1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Give good mk1, mk2 and mk3 players stronger weapons / bigger rewards

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Flint, 30 May 2018.

?

Give good players better weapons

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. NO

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  1. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

I agree it is wrong and yes they are in effect cheaters but there will always be a way around anything, at least this way it can be reported and you move on. They are sad individuals who have to win even though it makes them losers overall.

2. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

But still good players with low mk ships, will still face mk5s at around 800 to a 1000, those aren't cheaters. But as a mk1 or mk2 try shooting them as your weapons do 200 dmg and these mk5 have 5000 HP. You just don't have enough time to sink one and you cannot avoid every shot from them, so that is nigh impossible.

3. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    No. Why should gifted/talented players gain better items because they just know how to play better? That's just being bias against less skilled people who are genuinely trying to git gud. Not that I'm saying that this should continue; I do agree that the matchmaking system needs to be improved for the <1500 infamy range. But this is definitely not the way to do so.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

In most games the better you are, the more you win. That is just the normal way of life. So, when someone reached 1200 Infamy with a mk1, why give him or her the same as someone who is stuck at 100 or 200 Infamy. The one at 100 to 200 Infamy, don't need an rare or epic, because all boats are quite similair. But a mk1 with 800 to 1200 Infamy willl face mk5 or even m6s. Have fun kill just one boat with a 200 damage weapon!

Mk5 with epic double shield: 5000 hp : 200 dmg weapon = 25 full on hits (which most are not, so in truth you have to hit someone 40 times)

Mk1 with uncommon shield 1000 hp : 1000 dmg weapon = 1 hit (they easily reach a 1000 with crit perks)

I have been in battles with my mk2 where I was THE ONLY mk2 between 9 mk5s! Guess who was dead in 4 seconds. I played Fixer and my Repair bolt did 225 hp, their weapons did 500-1000. So, how on earth could I repair ships with 225 hp, if their weapons did 500-1000 dmg?

Now do you think that is a fair fight?

5. Cricketmad

You are looking for a shortcut to success, you are forgetting that those mk5's you are facing have spent a lot of time on this game with no shortcuts and as such have grinded long and hard enough to earn their weapons. Although I do not approve of their low infamy I do believe that they have earned their weapons. If you want to get through this you will have to work out how to play long enough to survive the initial onslaught, remember it is not always the best strategy to always go looking for trouble plus if you have a mk5 etc on your team maybe follow them ;)

wreck your day likes this.
  6. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

No, not looking for a shortcut, just so you won't get punished for doing well, like now is the case.

Did they earn their weapons? You can get up to a mk5 and good weapons, just by logging in 3 times a day and collecting the gold, sugar and pearls. It takes a while, but it is possible. Just like going up a captain level, nothing is required than just pressing a button.

If someone in a mk1 and mk2 face mk4, mk5 or even mk6 and this problem in matchmaking isn't dealt with (it has been here since I started playing back in September), than something else needs to be done. I have seen too many people leaving the game, who were very skilled players. Within a week getting killed in 1 or 2 shots almost every battle, is very frustrating. Enough so, that they quit.

7. Cricketmad

I agree it isn't right but the fix is not to give away weapons, more to stop them playing against you via match making. PM screenshots of your items etc and I will come up with a strategy you might be able to use if you want. The problem with giving away weapons is it then will annoy lots of the established players if it goes too much the other way.

8. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

You got a point there. Was just thinking of a way to tackle this problem, because I seen very skilled players (I am not talking about myself, because I am not that good) leave the game within a week, only because they got killed in 1 or 2 shots. One guild member reach 850 Infamy within 80 battles, which was not bad. But he left because he got sick of the before mentioned reasons. And so have others. Even if you spend money, it takes too long to get on par with a mk4 or mk5 as you do well with a mk1 or mk2.

9. Cricketmad

I agree but tbh if you aren't going to grind then this probably isn't the game for you! To unlock leg weapons you need to do 10m damage that is the definition of a grind game!!

10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, it's a long haul game, I think anyone who's grinded to mk5 speeder like @Flint has can appreciate that. However the matchmaking issues are real

11. Cricketmad

I agree they are trust me I got 1 shoted enough given I was a mk5 speeder at 2600 infamy at 1 point. Don't play it anymore as it was too annoying so come up with new strategy instead which is what I think the newer players have to do too.

12. TheAntiSnipe

What do you play now? Quitting the #speederlife mustve been tough

13. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Spider Solitaire :D
    On a serious note, speeder is seriously lacking now, almost on par with the big blue monster...

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. Cricketmad

I've gone defender mk6 whilst I work on a carro bc combo for my enfo mk6. Tried speeder and carro but the training conflicted so didn't work as I don't have the turbo required yet. As I said this game is all about adapting to what you have/given until you get what you need through playing lots.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. Cricketmad

I agree! I am lucky to have been given lots of blue epic parts and few dectn weapons so I am stuck with the blue blob! :(

Ash KOT likes this.
  16. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Guessed your new boat in one ;)
    There are some seriously bad ass defenders out there, funny you went from the fastest boat in the bay to the slowest :D

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

I pretty much went the other way round lol

18. Cricketmad

Double turbo though so it's not that slow ;)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. Mong curse

Mong curse Member

I think every mobile app is a grind! Some waaaay more then others lol
    My brother is mk5 and only started in February! Last game I played we had 50+ days of build time for a building upgrade that took forever grinding to pay for lol
    The grind here doesn't seem so harsh except for the fact we can't compete at small lvls

Cavy, Cricketmad and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  20. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

You little Mongi

Mong curse likes this.