1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Quest Exploit

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Stebbi, 9 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

Be honest dude.... every single person wants to reach somewhere with a special advantage they get....most of the player didn't get to know about that loophole so they sticked to their own guild until these 2 day when it got really serious and got attention in the forum too.
    Some people did exploit it while some wanted to but didn't get the choice...we are living in the real world, so wake up.
    Everyone wants to be in the top.

P.S- Before this new update, everyone had the option to change guilds as many times as much they want.....it's Devs fault that they didn't put any restrictions while putting this new update.
    I repeat, it's not a bug.
    Peace

Babablacksheep and Baraba$ like this.
  2. Scrub

Scrub New Member

I would rather fight the same people over and over rather than people who are going to exploit loopholes :|

Dobson, Iunch, Kitterini and 2 others like this.
  3. El craken

El craken New Member

Estoy de acuerdo les impongan una sancion,
    Muchos q llevamos tiempo desdd q el juego era beta solo si contamos con una a epica , no es justo q otros q van llegando las consigan asi d facil.

4. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

English is required on the forums bud, read the section on the rules. Not being a dick but hard to help out if we dont know what your saying.

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  5. SirElyk

SirElyk New Member

Wow, it's amazing to see the bandwagon of haters on here. Bottom line the developers did not excercise due diligence in testing and in all fairness they can't account how millions of users will test the game to the limits.

To be clear, there was no cheating. This is a developer error and they are fixing it. For those that took advantage of this error, good for them! There are no need for punishments as, again, it's the developers error. For the ones complaining and didn't take advantage of the error, throw them some coins and care package so they can quit whining. In all fairness the developers can easily cross reference games like Clash of Clans where they have perfected the model of clans/guild play where there are hold times for watching and appropriate payouts. This new change is amazing revelation to the game but it has multiple flaws.

1) Guild hopping should have a 24 cool down time.
    2) Board payout per member needs to double with each board. No incentives to keep buying boosts for a 12k payout on a level 4 board when you have to knock out 250 kills when the payout is the same on board 1 for 10 kills.
    3) Need better guild control with the ability to see members last login and total guild quest contributions.
    4) Guild quests should be weighted based on ranking. Nothing wrong with creating a mini or having lower levels participating but it should not be equal payouts on the individual quests.
    5) It's recommended that the longer you stay in a guild and participating you receive a loyalty bonus that increases with the time you stay in the guild.

The developers messed up, own up to it and make the game better. Going backwards and penalizing by taking away will result in a blowback of financial repercussions as people will get a refund on their accounts. Clash of Clans had a similar error a while back and millions of dollars were refunded. Many participating in this loophole have spent an extraordinary amount of money and are contributors to the financial success of this game in which allows this game to grow and enjoyable for the spenders and non spenders alike.

Again... Developers Error... No Cheating Was Done... Fix The Errors... Properly Balance Guild Quests & Payouts... Throw A Bone To All Those Complaining And Move On.

Last edited: 10 Oct 2017
    Ovidmikel, Helius Maximus and D3X like this.
  6. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

Bottom line is ppl made a choice ad now "IF" they have to pay for that choice then its on them as the choice maker.

Terry Morgan likes this.
  7. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

If you are above the age of 13 I expect you to be morally educated enough to know that when you abuse some'thing' that is obviously not intended to work that way you are in fact manipulating whatever that 'thing' is.

There was no doubt in you exploiters' minds that told you it would be fine to restart guilds over and over for higher rewards with easy tasks rather than lower rewards with harder tasks. You guys knew it was not intended by Rovio and you guys knew that when the devs found out about the exploit it would be fixed ASAP, so you took advantage before it got fixed, and now hopefully we will see some punishment along with the removal of all the items gained since day 1 of this last update for all exploiters

Note: The game is for players 13+ so if you are below that age, go play angry birds :)

8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’m not sure exactly what point you are trying to make here?

If I read carefully between the lines of nonsense and bad punctuation, you appear to be saying:

“Wake up! This is the real world! People have dreams and aspirations. Oh! And I should be allowed to keep all my loot that I got by cheating”

Does that about sum it up?

Mr. Chompers and Joey who like this.
  9. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I hope this is a wake-up call for Rovio.

1. You need proper testing for all new releases and updates , which includes rigourous updates that tests for loopholes and bugs like this. honestly this so called exploit was a complete blunder! A child with any sense of exploration and curiosity would have tested and found this, with simple math would figure out that Board 1 was better than Board 5. Secondly, the quests were so one dimensional that asked for specific wrapons, yet they wouldn't think that some guilds would resort to new accounts or call in mercenaries to help complete quests? Seems elementary, in fact, juvenile in terms of logic. Couldn't they be more robust and covered a number of weapon groups for quests? It really exposes the lack of process that the Rovio development team goes through, and shows either lack of experience or lack of care for the quality of product it produces. As consumers, I believe hat many would have lost some degree of confidence whether or not this situation is repairable. I'm convinced that even Pay-to-Win players might have closed their wallets for the time being until things are resolved. Rovio needs to be better than this.

