1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Grinding... Unavoidable... But easy to make more fun.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by SSMinnow, 15 Feb 2019.

1. SSMinnow

SSMinnow New Member

Here's my suggestions...
    - Make the grinding for Guild Quests not require a win. I personally feel like I would play more if this was the case. However, I turn it on, play a few matches, inevitably either get a win streak or lose streak. If I get on a losing streak, I quit. Not because I don't want to play, but because I like to play for the guild quests, and if I'm not winning, I'm not contributing, so what's the point? I just feel like it's a no brainer... I play more... I contribute more... I watch more ads... You win (ads $), I win (feeling of contribution), Guild Wins (trophies).

- Trading - I accumulate junk. Rather than just scrapping everything, perhaps I get an item one of my guildmates could use. Why can't I trade it with them? Yeah I could use the pieces to upgrade, but maybe I want to be a nice guy. Or maybe if I scrap I might get 100 epic pieces, and he's willing to give me 200 epics for the weapon. I think it's just another way to get people talking and making it a more community driven game.

- Skill Testing Mini Games for Fun or bragging rights... 60 seconds to hit as many popup targets with a sniper. Hit as many moving targets as you can with a mortar... more points for closer to center. Obstacle course for the speeder, avoid mines, fastest times. You can take it from here, but it's something people could use to practice. Let me know if you need more ideas.

That's all I got for now.

envylife and Agile Vanguard like this.
  2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Great suggestions. I do get overly frustrated when I want to play 10 games and make some guild contributions but wind up losing almost all of them. Removing that requirement would relieve some of the frustration with RNG matchmaking.

Trading is really growing on me. There should be enforcement for equal trades and a premium on top of that which goes to Rovio (parts, cells, pieces, sugar, gold, pearls), and number of trade limitations are all perfectly reasonable implementations. Even 1 trade per month, e.g., an epic carronade for an epic BPM with 1M gold going to the house.

Wainwright likes this.