1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Quest Exploit

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Stebbi, 9 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

:D punishment!!.... it's just a game and if something major happens, most players will quit and start playing something else.
    No matter what devs will do, there will always be a problem and people will try to counter it by finding some advantage.... can't blame anyone.

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

It may sucks but a "cleaner" bay wouldn't hurt one bit ! In fact, that's what we need. A better community than cheaters/farmers.

3. H.A.D.E.S

Yeah I know, but at least there is no Legendary shit in there which f2p players can't get.... everyone gets same but f2p players a little bit slower.

-BliiTZkRiiEG- likes this.
  4. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

There you go : Spending money accelerates things but eventually, F2P players will get them as well.

5. H.A.D.E.S

Hmm... can't truly agree on that when it comes to battle bay, but let's see what happens.

6. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

I wish everybody would react the same as how they react against guild hoppers to infamy tankers and people using common gear and a lower lvl ship than their main ship.

Double standards Anyone?

7. H.A.D.E.S

Hopped some guilds though as I didn't find any of them suitable for me but never did Infamy tanking or used lower lvl ships or common gear.

8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Thank you for giving this issue your attention.

I would reiterate what others have said about a blanket rollback: it would unfairly impact players who haven’t been cheating.

I have no desire to see exploiters ‘punished’ per se. I think the most important thing is just that some element of balance is returned to the game. In particular the disproportionate accumulation of epic and legendary equipment by cheaters. I hope that will be your primary concern.

I appreciate that untangling these ‘ill gotten gains’ from legitimate gains is probably not easy. I think reductions in the rarity of accumulated items would probably go a long way towards dulling this advantage, if they can’t be removed.

Nikkie! and BEN like this.
  9. That Speeder

That Speeder Member

I never used any exploits or created new guilds. I didn’t get epic perks or huge sum of tokens. I’m still in the same guild where I started. I’m still waiting for my 42000 tokens which I didn’t get due to some bugs in Server. But two things are very clear.

1. P2P people are so frustrated that F2P players are getting weapons close to them.

2. Devs are so desperate to punish players for their mistake.

You guys have to have guts to accept mistakes and fix things in quick TAT. Only bugs can be exploited. This is something you gave as feature and people used it. Learn from supercell, they never did anything even when bugs were exploited. But quick to fix it.

It’s been more than a week and still you haven’t done anything!

10. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

i hope The Waterborne Speeders guild that had 5 smurfs in their roster to easily grind quests vs bots, gets permabanned.

11. H.A.D.E.S

That's what I am trying to say from the beginning...but no one truly understands.

Lutto and Babablacksheep like this.
  12. Chuck

Chuck New Member

I don’t know anything about exploiting. I was just playing the game the way y’all set it up. You can audit us if you like, Angry Battle Birds Bay.

13. FAILEDKNIGHT

FAILEDKNIGHT Member

It also easy to tell which Guilds we’re doing it because the players are jumping back and forth from the baby guild to the main guild. So I don’t think there will be much to worry about in the honest Guilds. And as for Pay to play.. majority games out that are online base are that way now so it’s like a moot point. It’s like that in call of duty, and every other game I play that is similar to this style play. If they want to spend $10000 dollars on a game, then it’s on them.

14. That Speeder

That Speeder Member

May be now that they have given warning, they should find people who do this hereafter! Not fair to put everything on players shoulder.

No wonder if they come and tell us “we are gonna punish all speeders using two turbo at a time. We are intended to use only one turbo though you have two slots.”

Very lame way of tackling problems!

Lutto likes this.
  15. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    I have got a legendary item and many epic perks by playing many thousands of matches. You are mistaken, fellow battler, F2P get their legendaries, just takes a long time.
    Now these bankrobbin' farmers got some in 3 days (plus tens of epic perks), call that FAIR?

Skye likes this.
  16. That Speeder

That Speeder Member

Bank says, we will give you 10$ every time you come to us.

Some go once, get money, go home!

Some go again and again and get money!

Both are legal as long as Bank allowed it!

Ovidmikel, H.A.D.E.S and Lutto like this.
  17. ShinnsTheory

ShinnsTheory New Member

Sounds like it's a good thing I created my own guild and am the only member.. :cool:

18. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

In this case, the bank didn’t ‘allow’ it. It was just something that was broken, and people took advantage before it could be fixed.

I can assure you that if you find a faulty cash machine IRL, and you keep taking money from it that isn’t yours, that’s not legal. You would be expected to give it back, and probably be prosecuted too.

19. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I assume you are just trying to protect your stolen goods, which I can understand. If you are serious then you should consider having your moral compass recalibrated.

Bank lets you go into the vault unsupervised, do you:
    A: Only take what is yours.
    B: Grab everything you can.

You knew that the gains from using the exploit was nowhere near realistic, you knew and yet you kept abusing the loophole. In most online multiplayer games exploitation to this degree would be perm ban, consider yourself lucky that they are limiting the response to removing the stuff you gained by cheating.

Skye, Jumppanen, Bo Oetjen and 7 others like this.
  20. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Wrong analogy, your analogy is trying to say that the moment your clear board 1 quests, the game then gives you another set of board 1 quests again.

The correct analogy would be a bank giving you a $10 deposit bonus for every new customer each week. But the said person changes his identity the next hour to trick the bank into giving him another $10 thinking he's a new customer.

Iunch, BattleRascal, Dobson and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.