1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Quest Exploit

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Stebbi, 9 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

Yeah, pretty much. That's the way freemium games survive. People who want the best stuff and to be the top of the ranks spend money to get there, and that spending finances the entire game. I, for one, thank the whales. I spend some, on occasion, but never to the levels that these guys do regularly.

2. Bo Oetjen

Bo Oetjen Member

They technically did say guild hopping is against the rules. They said it was an exploit and not the intended design of the guild wars. They said it was clever, but they said it was an exploit. Which exploit is defined here:
    FB2E67B7-2D07-4E27-8BF4-821358BB25BD.jpeg
    8CAB51DA-FE8E-475A-83B7-FEA6BE093E9D.jpeg

There was a forum thread that someone posted screen prints on what was seen as an exploit to the designed function of guild wars. I don’t think they ever said it was a reason for a ban, but, reprecussions will obviously need to occur to be fair to those of us that didn’t throw away our moral compasses and did it the difficult way. In fact, it was the same people guild hopping from one to another that were previously complaining about people using mini accounts.

A lot like @Dobson said, I was kind of disappointed to see you of all people participating.

On a entirely different note:
    Because of the guild quests this was becoming more common because of people not having the leveled gear or ships to compete in their current infamy level, but wanted to participate in the guild quests to try to finish them. Punishable... no. Annoying, absolutely. But it sounds like people like you are the reason I created a mini account. I did it because I was tired of getting cussed out because I was trying to learn a different ship class than what I had been playing all along. I’m bored with shooter. So, is it fair to be reported for “suiciding” because I’m trying to control a ship that moves at a ridiculous rate compared to my shooter? No... but it’s happened.so I created the mini, but apparently that’s an exploit too. There is a lot still needing some ironing out about the guild wars and the game. But in your example, those infamy tankers lose rewards at 800 infamy LOWER than their season high. So, there was a fix put into place for that. And everyone did make a huge stink about it, so I think your arguments is sort of off topic here.

Dobson likes this.
  3. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Because they don't know when it will drop.

4. Mr.Deer

Mr.Deer New Member

How about the people paying money to buy pearls for the quest? If they are cheaters, the developer removes their items for punishment... But, how about the money they spent?

Many players take benefits from this case for free, but many of people also spent a lot money for this “free-benefit”...Is this fair to them or the developer do the punishment and also give money back to them....

5. The Otherguy

Tech support
    So you spent money to cheat. o_O

Terry Morgan, Ian and ViscountSniffit like this.
  6. Jujujuan

Jujujuan Active Member

In our guild we are 20 members and only 6 or 7 actives. Its hard to complete missions, but we are trying. I save my tokens waiting for good stuff or useful items for my ship (2 days remain).
    The advantange have to be removed.
    Having 2000 Infamy and fight against Mk5 ships is hard and now this.
    Ban is not fair but delete all theirs advantages is the first thing to do..

Dobson likes this.
  7. Mr.Deer

Mr.Deer New Member

In this case, do you think this is a cheat?

8. Scrub

Scrub New Member

Referring to how Miika said that people Gathering resources via the exploit was
    " clever. "

Your parents don't have to tell you right from wrong.

You know it's wrong to wipe your butt on the living room carpet...

you don't wipe your butt on the bottom side of the carpet and say that it is " clever. " and that makes it okay to do so..

Everyone who did it knew that it wasn't right. There were plenty of people who initially complained but then eventually joined in on the exploit ( Hippocrates) whatever punishment the developers see fit to execute on the people who utilized the exploit so be it.. and everyone who did participate. can you honestly say that it was right? That it was fair to everyone? Sure they could have done the exact same thing. Me for example I was offered to tag more than once and I declined because I knew it wasn't right. refuse to be a hypocrite. If you could put yourself in my shoes and see things from my perspective... watching everyone Guild hop and acquiring Epic perks Galore excetera excetera while you remain in your guild pushing versus your rival Guild and eventually yet slowly attain the resources that everyone is gaining so quickly.... you wouldn't be pleased...

One way to fix the loophole would be by making the amount of resources one has go to 0 if they leave the guild that they acquired them in. (Just a thought)

and to address everyone's gear that they acquired so quickly and perks that they've attained they should reset everyone for what they've acquired off of the boards and grant everyone the equivalent of Max board completion for the two rival seasons that we've almost been through already.. also just a thought...

It wasn't right and I saw it for what it was..

So.. You take the low road I'll take the high road and I'll get to Scotland before yee..

G G

9. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I hope my suggestion was taken into consideration.
    No legit player has completed board 1 over 5 times.

@Stebbi

10. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Also a suggestion to stop the exploiting is to have a 72 hour cooldown before you can participate in a guild event starting when you make or join a guild.

Dobson likes this.
  11. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Time for some guild management. Kick the inactive and recruit more!

Jujujuan likes this.
  12. BlueLotus

BlueLotus Member

Finally some good official announcement comes. I totally agree that using loophole is a very bad behavior and those who did deserve a punishment. But the question is what will be the punishment. I suggest your team must be careful of the situation that many people might quit the game with inappropriate punishment taken. I agree with what American Marauder said, don’t do a rollback for all players, just for those who get more tokens than they should. If universal rollback is needed, I will still accept it. But that’s unfair for those who didn’t do it and may risk of losing players.
    Also, I suggest you guys have another big sale and encourage us to pay. My wallet is ready for it:p

Last edited: 10 Oct 2017
  13. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

If ya steel a car just because the keys were left in it.....guess what, ur ass is still gona go to jail and u deserve any punishment given to u wether its alittle or alot. If the devs dont justify then how will that look....obviously alot of ppl are mad about the farmers....gona be even worse if nothing is done to them

14. Naglfar

Naglfar New Member

Agree. But what do you do, when the guild leader is inactive? Officers (if there are any) can kick players, but they still don´t have full control. A guild with only one inactive leader and no officers is doomed, or am I wrong?

15. The Otherguy

Tech support
    D.O.O.M.E.D.

16. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

You are not wrong, but if that's the case, the most logical thing to do would be joining another guild.

17. Mr.Deer

Mr.Deer New Member

Maybe the Developer can give extra tokens and gifts to players determinated normal. That’s fair.

18. Mr.Deer

Mr.Deer New Member

But there is no rules about this farming....You cannot steal a car because it is law

Last edited: 10 Oct 2017
  19. ThatBoiVonte

ThatBoiVonte New Member

Well, if you guys see the bay feels empty and only finding the same players over and over in your battles, or no one to battle at all after this, don’t be surprised.

Shadow_Wolf likes this.
  20. ThatBoiVonte

ThatBoiVonte New Member

Let’s all just sit back and see how this one turns out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.