1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Job Devs

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Terry Morgan, 27 Aug 2018.

1. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

https://replay.battlebay.net/CRYCYDHH#WXVMLXZY

Such a balanced boat enforcers are. Please give me two more epic Tesla shields so I can fully join this atrocity. Then after everyone plays this boat maybe the game will balance itself since noone seems to want to address the problem!!!!!

Turkett

2. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Use ur dbl op grenades.

Bradley Thorinsson likes this.
  3. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I must admit, I’ve watched the replay a few times and I’m not exactly sure what you found unfair about this match. Yes, the enemy had 4 enforcers, but all of them only had one TS each (two of them only had rare TS’s). Therefore there should have been plenty of unshielded time for your team to shoot them. People complain about how strong 2*T5E TS’s are, but I’ve not seen people complaining about single TS enforcers before.

Your team lost because the enemy had better tactics:
    • A friendly speeder found itself surrounded in the middle of all of the opposition and so died.
    • The opposition ignored you as you chased the fixer, and they engaged the rest of your team instead (meaning that they had a 4v3 against your remaining teammates). This was very clever, as trying to kill you at that time would have left them exposed to your teammates. Instead they killed all of your teammates and you (after killing the fixer) were left with pretty much full health but facing a 1v4.
    Maybe you see things differently to me. I’d be interested in hearing what you found so unfair.

Shadow Moon!, Hazimi, Ultrah and 7 others like this.
  4. Nicolas

I watched the replay.
    _20180827_183242.JPG
    Currently, shooter is the most used ship in NML.
    There are approximately 2k nightmare players, so there are:
    • 790 shooters
    • 420 enforcers
    • 324 speeders
    • 296 fixers
    • 172 defenders
    However, I believe that in the last season 60%+ of players above 4800 were yellow users. (80%+ in top 50 were yellows users).

I rarely see a defender in Top50 (Except Grand_Paladin).
    In the past, devs nerfed explosive cannon which was a direct nerf to defenders. Now, most defenders use three one slot points weapons (like u or defenders who use flare+dbl blast).
    In other words, most defenders don't use all red slots which is wired. There's no useful two slot points weapon for defenders. Sometimes, this percentage drops to 3% in nightmare league. (Only 60 ppl are using defender in NML)
    Everyone who is dropping infamy jumps in his enforcer to gain it back.
    I was trying to drop infamy in the last season using an enforcer (which isn't my main ship/without retraining my crews). I wasn't able to drop infamy, because even with 1/2 my power I was able to destroy enemies. (I was using this setup https://replay.battlebay.net/VXHPBPZG#XZGDKCKL)
    Enforcer should be nerfed (or at least dbl bubbles should be nerfed).
    We expect a nerf to blast / Buff to explosive cannon soon.
    Nerf bc = nerf enforcer / Buff ec = buff defender

• WarHawk •

XQT, Ultrah, Riddlerpaji and 2 others like this.
  5. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I think you raise a very valid point. With only 3 active slots, it is difficult for a defender to use its red slots effectively, and long cooldown on 2 point weapons punishes defenders.
    Perhaps the answer is to give the defender one extra red point (still 3 slots in total) and then create a 3 point weapon which is strong but has a short cooldown. Effectively this would mean that this was a defender only weapon, which could be used alongside their current weapons to increase their dps.

6. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Interesting proposition. But shooters could also drop a 2-point weapon in favor of replacing another with the 3-point weapon. We'll see.

Given the deafening silence, I doubt the developers are on board with any of the complaints on this thread.

7. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

Even when i have just got my BC to T5 recently, it really need a nerf, there is no way it can be better than a 2 slots weapon (EC) with short reload time, faster bullet... 30% damage off seem reasonable to me.

VantaBlack and Nicolas like this.
  8. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Shooters could - I had considered that but I’d thought that the low cooldown would mean that their other weapons were wasted. But actually the more I think about it, the more I would see the need to avoid shooters using the new weapon altogether.
    Perhaps it could be a 4 point weapon with defenders given 2 extra points instead of 1 extra.

9. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

I got an easy solution for the defender, give them 1 green slot to fix themselves, solved. Reduce BC damage, reduce SC crittical damage, done.

10. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Give us the duct tape!

XQT, AntiHero and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  11. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

yup then defender should rise to around 15% usage rate which is better than 8%

AntiHero likes this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I don't think that giving defenders a green slot is a solution that should be considered. Defenders with duct tape will be insanely OP imho.

13. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

Duct tape can be countered with flare and or stun. I have met a 3 duct tape fixer today, with all them tapes and nitro the fixer still die easily. If defender had duct tape, they can throw away all those bandage and focusing on HP only. If you still find it abit OP, im sure dev can do a trick so a duct tape can only heal 70% or 50% on a defender.

14. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    See, duct tapes do you no good... you know what we need??

[​IMG]

15. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Now you can saw this boat in half!
    Unstoppable :p

16. Terry Morgan

I assume you play one of the yellow abominations.
    So you see nothing unfair about the matching or the ships and items? Well then i curse you with every match from now on to have @YSL and weeze on their enforcers and see how you like those fair boats then my friend!!. Sad that enforcers know how op that boat is and yet the devs just let it run unabated. Very poor designing and balancing imo!

Turkett

Last edited: 27 Aug 2018
    VantaBlack and SlayerofSergeants like this.
  17. Terry Morgan

But look at Top ten and see how many yellows are there every season. One or two reds but truth be known they used a yellow to get there then changed to red. If there was balance, there would be a more even dispersal of ship types thoughout the top 50. Just a percentage of users of a certain ship doesn't express how overpowered a ship is.

Turkett

18. Nicolas

Solution:
    All weapons shouldn't have the same effect on all ships.
    _20180827_202800.JPG
    Let's focus on red items.
    My point is: Your ship should affect your weapons range/cooldown/duration (I excluded dmg).

In other words, some weapons aren't so popular on a specific ship. Ex: Mine or Napalm on a speeder.
    You should get 10% extra Mine/Napalm duration if you're using a speeder to make these items more popular on a speeder without buffing/nerfing the item in general.
    Similarly, defenders should get –5% cooldown or +5% range on some weapons (Ex: explosive cannon).

Just make a list of most used weapons per ship ( bb-stats.com), then adjust weapons for each ship.

I know that we will see more ppl running weird setups, but this will make the game great again. Im too tired of ppl who copy other ppl setups. (Ex: Enforcer)
    Flare, Blast cannon, mine, overboost, bubbles, big shield, and turbo or bandage
    This is what u have in mind now. Right?

I want to see enforcers running fire bomb or napalm. (Like PeterKing today)
    This won't nerf/buff any weapon. We are just adjusting weapons on ships to make weapons equally appealing. I want to see new setups.
    Hope that my point of view is clear...

Birddog4 likes this.
  19. Nicolas

Check my post again. I clearly mentioned that these numbers are in all NML.
    I totally agree that 80%+ of Top50 players are yellow users. (There are some ppl in the bay who are mainly a shooter like me and Silver. im 100% a shooter, and I was in Top10 last season).
    We should see more balanced percentages in Top50, since it's dominated by yellows and greens now.

20. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I see you'e point but there is a reason it was designed the way it is. Every ship has an advantage and a disadvantage. Shooter sacrifices utilities for damage potential, defender sacrifices damage for health, speeder sacrifices damage and a little health for speed and so on. Thus creates balance in a match while allowing players to use a ship that benefits their playstyle. What you'e suggesting would level the playing field damage wise and would make certain setups more powerful. Take your defender example, if I ran an EC with buffed stats I could quickly dispatch ships with less health while they can't put a dent in my increased hp.