possible way I would receive within reason. Possible items I received from raffles directly compared to previous items that involved waiting for months on end that resulted in absolutely junk from the months prior. That's enough reason for me to take that risk. Quite frankly, I don't need to justify my actions to the lIkes of you.

Whatever the outcome, I hope Rovio learns from this and make this a better game. That's the bottom line I'm trying to make.

Last edited: 10 Oct 2017
  2. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Joeyaa's moral compas doesn't work 100%. Before the update he was bragging about using his lower lvl ship with common items. When I tried to explain to him why this would ruin the fun of his teammates, he just started insulting me. After that he continued harassing me in other topics or calling me out in other topics wich had nothing to do with that subject. And after that he said something about how I'm dumb and stupid, and then he put me on the ignore list because I'm a waste of his time

So when it comes to morals, Joeyaa isn't one to talk, you shouldn't take him seriously whenever he starts talking about morals.

Last edited: 10 Oct 2017
  3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I actually did find out about it when everybody started doing it. Was offered to join in on some discord groups doing this exploit. I will admit I didn't know how big the exploit was but that would have made my choice easier to decline, because of common sense knowing it wasn't intended by Rovio and there would not be a good outcome for the exploiters. Why should I risk my account for a few days of legendaries? Not really worth it to me. I still have intentions to play the game for a while especially now that Rovio has offered us a way to earn nice rewards.

I do look down on many for doing this, especially the players who label themselves as f2p or low spending players, because exploiting gets you an upper advantage on the fairplay f2p community which is no different than the players who spend to get the upper hand.

Just how I look at this situation and you're right, you don't need to explain yourself to me

4. Casstiiel

Casstiiel New Member

Exactly this. Guild control is a most, just make that you cant get rewards within the first few days in a guild, if you join and like it, contribute with your now new guildmates, next board you gonna get rewarded.

SirElyk likes this.
  5. Joey who

The next board thing wouldn't be a fix. Because you could join guilds which are ending. There would have to be a certain amount of time when joining or starting a new guild. What I suggested was a 72 hour wait time when joining a guild to start participating and earning rewards and a 72 hour guild event start time when creating a new guild.

6. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Any cool down for leaving a guild is a relatively low level fix that introduced other issues for players to restict movement from guilds(this is a problem for leather guild alliances) to move about or restrict their ability to contribute to a guild(not quests).

Rather, the game should keep track of how many quests you have received rewards from at which boards(per season). That's it, you cannot receive the same board level /quests again and they remained greyed out for going to a guild that does not have those boards completed.

7. Arrow-->

Arrow--> Member

Sorry haters, I saw this as an arbitrage opportunity and took advatage of it. Clearly devs failed to communicate with the community or fix the issue in due time.

Even today nothing has been done (not even freezing the server for the guild quests).

Well the point is I have never seen anyone going to jail or being punished for taking advatage of an arbitrage opportunity. Players were “clever” true but can the same be said about devs? Maybe not

Cheers & peace out!

8. Joey who

That's a good idea aswell. Do all guild event seasons start at same time for all guilds or different for when you create a new guild?

9. Joey who

You saw an unintentional error that allowed you to exploit the system for your own personal gains. Knowing an error like that would be fixed soon you decided to get what you could from it before then. It's like if an ATM machine starts spewing out money and you decide to take what's not yours before the machine is fixed. You know it's wrong

Mr. Chompers and Kitterini like this.
  10. Arrow-->

Arrow--> Member

Oh yeah I did SO WHAT? I took the opportunity of developers ignorance why not frame it in that way?

However I do believe that people who do it after the devs have announced should be punished. Now that the line has been drawn im following it & everyone should!

yellowocean likes this.
  11. Joey who

There is something called common sense that would have told you it was a wrong thing to do. I am hoping Rovio doesn't punish the exploiters with a ban but all the items they won from raffles are taken away

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  12. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    The wikipedia sums up this debate well (LINK)
    "Exploits have been classified as a form of cheating; however, the precise determination of what is or is not considered an exploit can be controversial. This debate stems from a number of factors but typically involves the argument that the issues are part of the game and require no changes or external programs to take advantage of them"
    And
    "Exploits can be considered illegitimate cheats that the developers should address and exploiters should be banned, while on the other hand exploits can be considered simply part of the game"

Whichever side is correct, it ultimately comes down to the developers' decision. Were these players simply taking advantage of a part of the game, or were they cheating by using something in the game that the developers didn't intend for.
    Rest assured, I think I know which side the developers should/will take.

Joey who likes this.
  13. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Funny that Joeyaa out of all people speaks about common sense.

Bradley Thorinsson and Arrow--> like this.
  14. Arrow-->

Arrow--> Member

Just like your common sense told you using mini accounts to complete quests is legit my common sense told me to do this. Either way we both tried to take advatage now you are just crying cuz it seems unfair to you. Double standards!

Wishaal likes this.
  15. Joey who

You can change subjects if you want. In the end of the day you'll get what you saw coming.

16. Arrow-->

Arrow--> Member

So will you for using alt accounts :)

17. Joey who

My mini was created 2 months ago, didn't make it for the guilds but it came in handy when we got matched against rivals using them. I am also hoping they will find a fix for minis being used such as making the weapon quests purely damage and not kills :)

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  18. Arrow-->

Arrow--> Member

Oh yes you are innocent so is everyone ;)

19. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Tell me what's worse, using a mini to complete difficult quests (which still takes time) or bypassing all need for effort and completing board 1 over and over? Tell me which one the community frowns upon more. Also tell me which one the developers were forced to create a thread to address... (hint: it's not the use of minis!)

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  20. Arrow-->

Arrow--> Member

Its not the question of more or less, wrong is wrong. Imagine someone never used alt accounts to complete quests is it fair to that guild (hint: answer is NO) so swollow your double standards since you all were equally involved.

Wishaal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.