2. I hope you not only look at the mass amount of players that attributed to actually jump on this exploit but study the pricing and internal economics of the game. Because of the the super expensive costs of this game, the free-to-play players mostly on the higher ends immediately jumped onto the exploit bandwagon and for good reason. It's like a famine nation that immediately jumped at free water and food. It screams economic imbalance, on one hand you have veteran players playing for over a year with 2-3 kegendaries, meanwhile players with full t4 and T5 legendaries while paying 40-80k USD. The scale is beyond imaginable and very unhealthy. The exploit ironically balanced that a bit, but it would be best for those that didn't participate also gained. A more balanced base of players means less Pay-to-Win and more reliant on skills and talent. Right now it's undoubtedly that those that pay are the winners, please balance it.

3. Player activity and satisfaction for those that received items were through the roof. I have not seen the game this active, not even on Global Launch. Giving away more items doesn't necessarily ruin the game(if everyone gets them), rather it gives people enjoyment and prolongs the life of this game. Progress and the ability to receive items at any stage of the game is important to keeping the user interested to continue playing the game.

I hope that the decision on how they repair this situation is a sound one, rather than a community destructive one. This is a huge pinnacle moment for this game and the success or failure completely rides on this single moment.

10. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

I could see taking perks from those leaving the guild but what about those kicked from a guild would they loose their perks too because a leader decided to make space for someone else.
    The most practical approach would be from a game I played before this one...
    You join a guild you can participate in the guild quests...once you participate in that guilds quest you would gain the rewards from that guild at the end of the season (based on your performance).
    If you participated in that guilds quest then left and joined another guild....when you tried to participate in the 2nd guilds quests a message would pop up that said. "You already participated in another guilds quest...(and it would not allow you to join in on the second guilds quest).
    EX. In Battle Bay you would not be able to select quests in the second guild (until the next or new season)
    - this measure prevents gains from guild swapping/hopping

Someone also mentioned that one guild season wasn't long enough to tell whether to guild was a good one to join...that may be true but after a certain point you could base how good the guild was based on the number of trophies earned and in which place they land each season. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on.

You could still leave or join other guilds and as long as you had not participated in quests. So you can still move from guild to guild to find one you like but once a season is in progress if you participate in the guild quests you would at least have to stay for that season to reap the benefits.

11. Shadow_Wolf

Shadow_Wolf New Member

First of all, there was no rule against using smaller accounts to complete quests.
    Second, we did that because no one in their real minds would start using a t1 napalm at 2900 infamy. The quests were too irrelevant so we took the most obvious step. Can you blame us for that?

BITTERSTEEL and H.A.D.E.S like this.
  12. Joey who

"I cheated too, please don't take away my stuff"
    This update was to solve that problem, you just abused it so much you didn't even give it any time to figure it out. I managed to get 4 legendary red pieces, a few epic items (noticeably more than usual) and epic perks since this update came out without leaving my guild once since update. And I know many more who have been getting rewarded very well after update without having to cheat for it.

You know you are in the wrong. Don't be mad at the consequences.

13. Big pimp

Big pimp New Member

I hope the devs are able to get back the resources gained by people that cheated to get free stuff. Some of us actually stayed in a guild and fought to get proper rewards. Screw the cheaters!!!

Joey who likes this.
  14. Big pimp

Big pimp New Member

I think it's a good idea to have all different skill levels in a guild. Just as in every other game.

15. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Right. I knew this would be placed on the table. But I honestly don't really care for the outcome of my account. If I get banned I'm gone. Easy as that. I was halfway out the door from before the last update if you recall. if Rovio applies a stupid juvenile fix for this situation, I'll be gone in a jiffy and I'll make sure the door doesn't hit me and remains shut.

It's not about me.

My suggestions here cover a wide range of issues that nobody has put forth. I'm also not debating the issue Of whether people cheated or not. That's a rabbit hole that people are still arguing about for several pages. I simply don't care for it.

There's reasons why people jumped on the exploit so quickly, why the Pay-to-Win are outraged, that some parts of the guild quests were really downright stupid, why the game was so active and actually probably grown. The issues are larger than this.

But if all you want to put out that I exploited, and that my arguments are invalid. So be it.

16. Casstiiel

Casstiiel New Member

The funny thing is WE DID! We are minding Quests over infamy, trying new weapons and getting wrecked in the process, and come on, Speeders getting kills with Rare t1 napalm? No happening...

17. Shadow_Wolf

Shadow_Wolf New Member

True....but we are a speeder guild. And speeders cant kill with napalms and firebombs. Im not saying we didnt try, we did try. But it was harsh so we took the alternative!

18. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

This is true. I haven’t left my guild since the update, and I’ve had loads of cool stuff. Even got my first legendary piece (unfortunatly it’s green, but hey!). Prior to the update, legendaries (and even epics) seemed beyond the reach of many players, but it’s difficult to argue that is still the case.

Dobson likes this.
  19. Joey who

You put out some valid points, none of which make it right to exploit the game however.

And I personally feel this update was a way to help the free to play players while still benefiting from the pay to play players. Most guilds are mixed of f2p players and p2p. Rovio is making lots of money from the p2p players buying pearls to gift the guild, this is benefitting all in the guild as they get equal rewards. I am a f2p player besides the $15 I have spent in the passed for vip and $20 I won in a drawing which I used all the pearls on upgrading a ship to mk5. I am benefiting greatly from the p2p players in my guild who are buying us boosts.

Hope if or when you are stripped from the exploited items you got you give it a chance to see for yourself and ifnot, oh well

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  20. duy0699cat

duy0699cat New Member

I have my girlfriend create a new account and keep it under 100 infamy, buy a uncommon napalm and kill some bots XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.