1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Quest Exploit

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Stebbi, 9 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

All I can say, without any hate going on: Devs definitely lack in communicating with their players! This whole thing wouldn't have started at all, if devs just clear things up whats allowed and what's not. If they say guild hopping is a reason for banning, i doubt anyone would ever try it. After a big update all kinds of mistakes can happen, no deal at all! But devs knew about that guild hopping and didn't state anything clearly! And btw in general i still love the update! Brought so much more live into the community.

Syla5 and TheFixer27 like this.
  2. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Your favorite pasta sauce is on sale, 0.99 a jar. There's a limit of 6 per customer.

You're at the store with your spouse.

Do you go through once as a couple, buying six jars? Or do you go through as separate customers, and buy twelve?

3. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

I'm not really sure which side of the debate you're on, based on that post. In your scenario, it's reminiscent of someone hopping to a friendly guild to help with quests, which is understandable and should be allowed. In the scenarios we're actually having happen, it's like you and your spouse both are dressing up as new people after every trip through the line and buying an endless supply of $0.99 pasta sauce. This is grounds for permanently refusing service, to most stores.

4. FAILEDKNIGHT

FAILEDKNIGHT Member

Here’s My thing. Only thing I pay for is to be in VIP. I earned my Legendary weapon by scrapping epic and rare weapons I didn’t plan on using so technically I’m a F2P player with a legendary weapon. So it’s not impossible to get Leg weapons when your a F2P. But in the interim I built up my defender and ya weapons to be able to compete evenly with those in my league. If I never see the Nightmare league so be it. There a lot of dangerous players in the ACE league that will keep me in the game. I come for the competitiveness. And your weapons don’t make you it’s your skill. I destroyed a player who had 4 leg weapons on his shooter.

behumble likes this.
  5. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

False. Look up the word exploit.

Shadow_Wolf and The Otherguy like this.
  6. Lutto

Lutto New Member

Its just as you say... F2p always loses here... Look at bunta... No chance beating him.... He can be good but his items do most of the job

7. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Hah! I expected an update to come out addressing the exploit.

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. Lutto

Lutto New Member

I
    I can't fully agree with u. Yeah tier 5 epic can fight tier five legendary, but legendary has advantage, there is nothing u can say to deny it

9. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

thats just sad lol. its not like all guilds are bad :) definitely worth being apart of a guild, at least for the players

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  10. Lutto

Lutto New Member

In 10 years a tier 5.... Maybe

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. Lutto

Lutto New Member

Exactly. Those ptw are just afraid of the f2p who are more skilled then them

12. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    Zusay I was saddened to see you join this exploitation. How could you think the game economy could honestly survive this TNT farming? Just played some matches now - the weapon power of the farming players is way OP to non farmers, its a totally unbalanced mess.

Bo Oetjen likes this.
  13. Lutto

Lutto New Member

The game shouldn't be pay 2 win in first place ifnit want to be. Competitive, as the game is now, one skin market would be far more suitable

14. -BliiTZkRiiEG-

-BliiTZkRiiEG- New Member

Haha look at all the nightmare league "Wallet warriors" come here crying about f2p not dropping a dime to get good stuff lol yeah takes a lot of skills to drop thousands if not hundred thousands and be able to one shot People in nightmare league lol plenty of people in nightmare league doing the exploit too I can tell you because in our rivalry there's a guild that well known players keep joining to see if they matched against a low level guild lol I'm not going to put you guys on blast you know who you are I have screenshots of you guys :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: 9 Oct 2017
    H.A.D.E.S and The Otherguy like this.
  15. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It isn’t just p2w players who are affected by this.

Everyone, including f2p players, that just played honestly with thier guild, and didn’t abuse the exploit, will now be at a huge disadvantage.

Iunch and JJf like this.
  16. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

"Devil's Advocate"?

In my opinion, it's closer to each of you buying 6, loading the cans in your car, and then immediately turning around to re-enter the store to buy six more each. In most cases, the store gets wise after they see you come in a few times, and they tell you to knock it off.

But I have yet to see a situation where the store security follows me to my car and smashes the jars I bought until I have only six left.

Nikkie! likes this.
  17. Slaying Mantis

Slaying Mantis New Member

Can I please have a legendary railgun or explosive Cannon, pretty please with cherries on top. I'll be your bestest friend. ^_^

18. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

And that may be true, but as I said, it's often grounds to refuse future service when you exploit the system in such a manner. In this case, that would be banning, but I doubt Rovio would go that far. So, smashing the jars (which these customers got free, by abusing the system) is a tame reaction by comparison, and a lot more fair to the players who haven't exploited the loophole, whether F2P or not.

Dobson and JJf like this.
  19. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

Looks like you didn't even read my post. Nothing you have written has to do with my post. I've said that there is definitely a lack of communication from devs to the players. Also have been before the update when they have left everyone with nearly no information about when it's expected to drop and what's gonna happen. In this case as well.

20. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

Stop complaining about being F2P. It is by design that those who pay will ALWAYS have the biggest advantage especially if competing for the top rank spots, that's how mobile games work. Just be happy that F2P even gets a chance to reach nightmare, you're not paying anything so don't be so entitled. Yes, progression sucks but cheating your way through to catch up and still have the audacity to complain because you can't reach Bunta's level when not paying anything, just lol.

There's nothing more sad when F2P blames P2W items, it doesn't matter about your "If I had those items too, I'd be better" because it's not reality, so wake up. This is coming from a F2P as well.

Spinners71 and Terry Morgan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.